Nutrient dense dishes

ITT: Post that mythical dish or food from your country that has the reputation of being magical for its nutrient density and properties. Drinks allowed.
Protip: it doesnt have to taste good
Hard mode: it has to be relatively unknown worlwide
I'll start with an obvious one ,rather known but not always implemented : Sauerkraut

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kFkFDaFSx7Q
youtube.com/watch?v=0DyB9ZtOVn0
youtube.com/watch?v=R_J8Vldu6UY
youtube.com/watch?v=kdpfiVd2css
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

USA

Made a batch some time ago and it is getting really good. much more crunchy and less acidic than the vinegar soaked supermarket stuff. I'll try to snap a picture later tonight.

>freakonomics
Opinion disregarded

If sauerkraut is nutrient dense, i hope kimchi is too. I make and eat a lot of it

Kimichi is great too

When I visited Colombia I was told that Guanabana cures cancer. It's not too difficult to find thoughts like that online.
I think in America it is called sour sop.
Freaking delicious, cancer curing or not.

Nice, didn't know about that one

I wonder what happened to all the fermentation threads

What's the key to ferment kimchi properly? I made a batch as an attempt and just stuck it in the fridge because I felt like I was lacking a fermenting agent.

Use a starter culture. There should be lactobacillus on the cabbage already.

Just touch your pussy first and don’t wash your hands when you are preparing them

Spirullina and chlorella, garlic, ginger, turmeric, oil of greek oregano, white gold (philosopher stone), etc...

a couple nasty ass oysters

I was skeptical about the influence of gut flora on your overall health... until I started making kimchi.

Kefir reporting in. Shit is GOAT

goddamn I read that as cholera and was wtf?

Elaborate, please :)

G

there's nothing there :(

I miss those, although I made several of them in the past but peppers are out of season now where I live.

F

dunno how known these r outside of el salvador, but these r tasty af: pupusas

shit i forgot the image

youtube.com/watch?v=kFkFDaFSx7Q

there r various types of pupusas: cheese, bean n cheese, chicharron (pork) n cheese, revueltas (bean, cheese, n chicharron)

this looks good user and easy too I'll probably try making it.

how to make the meat filling (chicharron):
youtube.com/watch?v=0DyB9ZtOVn0

yeah the cheese ones r easy to make, just add cheese
u can also make a tomato sauce n the salad (known as curtido de repollo) to eat with the pupusas
here is how to make the tomato sauce:
youtube.com/watch?v=R_J8Vldu6UY

here is how to make the curtido:
youtube.com/watch?v=kdpfiVd2css

Pemmican is starting to become popular though

Those are literally everywhere

holy fuck I love pupusas

I speak broken spanish without giving a fuck just to get them

>Salo
literally salted pig fat

3 penis wine.
contains dog penis, deer penis & seal penis
i heard it is nutritious tho.

You might be dyslexic, my friend

So how do i make Sauerkraut?

Literally salt and cabbage.

Ok, how much salt for half a cabbage?

chop white cabbage (or any cabbage) super thin

put it in a bowl with salt (google how much) and knead it so it gets bruised and starts to leak out fluid.

throw in herbs: caraway seeds are a must imho but mustard seed, peppercorns, juniper berries and bay leaves absolutely add something

toss it in a mason jar and make sure everything is under the liquid, use bags filled wiht brine, stones, jars whatever.

burp it daily to avoid nuclear explosions or use a water lock.

eat after a few weeks.
look up some youtube videos to get more of an idea but it is nearly impossible to fuck up and much better than the vinegar drenched stuff from the supermarket.

that's what they say about all soured dishes over here

Thank you.

Mondongo

ur a mondongo

ahm not a fuxkcin goat

shit you go and grab for free inna woods-tea
like, blackberry leaf tea

make kimchi but instead of adding a bunch of gook shit you add nazi shit.

A McDouble has like 400 calories and costs $2. You can sustain a 2,000 calorie a day diet with like $4, and have it actually be balanced and healthy, so this faggot is full of shit.

Please explain how you can sustain a healthy, balanced 2000 calorie diet on $4/day. Seriously, I want to know.

Where I'm from we eat pork chips, pig fat that is melt and deep fried and salted.

Oh sí negro

I had some over the summer from a local dairy, but it was loaded with sugar. Got some from my grocery without anything in it. Strong stuff, tastes really different. That, kombucha, and yogurt are keeping me alive

>freakonomics
Literally how did this retard get so famous after one poorly researched and outright disingenuous book?

beans/lentis + rice
seasonal vegetables

Why does that lard strip have meat bits left on it? Kinda sloppy by the butcher.

Eggs, spinach, whole wheat bread.
That's all the nutrients you need

Cook your own food. Rice, beans, bread and some frozen veggies.

google it you mong. someone on here will trick you and you'll end up making mustard gas or some shit.

I fucking hate that slop o' shit.

what's with the ss logo om the top right?

great after a full night of drinking with the lads.

Beet kvass

are you literally me? I eat the same, except i add sardines to the mix.

>are you literally me?
Of all the retarded sayings used on this site this may be the worst.

well hold on now. What if he literally was me? I seriously was surprised, very very very few people understand nutrition that well, even though its not that complicated. And that combination.. its the exact same i used to have, its just now i add sardines to it too.

>very very very few people understand nutrition that well
Yeah. You and that other guy are so smart. Too good for this place really. You should make your own subreddit and stay there.

Put mustard in a pot and boil it until it all evaporates.

Toenails in a jar are that good huh?

This guy gets it. Salt must be 2% weight of the cabbage. I knead it every 15 minutes for 2-3 hours and it's good to go.