Why is Flip food so hated?

It’s literally not bad at all and severely underrated and underrepresented

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=K-PKO2FrdPY
drive.google.com/file/d/0B3c4TxciNeJZNUVaZ0VhZ3dUMkk/view
bbc.com/news/av/world-asia-42990661/how-meat-is-recycled-and-sold-to-the-poor
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Gotta agree
I keep reading stuff in travel reviews and such about how people find Flip food not to be so good, but they attach a picture of some greasy stew that probably not even the locals would eat.
But why? It’s totally not that bad at all, with plenty of flavors from soy sauce, vinegar, garlic, fresh tomatoes, coconut milk, ginger, turmeric and more. I can understand people going to Thailand, China and Japan for culinary experience but the rest of Asia doesn’t really have a far larger variety in their dishes, and yet they are still usually praised by travelers
It’s starting to get traction though

>put ketchup, eggs, spam, and green rice noodles over some fried rice with a boiled duck fetus
>or go to jollibee for literal sketti
Wow so gourmet and exotic

Jollibee is the McD's of the Philippines.

most chink food is shit

Slumfag cuisine is not counted

McD’s is the McD’s of flipland, kfc is a better comparison
>implying the entire island chain isn’t one massive slum

t. philippine tourism board

Fun fact: spam is actually commonly consumed in almost all asian countries, being considered luxurious in Korea and China

Replace ketchup with siracha or some other sauce and you got yourself a quite generic asian snack

Claiming Jollibee to be part of Flip cuisine is like claiming McDonald’s to be part of Jap cuisine because they have McDonald’s in Japan
It’s ultimately an unbelievable retarded statement

>>implying the entire island chain isn’t one massive slum
You probably mean entire Southeast Asia

Go fuck yourself

>claiming a flip chain as flip cuisine is like claiming amerishit chain as nip cuisine

you fucking retarded?

It’s the street food that is quite lackluster which is what retarded tourists think is the most authentic culinary experience they can get all over Asia.
I wish we had put more emphasis on our street food, even if most street food in Asia is usually gutter trash

Just because it’s a flip chain doesn’t make it worth to bring up when discussing Filipino cuisine
There’s a handful of Japanese fast food restaurants selling burgers. Does that make burgers part of Japanese cuisine?
>protip: no it fucking doesn’t you absolute low IQ scum

Unironically this. You won’t find much that faggy tourists will find edible aside from some barbecue
In southeast Asia, tourists can only swallow things they are familiar with, like thai red curries, spring rolls, noodle soups, and stir fry noodles
They won’t eat things like chicken feet, duck embryo, intestines and blood
And thus they will assume all food is like that and won’t bother visiting those more proper food establishments that use better cooking techniques and superior materials

It’s kinda good

>inb4 flip 'nara

If you don't consider Mosburger a part of the Jap food experience, you're a fool.

It's not like you expect stunning street food out of Japan or Korea. Maybe flip food just sucks

All the KFC’s that close in Hawaii reopen as Jollibee’s (strangely with almost 100% mahu staffing).

Because it's been fucked by industrialization

>It's not like you expect stunning street food out of Japan or Korea
It’s pretty clear you’ve not been to those countries

>Why is Flip food so hated?
>[citation required]
Not sure about hated, but it is certainly an uncommon restaurant cuisine in the USA.
You know OP, that's how most people are introduced to foreign cuisine: by going out to eat.
I have never seen a Filipino restaurant, ever. I lived in the SF Bay Area for 3 years in Cali, and in the midwest besides that.
Why don't Filipinos open restaurants here?

I'm less knowledgeable about Korea, but I've travelled all over the northern half of Japan. Neither country has ever been a street food hub in my experience, especially in comparison to Taiwan or Hong Kong

It surely has gotten an undeserved bad reputation. Especially considering on the other hand how well Vietnamese food has been received despite the selection of food foreigners eat from there is literally limited to only different beef broth noodle soups, spring rolls, some salads and banh mi. I’m not making this shit up

All of those foods are good. What filipino food has the west been exposed to that's good?

Open some restaurants up OP, make us understand what we are missing.

That’s a funny way of saying you have not bothered to check out street food in Tokyo beyond raw scallops

I'm struggling to even imagine what you think street food is, given Japan's general scorn for eating while walking down the street

They should like their take on spring rolls, their kinilaw, grilled pork, sinigang and the huge variety of soy-vinegar based dishes

There are some in the Twin Cities, but they usually incorporate other SE Asian methods and ingredients into the restaurants. There's a Philippine/Latino fusion place as well.

Lumpia.

Balut is seriously underrated. It's chicken soup in it's own cup.

Duck, sorry. Though chicken isn't uncommon.

Drop some good quality rice vinegar or fermented chili bean sauce in the end for some heaven.

Japanese street food is anything you'd get at a stand during a matsuri, where there is absolutely no problem eating it while out

I think that feeds into my point, then. It's hardly a thriving street food scene if you can only get it during holidays. Even the things Japan had that were genuinely street food, like roadside ramen stalls, are dying out, because the japs just generally prefer to eat indoors.

I had a flip gf from the islands. She never made flip food.

Filipino here. Our food is fucking disgusting.

>have never seen a Filipino restaurant, ever. I lived in the SF Bay Area for 3 years in Cali
>You know OP, that's how most people are introduced to foreign cuisine: by going out to eat.
>outing himself as not going out to eat
I'm in Oakland near Merritt and there's at least four within 3 miles of me.

I'm not even a Flip, but sisig is delicious

Did you just never go out? There's flip food all over the place in NorCal. I live north of Sacramento, and one of the Sac tv stations has a Lumpia competition every year around the holidays. There's tons of flip food here, in the Bay area and in South Sac. And scattered around nearly every community.

Everyone loves the barbecue though lmao
Last time I went to a carnival, there was a flip stall open selling barbecue, and they didn't see a break time with all the people lining up
T. Flip
I hate flip food myself though

for a member of the "most powerful race" you're not very intelligent. Flip food is garbage just like the people.

LA fag reporting. I've lived close enough to two Flip enclaves to know that the food smells bad from a mile away and even worse up close. Been to several flip parties to know the homemade is only slightly better than the store bought. Chicken adobo pales in comparison to even the worst Mexican adobada. Panset noodles are always over or undercooked. Lumpiafilling is almost always greasy mystery meat tier. Friend convinced me once to order online from a renowned Flip food truck. I said I'll give it one shot. He puts the order in and it cancels after a minute. Tries again with the same result. They closed at 1230 on a Saturday. Really? Took it as a sign to never stoop that low. Their spaghetti is an atrocity that I will not even attempt to speak on.

TL;DR
Filipino cuisine is taking something good with food and seeing how far you can fuck it up in the name of poverty

don't like filipino food as a half-flip, but don't know if it's due to how it tastes or if it is an externalization of my self-hatred

>lumpia

You mean eggroll? We already have that. You can keep it if you just want to change the name, thanks.

>balut

This is exactly what I expected from you """people"""

>spam is actually commonly consumed in almost all asian countries
I've seen it on the store shelves exactly once in Taiwan, and never at a restaurant.

>street food dying out in Japan
>only available during the holidays
>Japanese prefer to eat indoors

what in the fuck

I enjoyed the food when I was over there. I'd eat grilled cuttlefish for lunch and sinigang soup with grilled fish for dinner. Since it was next to the ocean, the seafood was consistently fresh.

flip here
flip breakfast is bomb, garlic rice, egg and meat, a patrician start to a day

I wouldn't even really call the matsuri stuff street food. Unless fried butter on a stick is street food. It's fair food, stuff you see a few times a year for big events.

Lumpia is not eggroll you tardcake. That's like calling single-crust phyllo.

this

My father was a renowned Filipino caterer in the northeast, and I picked up his cooking

The more seafood centric dishes are way better, and I think Filipino Paella is way better than Spanish only because of the proximity to a lot more seafood. The dishes that use a lot of fresh fish and vegetables are so, so fucking dank

That said, most Filipino(-American) chefs don't cook the cuisine (Bouchon, Oinkster, and Eggslut in LA; the head chef of the White House)

I'd say its not dying out, just that people aren't silly enough to want to eat standing up outside when the weather is shitty. During the summer, theres no shortage of takoyaki trucks or yakitori stands even outside the millions of matsuri that happen during the summer. Your comment is like saying that ice cream is dying out because most ice cream places that aren't Baskin Robbins close for 3-6 months of the year.

but why

I know filipinos are desperate for the approval of Americans but let me take this opportunity to just prove how 4th world you are.

Here's the ingredient list of the highest rated lumpia recipe on Allrecipes:
>ground pork
>garlic
>onion
>carrots
>green gabbage

And here's the ingredient list of the highest rated eggroll recipe on Allrecipes:
>ground pork
>ginger
>garlic
>cabbage
>carrots

So you're right, lumpia isn't the same as eggrolls. It's shittier. You learn something new everyday, even from scum!

>I need more extra thick pastry to soak up more fat.
>I get my shit from the internet authorities on Allrecipes top-easy.
Your strange hatred for the better rolls is suspicious.

Look at you trying to claim a famous person with partial racial relations. I bet you people think Barack Obama was one of you, too.

>Implying anyone in Asia is pure-blood anymore.
I want /pol/ to leave.

Most powerful cuisine!

some may be good. but they serve Balut. so they can go to hell.

but WHY? why cant you just eat island type foods, lots of fish and tropical plants, and roast pig? why balut, why cheap ass copies of other dishes, why stupid noodle casseroles, why all so horrible, why?

i wonder what happened to that guy who shitposted about flip food everyday

> flip food

youtube.com/watch?v=K-PKO2FrdPY

no just why did they put cheese on top of the sandwich

why is it so red in africa?

aids

Because like everything else filipino the people constantly brags about how great it is despite it being substandard at the best

It’s a fact that majority of flips, especially those living overseas fucking suck at cooking. That means they will even suck at making western food

And by that it doesn’t mean that the food itself is bad.

Could say the same about Vietnamese cuisine. It’s all just pho and springrolls.

>recent IQ tests in Flipland
>between 92 and 94
That makes them one of the most intelligent Southeast Asians
drive.google.com/file/d/0B3c4TxciNeJZNUVaZ0VhZ3dUMkk/view

>carbonara with imitation cheese and halal sausages
>ancient flip food
>made by a clueless oversea worker in a sandnigger country who is constantly abused by her masters and might end up dead in a freezer soon
Nothing to see here

He lives in a slum. They only serve dried fish, soy sauce, rice and white bread there

No idea about Taiwan but they don’t serve spam in any prominent asian restaurant aside from small street side establishments, with the exception of Korea. Korea consumes the most spam only second to the US

How to prove yourself to be an absolute brainlet
You do know lumpia predates spring rolls by maybe centuries and that lumpiang shanghai is not the only variant? There’s also lumpiang sariwa, lumpinang gulay, turon etc.
Besides, a common ingredient in lumpia is wansoy which is almost like parsley

It’s probably from consuming so much grease and processed foods that you amerimutts suffers from Dunning Kruger effect all the time

You’re looking for a full flip? Here
>inb4 surgery

As I said: it’s hated for no particular reason

Needs more lemongrass imo
Otherwise it’s pretty good

>That makes them one of the most intelligent Southeast Asians
Not a big achievement to be honest

>Tagalog cooking
Once again the niggers of the Philippines are bringing us all down.
>mfw visayan lechon has become the only way to do lechon

>cherry picking one attractive woman makes an entire race attractive
>pretending she isn’t mixed

You were the one who brought up "hurr that other one is mixed and I am fucking autistic
by the way, she's not mixed, atleast her father and mother weren't Caucasian or east asian.

You replied to my first post in this thread. I’m not the other guy. Also, just because neither of her parents were white or East Indian doesn’t mean either of her parents were pure Filipino. If two mixed people make a kid, their kid is mixed. She definitely has white blood in her, and probably some East Indian as well. But I wouldn’t expect you to understand this, seeing as how you think a 92 iq is smart.

we don't have any fillipino restaurants here, hardly any flip immigrants, hence there's hardly any awareness of fillipino food. I don't live in the US though

bbc.com/news/av/world-asia-42990661/how-meat-is-recycled-and-sold-to-the-poor

Filipino food is literally trash.

Balut is an acquired taste. We understand if some people don't like it. But we also love pissing foreigners off with it.

that is a ridiculous lie

if you consider what foreigners eat, yes

Oh yeah, I forgot, Banh Mi and some assorted salads. Literally nothing else

>East Indian
wat
well regardless, neither her father nor her mother had any close foreign blood. Her mother was niggerish in bailing out her stepfather who was jailed because he beat her up, and her father "went out to buy cigs".

>But I wouldn’t expect you to understand this, seeing as how you think a 92 iq is smart.
It's better than sub 90. Slavs and Southern Euros fall within that, which makes them somewhat more civilized.
t. not a flip

2/10 bant

>if you consider what foreigners eat, yes
>Oh yeah, I forgot, Banh Mi and some assorted salads. Literally nothing else
What the fuck is wrong with you? How are you this stupid? Are you shitposting right now!? Holy shit. I am just trying to wrap my head around how fucking stupid you must be to seriously type that drivel.

american spam is 3x more expensive than the local version of the exact same thing (minus the variants of spam flavours)

No he’s literally right, Nguyen. Don’t get butthurt, but all Vietnamese restaurants in the west pretty much just serves springrolls and pho, and 99% of tourists eat those things when they visit Vietnam

This
thread replies gave me a headache but its probably hated because filipinos have a bad reputation

>inb4 all people in 3rd world countries are poor lol what a bunch of losers
Nope,its just that we dont euthanize hobos thats why its common to see poor people unlike in a dying first world country

>The food that americans eat in americanized restaurants are representative of the entire cuisine of an entire different countries with their own entire history and culture
I actually feel bad for you if you have this world view.

you're retarded vietnamese cuisine has huge influence from the fucking french who colonized vietnam in the 19th century. vietnamese is one of the worlds great cuisines. while filipino's are only a step above fucking dirt eaters due to their spic and largely american colonial influence

My gf is filipina but one of the rare kinds that are actually intelligent and has common sense. She even talks about other Filipinos like if they are from a different race.
She loves Filipino food BUT only if it's cooked in a proper way with patience and passion. Which she told me doesn't happen often enough, especially among those who live oversea, as a large part of Filipinos are pretty retarded at cooking, taking shortcuts whenever they have the opportunity.
As she's also very observant, when she was in Thailand, she noticed that most foreigners that try out their food almost exclusively order the red curry dishes, tom kha gai, tom yum, satay and pad thai. They also seem to get the first impression from street food.
Whereas their cuisine is a little bit more unknown and just like Thailand, alot of people get first impression from the street food. Which she agrees is quite subpar compared to the rest of the region

> first world country
> euthanising hobos

Sure buddy, totally happening. And to think Flips treat their lowest class so well, death squadrons hunting for drug users and all...

Alot of Filipinos are digusting degenerates that are fucking eat Sallted eggs and tomato with Rice and call it breakfast; and consider instant noodles on Rice As meal.

There are some tho that respect the integrassiom

If you want good flip food there are only a few places here in manila you can Go to. I suggest manam, Mesa, anything by that LJC group and fucking café Juanita.

Also you guys need to get into karekare — its better than sinigang