Help with bone marrow

Hi Veeky Forums. I was hoping to make some bone marrow butter, so got a marrow bone from my butcher, but he wouldn't cut it down the center like you see in pic related. So, I just roasted it and tried getting the marrow out (turned it on it's end, poked a knife in etc). Some of it was kind of grey-brown and rubbery, but it certainly wasn't as much as it looked like the bone had in it to start with. The rest was a yellow liquid, which I'm assuming was from the marrow also, as it didn't really seem that much like fat. It put both parts in the butter (fried them up first as they weren't particularly hot out of the bone), but are they both from the marrow, or have I got a little marrow with a load of fat? Thanks for any advice you can give, it's the first time I've tried using marrow and just don't quite know what I'm looking for (other than a new butcher who'll cut the bones length-wise, of course).

Other urls found in this thread:

tastyislandhawaii.com/2016/04/01/the-worlds-first-kitchen-chainsaw/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

why don't you stop being a retarded cunt and eat the meat instead of fokin bones.

What was I thinking coming to Veeky Forums for advice? A board that's solely populated by people posting about pizza, coffee and 'how much do you tip?' threads. I guess I hoped the 1% of people on Veeky Forums who know anything about cooking would see my thread, but it appears not. Oh well, better go find a message board with people who can actually cook and know anything about food.

you can't really do much with marrow once it's been cooked except for spread it on toast, as you learned the hard way. you just gotta find a different butcher. did you tell the butcher why you wanted him to cut the bones like that and he still didn't want to? maybe his slicer just wasn't up to it. either way, most high end grocery store meat counters will do this if you chat them up a little bit first and it's not too busy. just minimize your autism, no one wants to do favors for an entitled sperg.

>looking for any sort of advice on a mongolian troll circlejerking forum
saged because real thread

That's pretty much what you get, yeah, bone marrow is mostly fat.

Is bone marrow the new meme?

no bone marrow is fucking amazing and not a good damn meme it's been eaten for thousands of years

I've have eaten it too, caldo de res uses it and it is one of my favourite foods, but suddenly I've heard a lot of people talking about it and I wonder if this will be the new hot meme that flyovers will make the prices rise for

Meat is for Men, Bones are for soyBoys

Most other meme foods are good, but popularity creates overestimation and price inflation from everyone wanting it, whether to be a part of a crowd or because they actually like the food item.

you could try a chainsaw op
tastyislandhawaii.com/2016/04/01/the-worlds-first-kitchen-chainsaw/

Only the strongest animals can reach the marrow

Same here. My dad makes that shit with extra bone pieces with marrow

Try reddit. Don't forget your soy in the fridge before you leave.

Gristle is for GREAT men.

it's ancient meme made new again

>not eating bone brooth
Malnourished dumbass

Am I wrong in assuming that you'll get small chips of bone in the actual marrow if you cut it? It seems like you pretty much have to scoop it out for this reason. If I am wrong, great, I have a bandsaw this is gonna be neat.

Man I miss having easy access to a bandsaw.

I'm pretty sure butchers just split it with a bandsaw.