For years, milk was seen as a miracle food -- packed with nutrition, easy to consume and relatively inexpensive

For years, milk was seen as a miracle food -- packed with nutrition, easy to consume and relatively inexpensive.

Then came the milk duds -- the naysayers who argued that humans weren't meant to consume cow's milk and other dairy products. Spurred by 2005's best-selling pro-vegan nutrition book The China Study, a small but growing segment of the general public has turned skeptical of dairy's health benefits.

Last year's Netflix documentary What the Health continued to fan the flames of the anti-dairy movement, though many doctors dismissed the film as grossly inaccurate. On social media, there's no shortage of people taking potshots against "mammal udder juice products" to quote a satiric video making the rounds, "If Milk Commercials Were Honest."

Yet from a scientific standpoint, the anti-dairy movement is -- for the most part -- udder nonsense, nutrition experts say.

In 2016, two scientific publications analyzed more than a dozen studies of dairy's effect on our health. A Food & Nutrition Research meta-analysis concluded that not only do milk and dairy products help people meet nutritional recommendations, "they may protect against the most prevalent chronic diseases, whereas very few adverse effects have been reported."

A meta-analysis in Nutrition Journal looked into the supposed link between dairy and cancer and concluded that dairy products "have no significant impact" on cancer mortality risk.

But wait -- doesn't lactose intolerance prove the argument that humans aren't designed to drink milk past infancy?

"I don't buy into that," Carson says. "There's no scientific evidence to say dairy is not healthy for us," she said, adding that "there's plenty of scientific evidence that says consuming something that gives you more protein, more calcium and more vitamin D is a good thing."

People are idiots. Milk consumption is what makes Americans so damn tall. I wish I drank more milk, because I'm literally a manlet now.

Milk is horrible for you, if not just for the diseases it carries but the karmic health of the soul.
How many cows have to be slaughtered for you greedy fucks to enjoy your death juice when you can get so much more from natural plant alternatives.

>tfw only needed one more inch to hit 6'

feels bad

>"there's plenty of scientific evidence that says consuming something that gives you more protein, more calcium and more vitamin D is a good thing."
Misleading and doesn't refer specifically to milk. So as yet there's still no scientific evidence to say that cow's milk is good for you. I'm neither for or against but that little ploy has made me more sceptical of drinking milk from a cow, especially if that cow a has a great big hole in its side.
In fact fuck it now I'm vegan.

No cows have to die for our milk. They die for our meat. They just get stuck in pens where they can’t move around much and have their babies stolen so we can have milk. Both are worth it. Fuck animals. They would do it to us if they could, even if we never did it to them first.

>How many cows have to be slaughtered
Not enough, which is why I use milk to wash down my veal

>milk duds
>udder nonsense

There wasa time where i would drink half a gallon milk a day because it was dirt cheap back then. Would also eat a few hands of peanuts and the average plate of veggies + meat and train 4 times a week... Was the best i ever felt in that year.

Bbbbut... Milk is like 3 times more expensive now.

Canada?

/pol/ soyposters will argue this via adhons and without any science

Got Milk?

Government bullshit. If you think you can trust that, you deserve the diseases.

>No cows have to die for our milk.

Not exactly true.

When a dairy breed gives birth to a bull calf you don't keep it around.

Netherlands.

popeye is government bullshit too so you should definitely avoid spinach like the plague

Your wife sure loves to keep the bull around though.

This. I quit drinking milk at about 8, and I'm only 6'. My dad is 6'5". I squandered my genetics.

>muh jokes
Wont save you.

Only milk you should drink is raw milk.

Milk is for infants. This isn't debatable.
Look at all the plain evidence.

>For years, milk was seen as a miracle food
Because Uncle Sam said so. And he loves you to pay for his product. Wake the fuck up, people.

>karmic health of the soul.
How are liberals so firmly anti-religious yet constantly spout shit like this?

I will now drink all milk.

black people are WACK!

I've been drinking milk my whole life and I'm a dumb manlet.

>milk
>how many cows have to be slaughtered
user, I...

Literally this. Average breast size in America has been increasing for decades. Average was a B cup in the 70's, now it's a D cup. It's literally because traces of all the growth hormones we give cows are left in the meat and the milk.

Holy shit, are you people fucking clueless?
They milk the dairy cows for a couple years and then have them slaughtered when their volume dries up and they stop producing.

>dairyfairies

Milk will unironically give you tits and turn you into a girl more than soy.
Milk is for babies, period.

This is bait stop drinking milk for a bit then have some and see the effects

Society is anti-milk these days because of growing minority populations who are lactose intolerant. Believe it or not but natural lactose tolerance is almost exclusively a caucasian trait, with the intolerance rates in africa and asia reaching as high as 100%

Oh I am laffin

Who funded those studies, OP?

>drink 3 glasses of milk every day as a kid
>still only 5'5
>still only [spoiler]A cup[/spoiler]
I was lied to.

after 20 years of drinking milk, then stopping, my eczema completely vanished, as well as my constant nasty farts and bloating.

So yes, for some humans, milk is bad. Lactose intolerance is completely legitimate.

Milk is bad but butter, yogurt, and cheese are fine.

This annoys me to no end.
I just want my own country with people like me.

You weren't lied to, you just had poor genetic potential. Without that milk you could very well have been shorter and flatter.

There's a difference between practicing your religion in peace and bothering people/denying all science because of it.