Fried Chicken, anyone?

Fried Chicken, anyone?

Other urls found in this thread:

seriouseats.com/recipes/2015/07/the-food-lab-southern-fried-chicken-recipe.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Looks like it might not taste like shit

>all that wasted surface area when you could have used a deeper pot and cooked for less time and had better consistent crunch
>using non-stick pans to fry food

You're a fucking retard

good counter-argument buddy, clean your fucking stove

I realize I fucked up a bit but I didn't have enough oil

I like fried chicken

OP here, this isn't me

Still looks good bro. I know that feel when you wanna deep-fry and only have barely enough oil left and make sacrifices because you don't want to drive to the store.

I wanted to try out making my own breading.
I never really make fried chicken and it sounded fun

corn starch

Aren't we all.

I actually thought of doing this, and I intend to next time.
I just decided to use what I had and didn't go buy anything from the store. I was thinking about doing a little bit of flour and using mostly corn starch next time.
Do you have any other tips?

brine

Do you have a recipe? I'm pretty curious, I've only ever deep fried temura vegetables and and sweet potato chips aside from this chicken.

Tempura***

nah man it's pretty cut and dry, check youtube. I just mix a little flour/cornstarch/some seasonings and do the eggwash dipperydoo and throw the fucker in

I'll look into it, thanks user.

OP here, this isn't me

how did it turn out m8?

anyone use buttermilk? I like to dip in buttermilk (with hot sauce mixed in), dredge in dry ingredients, chill for an hour and repeat to get a double layer of crispy spiced breading

yeah i'll grab a thigh and leg man thanks
i brought beer it's on the patio

check out this enormous fag, everyone
you're the real life irish stew guy

I like to coat the chicken in cornstarch, then dip in egg and then flour with spices. Fries up very nicely.

buttermilk is great, try letting it sit for longer than an hour tho

I tried this recipe and it was really good, the chicken was perfectly moist and juicy

seriouseats.com/recipes/2015/07/the-food-lab-southern-fried-chicken-recipe.html

lemon herb brine > buttermilk.

i mean that does look good. But nothing matches, let alone exceeds, buttermilk brines when it comes to making moist chicken.

look at this soyboy faggot.
oooohhhh afraid of a little bit of FAT soy boy??
GET. FUCKED.

what's so magical about vinegar and milk?

Buttermilk is loaded with enzymes that breakdown and tenderize the meat you fucking brainlet

You sound like a faggot that wouldn't garnish with lemon zest and fried rosemary.

>he actually believes this is what happens.

i sound like a faggot that would forget the pic.

>He puts lemon rosemary on fried chicken
Maybe if you seasoned the breading with something first you wouldn't have to be a FAGGOT.
fucking white soyboys hipster FUCK.

Buttermilk marinade
Well seasoned breading
Fried in peanut oil
Served fresh and hot with choice of hot sauce.
Literally the one thing the blacks got right you god damn soulless fucking fag. Go back to wince you come

>what are probiotics and how do they work.

>Maybe if you seasoned the breading
it's seasoned breading. Let me guess you use powdered onion/garlic don't you, redneck?

I totally agree with you 100%, but because I'm a faggot grammar nazi, I would like to point out that it's
>from WHENCE you came.

oh yeah? What's its seasoned with? Cum??
fuck you. Probably use a non stick wok like the cum guzzling OP over grannys fucking cast iron.
Ask any old black lady and you'll learn alright

concept: buttermilk rosemary brine. It'd get you guys to shut the fuck up.

because lemons are better than 2% milk with sodium citrate added.

lemon rosemary buttermilk, then, nobody's saying you have to add buttermilk just that it makes for a moister chicken

Buttermilk is good, but so is lemon brine and frying it in a bunch of olive oil

tbqh

>makes for a moister chicken
what do you think a lemon brine does?

>talks about cum
>likes buttermilk
Didn't think that one through did you, cletus?

>Fries in olive oil
the state of (you)
Cows don't count ya dumbass

besides them cows are female

It was pretty good actually.
Nice crispy breading that wasn't over seasoned and it was very juicy inside. Pretty happy with it but after reading this thread I will definitely mirnade it in buttermilk or bring it next time. I'll try both eventually and see what I like best.