Australian Cuisine thread

Australian Cuisine thread

Other urls found in this thread:

catalogue.nla.gov.au/Record/3787705
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Needs more Vegemite.

Australians have patrician tastes. I will fight any cheeky seppo that says otherwise.

Flat white > Caffe Latte
Long Black > Americano
Vegemite > Marmite
Pavlova >>>>>> Every other dessert
And if you go back a month to straya day, a sausage in a slice of bread + bbq lamb make the perfect lunch to have outdoors.

Were you inspired by the sausage sizzle thread?

Long blacks are the same as Americanos, and pavlovas are from New Zealand

OP what do you actually know about Aussie cuisine? I'm sick of all the vegemite, meat pie & fairy bread threads. They are tasty and have their place but it's not even scratching the surface of our cuisine. It's like me saying a chip butty is brit cuisine or mac n cheese is American cuisine. It's the shallowest representation of that country's food.

>Long blacks are the same as Americanos

Hello mates, I drink beer and eat kangaroo meat.

Chicken Katsu Sushi and 375ml Pepsi Max

all those things were invented in new zealand lad

The shallowest representation is accurate in this case. For most of Australia's existence, the population continued imitating England in a craving for her approval. Not long after getting over cultural cringe, the multicultural project began in earnest. There was never a sufficient window of opportunity for white Australia to develop anything sophisticated of its own.

>australian cuisine

I love a good Lammington

See Also, macadamia nuts are from Australia, try some desserts/biscuits that have them or on their own either salted or honey roasted.

Try some kangaroo meat as well, tim tam biscuits, and golden gaytime ice cream.

Plus if you ever set foot in Australia, try cuisines from other countries. Due to the multicultural nature of places like sydney, the high quality produce and the push for good, authentic cuisine, you can get pretty good if not better foreign cuisine like you would in the native country.

E.g. You can get Wagyu beef for a decent price (still kinda expensive) in Australia since we raise some cattle specifically for wagyu.

Know how I know you've either never been to Australia or live in a caravan park?

Wrong. I live in Sydney. If is you, you basically supported what I said.

No I'm a different user
I made these posts

you typed out a lot of words but didn't say much.

sick cunt, ayy.

they're exactly the same

You didn't hear this from me but John Blackman touched Dickie Knee inappropriately, and Daryl fucking knew the whole time it was habbening.

Also, kangaroo meat is way too strong to enjoy on its own as a steak but the pan sauce you can make off it is second to none. Absofuckinglutely kino-teir.

Let's see you retain a full crema using the Americano method

Neenish tart

Isn’t all Aus food prison food?

Chiko Roll

Lamington

How the fuck can you live on the eastern seaboard and not have had any great Aussie food? Sydney rock oysters, moreton bay bugs, what do you actually eat? Are you Asian or something?

Segregated Jelly Babies

It's kinda weird how kangaroo meat isn't normally considered as part of Australian cuisine because we don't eat it all that much. It's just an animal in Australia that some of happen to eat occasionally.
I mean I'm sure most Americans don't consider deer or bison or rap singers to be part of their national cuisine. Or do they?

That's just scooping stuff out of the water. Hardly counts.

Hardly counts as what?

A sophisticated cuisine.

I think you've misunderstood me, my problem is not that the pie, vegemite and fairy bread are unsophisticated. Sophisticated /= good.

>Also, kangaroo meat is way too strong to enjoy on its own as a steak
I literally ate kangaroo fillet last night that I just seasoned, cooked medium rare and then served with brussel sprouts. Was delicious.
What kind of pan sauce do you make with it?

This is the peak of Australian Cuisine.

>he hasn't eaten a vegemite and cheese pie

good 'ol Coon cheese

Bullshit ya cunt, try reading a book. I recommend this one: catalogue.nla.gov.au/Record/3787705

Now there's a fresh take on comedy, you fuckwit.

I like to marinate roo fillet with garlic, ginger, soy sauce and oyster sauce, then sear it rare. Deglaze the pan with verjuice and you have a sauce that's good to go.

>no beetroot
Have you even been to Oz?

How would you describe kangaroo meat to someone who's never had it before? Is it like deer meat?

Tastes like slightly gamey lamb desu.

Needs to be cooked properly though.

>Australian

Have you read that book? The blurb at the back seems to indicate that it argues much the same thing as that post.

>coon cheese
do australians actually eat this?

Some do, but they're not true patriots because it's majority foreign owned. Bega is the cheese to grab.

Is that filth supposed to be food?

I eat a chicken n veg pie every single day
Sometimes I'll eat two
I usually wont eat anything else, except maybe a cup of peas
I am dying, I think

with food like this, the inevitable chinese takeover is almost worth it

based fucking /afl/

kys

Own it and read it. Australia did have an emergent cuisine but it was heavily fucked up by the world wars. 1850-1910 was the golden period. Anyway it’s well researched and worth a stab, get the 2007 version.

Doesn’t matter user, because at the end of the day there’s still only two kinds of people in this world. People who don’t fuck kangaroos, and Australians.

oi cunt you want to fucking fight ill smash ya fairy bread is choice

>snacks for kids is ridiculous bad as a meal and only exists to look good and attract kids
>this is somehow surprising

>What kind of pan sauce do you make with it?
I'm that one guy in Australia who doesn't drink alcohol so no wine sauces for me. Usually I just use a bit water to deglaze the pan, then reduce it, and that's enough for a delicious pan sauce. Sometimes I'll use a vinegar if I'm having carrots.

tryhard

The texture can be tough but that can be fixed by salting it at least a couple of hours before cooking it, and ensuring it's at room temp before it touches a hot pan. I don't understand the science, it just works.

The flavour can legit be described (according to my palette) as spreading a bit of vegemite on a beef steak like butter on toast. To me it really does taste like vegemite. A bit.

If you see it a restaurant you might be offered tail meat which is a bit different to fillet steak both in flavour and texture (milder) but it's pricey.

An animal that hops around might pair nicely with a beverage made of hops, if you know what I mean. I don't because I don't drink alcohol, but oh well.

>choice
>not "top notch tucker"
Beware of New Zealand false flags. This tourist is an imposter. You can't trust him!

fuck off pedo

>No jam in the middle
The fuck is that

Fucking drongo

Aussies love "long blacks" you say? hmmm

>mac n cheese is American cuisine
It is actually British.

GARN
SERVO

Ausies will get this joke

I wanna try a beet slice on a burger and see what you all are on about.

Go to bed danny

and don't wake up

>have munchies
>go to the kebab place
>ask for snack pack
>fucking cunt is out of chips again

this guy never has enough chips.

Good thing about Australian food is the country is a whole continent and you can grow anything in some area, and with high standards and transportation. There is fantastic ingredients for anything available

>wake up
>smoke spliff
>Drive to red rooster and get some rippas
>Buy case of corona
>Go home, eat, drink, smoke
>repeat in the morning

>crispy bacon
>clearly flopped over on itself
Aside from that, I'd eat the fuck out of that. Meat pies on a sandwich? God damned stroke of genius.

On smoko right now.

It's really bad. It's not even a thin slice. They put in like a giant chunk of beet. Everytime I ate a burger in Australia I had to stop and think, why would you put a motherfucking beet in a hamburger then take it out and stare at it in confusion. Beets aren't even a commonly consumed item in other Australian food. Just hamburgers for no fucking reason.

Got a strong jaw? You're gonna need it. Lighter on flavor than you'd expect and really chewy.

Ehh, I eat alot of venison and bison so I'm not the best typical american but I will say both are very american meats. Bison is coming back in a big way after we remembered not to extinct them, but alot of places serve bison burgers and they very much worth eating. As for venison, anyone who knows someone who hunts knows how to make venison stew. No one eats an entire deer so every year you get a shitload of frozen venison from that one friend.

considering americans steal all their culture from people of colour i dont think it's that far off

that's an /int/ meme mr african american

based

Bison is fucking delicious, I can see why they almost went extinct.

Fuck off shill, race war now

Based danny coming to Veeky Forums to put his spoon to good use

You know I've never tried one of these and everyone always goes on about how they're so gross, but I think they sound fucking good. Now I'm thinking about trying to make my own pea soup and meat pies from scratch.

It’s 7:10am on Launceston Cup Day, I’m looking forward to a 12:30 knockoff, and I don’t get it.

>soy sauce
lol

Abbos like to drink heaps of petrol from a jerrycan and then sleep in the middle of the road

Been looking for an excuse to post this.

We don't drink it we just sniff it

So is the meat pie technically, that wasn't my point

What was your point? What is distinctive in your cuisine that isn't an imported idea or gutter food like fairy bread? Something other than raw ingredients like kangaroo that you happened to just pick up from the ground and cook plainly, I mean.

Is it true that Aboriginals drink gasoline?

Yea noonga

it smells sweet
don't judge me nigga

looks pretty alright

Nothing better.

"Australian" pizza is a meatlovers with an egg cracked over the middle.
Is this a thing in other countries too or is it just us?

a liter of methylated spirits

That's pretty much just you.

Yiros is the only decent Australian cuisine