Udon Noodles better than Ramen ?

Udon Noodles better than Ramen ?

Fusilli better than Farfalle?

They are so thick that you can't taste anything else in the bowl.

No.

They are to me. Udon noodles are delicious, although I don't really like them in soup.

I made this with Ramen noodles, but I'm kinda curious to make something with Udon noodles since my half brother from Thailand says they're better. This was fine

Udon is only better when you want to eat udon. Ramen is better when you want to eat ramen

they're too thick.

Yes, but they are also distinct and different enough that both are acceptable answers.

Udon is more delicious and filling. It actually tastes like something. Ramen is just substanceless ass.

I prefer ramen, the noodles in Udon are way too thick and lean on the flavorless side.

As someone who loves Japanese food overall I gotta say it's pretty milquetoast when it comes to noodle soup. Compared to Chinese, Vietnamese, or Thai noodle soups Ramen is like the "diet" version of these foods that insecure moms order.

I mean just look at picrelated. THAT's a noodle soup. Thick, hearty, meaty masterpiece right there. And that's just one kind of Chinese noodle soup amongst like a million others.

tonkotsu broth is richer than noodle soup from other countries in my experience

what is that long yellow thing?

Fried surimi I think.

The flavour of udon is often washed off with their soups, 1/10

But thickness 10/10

I prefer the chow fun noodle

I grab an udon
When I wanna get my food on

udon is boring, but ok when you want something light

thick porky tonkotsu ramen is the shit

Maybe, but soba is better than either of those.

beat me to it. this guy gets it.

Today's dinner
Supermarket side dishes
Wild vegetable rice and dumplings

I don't understand how people can eat that much chili pepper in a bowl. It just looks unpleasant to me. I'm not even opposed to spicy food, I just feel like that is excess.

My nigga

>thick porky tonkotsu ramen is the shit
This right here. Pic related isn't mine but I had the same when I was in Japan a few weeks back at Ichiran Ramen. Hands down the best noodle related dish I ever had. I went with medium flavor, rich, 10 spice strength, and firm noodle texture if anyone is curious.

isn't this an udon thread?

I consider going back to hong kong just to eat more of this

no

Eh, I prefer soba or harusame.