>salt, pepper, garlic, ginger, paprika, adobo
>broccoli and carrots
>red wine and worcestershire sauce
>cabbage
>fill pot with stock
>butter or sour cream
>boil, reduce, simmer until thick
>serve over rice

If you need specific instructions or measurements fuck you.

I know how to poach an egg

>boxed pasta/rice dinners

I've never understood these. Rice and pasta are the fucking easiest things to make from scratch. Boil water, add shit, drain water, season.

Was sous chef for two of my dads restaurants, nothing big, just a small Pizzeria and German beer house. Head chef at GasLight Bar in IN before it closed. Dad sold the restaurants. My mom died. Then he told me to quit cooking because you either make it or you scrape by. Been detailing cars since.

I cooked this is that good enough

neat

>season steak
>Fuck it
>???

grilled cheese
with garlic.

Wa la

I decide what I want to eat and then I google the recipe and follow it! OOOOooooOOOO! How fuck up am I? OOOOOOoooOO!

I can make a kickass steak au poivre.

>boxed pasta

If you meant this kind of box, then I'm fucked.

I made soup today.

I can bake, make preserves and roast a pretty good bird. It's more than my brothers can manage.

stir fry from tonight

I bake bread with out a bread machine, I cook with fresh veggies everyday, I used to grill all the time when I ate meat, I know how to season with spices without teaspoons or tablespoons, I make fermented food stuffs like creme fresh, hot sauce, and pate fermente, I pretty much make all my own sauces.

I can cook bacon and eggs

Come to my place and I'll serve you a Campbells Cup-a-Soup fresh from the paper packet. You'll see some real cooking.

lul I live 10 minutes from where GasLight was (didn't live here when it was around). What pizzeria?

I was drunk
Skin is the best part of salmon prove me wrong.

it looks so sad

I can make Cesar dressing, crackers, white wine cream sauce, and a bunch of other fairly easy stuff without any type of measuring, just eyeball that shit. I also can sear scallops and foie like a motherfucker. I'm not that high up in my kitchen but most people above me ask me to do their scallops and foie when I'm around. It's the only thing that makes me feel like I deserve to cook really.

That salmon is over cooked. Salmon should be just at the mid well point at the most. I'm not saying this to be a dick, but when you can see that white stuff coming out? That's fat, the best part of the fish, if you cook it to the point it's seeping out, you just have dry protein on the inside.

im a line cook for one of the most famous chefs in the world

It's a tie between raw fatty belly-meat, and crispy-skin with some fat and a tiny bit of meat attached.

I told the sandwich chef at subway how to assemble my sandwich which technically makes me a sous chef. Therefor I can cook.

Checkmate.

I agree.
I like what it does to the skin though.

>when you can see that white stuff coming out? That's fat
no it isn't, look things up before blindly assuming bullshit

He's right about it being overcooked though.

that's protein retard

I made this

This presentation is too good for you to be risotto fag

After looking it up you are actually totally right, I don't know why I would thing it was fat, that woukd make no sense. Regardless when you see that seeping out that's a sure fire sign that you over cooked your salmon. I'm sure you won't accept anything I say after being wrong about the fat but I live in one of the most major salmon fishing areas of the world and we generally cook our salmon med or med well, never well done unless some old geriatric fuck asks for it

I am not this risotto fag of which you speak.

Also pictured is chicken marbella with rice pilaf. Beneath the chicken is all of the sauce, olives, plums and apricots.

Pilaf is not boxed and gets its color from chicken stock and saffron.

>admitting you're wrong on the internet
First day?

Portion is very small and the green shit is too large and there shouldn't be any of it anyway.
Rice and mushrooms look ok though I guess. Is that long grain though?

Put a hot dog in the oven for 10 minutes at 400 degrees. Take out of oven and put in hot dog bun, add ketchup and mustard.

No, its arborio like it's supposed to be.

I cook food so well that I don' feel the need to take pictures of it.

What a sane person would use it anyway? Except may be canned ingredients, they can be handy sometimes.

I dunno man, sometimes when I've had a bad day I come to 4 chan to just say dumb shit but sometimes I pretend like we aren't all autistic drunk fucks and try to be civil. Also the people who called me out were totally right, I'm too retarded to act like I know everything. Is it better to try and act like your better then everyone else when your anonymous, or to use the lack of public emberassment to just admit when you were wrong?

>I'm superior to people on a food and cooking image board because I don't post images of food I cook

>i need to show every dish i make to the internet for validation

you are risotto looka like soggy bullshit and you didn't even pretend to care when tearing that parsley by hand

why are you here? what would Veeky Forums look like to you, ideally? this isn't /b/

For shit like this no one should need measurements. Just use common sense and taste regularly. My girlfriend always has to follow a recipe 100%. Drives me nuts.

I've been hosting Thanksgivng on my own for more than 15 years. People get hype for it in the beginning of October. My closest friends attend their family thanksgiving, eat sparingly, then come to my home to gorge themselves. (I serve dinner at 5, not noon like a total sperg)
Beyond my overly ambitious holiday dinners, there is a separate pie day, and cookie day just before Christmas.

On normal days my niche seems to be taking nostalgic American staples and elevating them to godliness. My meatloaf, tuna casserole, tuna on toast, Salzbury steak, sloppy Joes and Gabacho burritos are real crowd pleasers, especially among people who "never liked it" one friend asks for a batch of enchiladas every year on her birthday, and another requests pie in leu of Christmas gifts.
I not a chef, but I'm a good little cook. I am also pro at throwing a bunch of random shit together and makings delicious meal in

How am I suppose to prove that? I’m not an Instagram whore who posts pictures of every little thing I make.

>and you didn't even pretend to care when tearing that parsley by hand

That part is very true.

What's the one thing any "good" cook should be able to make?

I can make a mean soufflée and some great ice cream from scratch

Sometimes being anonymous makes it very easy to set myself up as the butt of a joke. It's easy to admit you're wrong and are acting retarded when when it's just another post in a sea of identical weirdos acting retarded.

I can saute mushrooms

Maillard reaction.

I found a recipe for this taco pizza.

Are those fucking zucchinis? Meat looks pale too.

>tfw always toast salmon in the toaster-oven after my mom finishes cooking it to make sure the flesh is crispy and dry "medium done" is gross as shit senpai
also[spoiler]lemon juice on salmon is disgusting[/spoiler]

Browning onions properly doesn't take 5-10 mins like most recipes state, it takes like fuckin 40 minutes on medium heat (no, blasting them on high til they start to char on the outside is not browning)

nice beer choice my dudebro

i noticed this too, unless other people enjoy eating raw onions. in a pinch though, i'll use a small sauce pan and pile the onions in, blast on high and stir very frequently. they steam themselves initially and it reduces the total cook time by half or so

I'm more a fan of baking and making sweets like pic related (maple, nutmeg, and candied pecan cheesecake cups with cocoa meringue), though fond of normal cooking, too, of course.
Caramelizing onions? I love it, but they do take painfully long when you have a hard craving. I like that thekitchn.com/how-to-caramelize-onions-35933 has a sequence of pics showing doneness to refer to.

Pan
Nice and hot
Drizzle of cooking oil
Chicken breast, sliced and added to the pan
Fried brown
Onion, diced, garlic, crushed, added to pan and browned
Add Dolmio if it’s been a good day or Ragu if it’s been a tough day
Simmer
Serve on fresh bed of macaroni

Wala, Tom’s chicken and tomato supreme

No

Your dad is wrong. You can make good money without "making it".

I made parmesan chicken with steamed asparagus yesterday.

Tomorrow I'm pan frying sirloin steak and pan-fried mushrooms with steam squash and cauliflower.

Dis count?

all of that on a plate tho?

Me three

Ah, the classic British "cuisine"

Pretty sure that's guinea pig and it honestly looks pretty good to me.

Brown some pork belly
Toss Kimchi
Water
Gochujang
Hotpepper flakes
Zucchini
Bring to boil then simmer throw in silken tofu
Cook for 5mins
Eat with rice from the day before
Eyeball everything easy breakfast.

>meat looks pale
Maybe because it's fucking chicken you god damn fucking idiot.

Not trying to start shit but the protein coming out isn't always a sign you're overcooking food. Happens with baked chicken all the time. Perfectly cooked baked chicken spurts out loads of delicious protein slime

yellowgroove?

Sear on high heat skin side down, flip and turn off heat makes perfect salmon every time juicy meat and crispy skin

>with garlic
10/10

1. Put potato in hot oven, cook until done.
2. Put meat on hot skillet. cook until done.
3. Sauce as necessary.
????
4. Profit.

a fried egg

I made cronuts

Five minute pasta from yesrerday.
I never use recipes.

Everything from scratch, always
Fish and potato

Dumplings, also made up recipe by me and also from scratch

Anyone can follow recipes, I partly think the sign of a good cook is the ability to forgo recipes and still make delicious food on a first attempt

You should start using recipes. Pasta looks soggy and sauce looks dry.

Either your bar for delicious is absurdly low or you have no idea what you're talking about. Even pro chefs can't consistently make delicious dishes on the first attempt.

Canticle for Lebowitz cooking.

There is no sauce and pasta is not soggy. Its is lightly covered in cheese.

Was meant for this

pro chefs =/= good cooks
"Pro" just means cooking is their profession, not that they excel in it.

He's just an idiot.

Am brainlet and never heard of that book before. Please elaborate how it's related?

Potatoes are the same, just have taters in the water from the start.

Nothing too fancy, but tasted good enough.

You sound like a douche.

I tried making a cake for the first time?