Al/ck/ General

This thread is for alcoholics. You don't want our advice. Please stay away from booze if you start to feel you can't control it.

Thank you.

diarrhea..tell me how you combat it

When it's 540 am, your still awake, you've had 15 beers at least and have jerked off 4 times tonight

eat some kind of probiotic (like yoghurt or kimchi or whatever you like) to help rebuild/maintain your gut flora

eat leafy greens for fiber

How would you guys compare yourself to other illnesses/diseases? Multiple ones are fine.

Not even kidding, I use heroin to stop diarrhoea. Only damn thing that works.

Wut

Fucking hungover for work again. I stopped smoking weed and started drinking heavily. I’m going back to one large glass of wine a day. In the meantime I am going to see a shrink to get on Prozac.

Not a hard concept to comprehend, I'm afraid. I'm speaking as someone whose been at it for 13 years now what you feel like symptoms you've developed.

Wut

good ideas. hope they stick.

Its funny that the reason i started to stop was not money. It was not health. It was cus i was getting fat. Knowing its a temporary thing.

Is it ok to mix brandy and coke?

have some canned soup to get your electrolyte levels back up

i've tried, not enjoyable its better straight, the brandy is to sweet to combat the overpowering taste of cola

I just tried some, eh it's ok. I'd rather have it with ginger ale, but I don't have any of that atm just ginger beer.

Stop shitting yourselves.

I never have, although I did once piss the bed after a tonne of Valium and vodka

Well, gonna go see a psychologist next week. I've been going to meetings but I never meet anyone and I just feel left out there.

Keep falling off the wagon. I have a gf and a good job but it's becoming increasingly difficult to maintain with the drinking. Tapered off yesterday and I'm staying sober for the rest of the week.

I just can't seem to make it past Friday. I get so bored.

Try to clean, cook, get a dog so you can walk it, and whatever you do, don't listen to the voice in your head that tells you a few drinks can't do no harm. Overpower it with a voice inside that convinces you what you should do.

Have a doggo that I love. He lays in bed with me every night and I try to take him places. I just can't stand the self talk that I seem to do sober. I'm just constantly worrying about everything. Boozing shuts that up while drunk, and when WDing you're too focused on just pulling your shit together to worry about existential drama.

You're right though. I work from home and even when not drinking i can't seem to get out of bed a lot of days.

I drink like a fish and I have never pissed the bed, I don't get how this happens to you guys all the time, Are you drinking beer?

Some people lose all control and i always thought their drunk self was just such a douchebag he wouldn't mind pissing himself, knowing his sober self would have the guilt. The drunk self wouldn't give a shit.

honestly a few beers would be fine

can't seem to do just 2 beers. No point in it anyways.

immodium is pretty good.

flawless plan, what could go wrong?

t. day 4 cold turkey heroin WD (pic not mine)

Heroin cold turkey isn't shit if I'm just chipping the stuff for a few days. I went cold turkey after 5 years of codeine - still easier than booze. Not nice, but without a psychological addiction, I didn't find it particularly difficult. Less unpleasant than an MDMA comedown.

How do you like those razorblades in your gut.

Poppy seed tea

so much constipation from the opiates that you can't shit at all

>get drunk
>let my dog out to go potty
>pass out
>wake up an hour later
>she's asleep on the front porch waiting for me

Jesus christ bros, this is the last straw. I feel like the biggest piece of shit on the planet. This can't continue

If it was very cold out or the dog is somehow dependent on being indoors, then yes: that can't continue.

Man, went to AA today. Maybe it's just me but I hate all the bloviating. Knock gonna trash however somebody manages to stay sober, but all the little sayings and colloquialisms drive me crazy. Didn't buy a beer to calm my nerves on the ride home though.

Just ate some pho, sprite and an egg roll. gonna take my dog on a walk and maybe go for a run later if I can bare it.

AA blows, can't take it

Nice work user.
I recently managed 10 days dry which is a record for me for the last decade.
My neighbor downstairs saw I was on the wagon so he offers me a nice bottle of whiskey. I refused but got it on my mind so the next day I bought 2 bottles of wine. That was 6 days ago and now I’m up to 5 bottles a day. 6 was my former usual day.
Strongly thinking of trying AA. Sounds tough though, talking about your addiction. I want to hide from it. I hope I get into financial trouble ASAP so I can try again and actually quit for good.
My ten day break saw my shits almost return to normal, even. Now they are this watery mess again. :/

AA is basically a cult of people who try to one-up each other talking about their past benders, it's unbearable

>Sounds tough though, talking about your addiction. I want to hide from it

I'd recommend a therapist or addiction counselor before AA. It's a lot more comfortable, and a much safer place to get to the root of your issues

>My neighbor downstairs saw I was on the wagon so he offers me a nice bottle of whiskey.
what the fuck

>Sounds tough though, talking about your addiction. I want to hide from it.
I have no problem talking about it in meetings and I'm introverted as hell. What sucks is getting a sponsor/actually working the program.

Being partial to alcohol (however don't drink in the morning, don't drink when i have things to do, don't find myself unable to stop) I sometimes wonder if having gout has been a blessing in disguise... any time i'm having a period of particularly unhealthy drinking frequency/volume my body will punish me with weeks of agony making me swear to change my ways

If you need a cult of 40yo men talking about god and dicksizing their last benders to tell you not to drink, You are very feeble minded.

I know I'm not supposed to drink, But I want to do it. If i wanted to quit I don't need a group of faggots to call me 80 times a day and chainsmoke with to quit.

Unfortunately they are not cheap here. Fully worth it though.
Yeah he knew what he was doing. Made me a bit annoyed though bc I thought we were friends and he is a reformed alco himself.
It’s not that I’m introverted, quite the opposite, it’s just that I’m going to have an itch to drink if I talk about drinking. That’s the way I see it anyways.

Gout sounds fucking horrid.
How old are you user? I’m pushing 40, never had it but been an alco since late teens and super alco since late 20’s.
Also getting fat from it.
I have diabetes from it too, but never gout.
I wonder when it’ll be my turn.
(5:36am here and typing on the toilet. This is my third runny shit since 2am)

>Unfortunately they are not cheap here

Where are you at? In the US a lot of insurances cover counseling, I just have a 10 dollar copay for mine, I just had to be a little more picky with who I went with since only certain ones were covered

Seems like you self-medicate with the alcohol, to shut down other issues, am I wrong?
Self talk is normal when you are stressed out, don't think you are crazy for worrying about stuff, it shows you are looking for a solution. Use whatever it takes to set small short term goals, so you can feel your going in the right direction, you have to get "addicted" to achieving short term goals, and they will add-up.

Australia here. No private health cover bc it’d be too expensive with the state of my liver and diabetes.
I can get 4 free sessions with a shrink but the ones who take on that govt assisted work must be pretty bad at what they do if that’s the best gig they can find.

I've met some cool people, but they're the ones that don't go on these fucking rants the whole time. The support group aspect was nice, especially meeting with some dudes after the meetings and just joking/talking about shit. It was nice to have someone who knew what you were going through and was supportive.

Yea it's essentially self medication. Idk i remember people would talk about how the "first time they got drunk it was like everything was bright and beautiful for once". That wasn't my experience, it just made things more tolerable.

I specifically thinking at 19 that if my life or anxiety just went to shit, there was always the bottle to turn to. Life is going okay on paper I suppose, but I really started hitting it and it appears the wheels have fallen off of my solution.

Yeah bro that’s pretty low. Imagine if it got hit by a car, kidnapped or injured some other way. Get some help man. I think Prozac can help.

29, barely overweight with a bmi of 26, got a buddy one year older than me who also has gout but he puts away twice as much beer as me in a sitting easily... just got shit blood-acid genes or low purine metabolising

it's not a given that you'll get gout! it's basically just a small percentage of the population (few percent) who is predisposed and it comes out in fellas who like their beer enough to trigger an attack

I know beer is bad for it. Maybe try wine?
I feel for you user, it truly does sound like hell.

Give Prozac to dog so you can drink in peace?
Nice.

I have tried wine and don't seem to get any negative effects from it... I just fucking love beer alright! whenever i get a day off all i want is a sixer and a half of cool, crisp, effervescent, malty tall boys - and drink myself good and sloshed while playing the vidya. I can get away with this! but If i do it too often then it's straight to gout town... intense throbbing pain that won't relent, painkillers make it worse, finally get to start using crutches and then a month later basically back to normal

I’m such an alchey that I just buy cheapest wine (waaaay cheaper than beer) and drink that like water all day long.
Then nights I just wait for bottle shop to open next morning.
You sound like (other than the gout) you have your life a lot more under control.

Fiber and probiotics. Kefir is good or beer kvass which also is good for the liver.

>Wut?

>drinking liquid food to combat diarrhea

I'm sitting here at work with a decent buzz going and all I can think of is going home and getting to my neighborhood bar to meet up with the regulars. I wish I lived at that bar.

think the gout is keeping me in check, scares me enough to be fairly careful... if i had free reign i would probably be out like £400 a month on beer, putting on weight, drinking every day etc

I like when a thread is more about support than drinking. Coming up on a year sober after almost a decade of daily drinking. Feels good.

Fucking kindling ruining my life.

Drank Friday to Monday. Today I feel like I drank for 2 weeks straight. I even had a few days off last week.

Fuck I meant beet kvass

Meetings aren’t for everyone. I use this as my AA.

Two beers isn’t going to get you fucked up and drown the voices. Best to not have any and face those voices sober.

Congrats user.
What helped you to day ten?
One month?
6 months?
I envy you heaps.

The first two weeks I did a full body cleanse from Whole Foods. It was essentially just fiber, milk thistle, and laxatives but it got me to the two week mark. I originally intended on drinking after the cleanse, but I felt dam good so I said I’ll drink the next weekend. Next weekend rolled around and I was still feeling good so I said next weekend again. This kept happening so instead of saying next weekend I started saying when I felt like it I would start drinking but I kept loosing weight and feeling good. All of the sudden I was sober for over four months and I just decided to keep the streak going. There were definitely times when I wanted to drink, but I recognized the urge and it passed. I got really into eating healthy which not only helped me loose weight, but also just distracted me from drinking. You can do it too just start with one day sober and go from there.

Inspiring post, thank you friend

Benzo WD is the worst. I still have symptoms over a GODDAMN YEAR LATER

I just quit drinking worried about PAWS. Don't wanna feel like shit forever.

Umm bro I have had at least 1 alcoholic beverage per day for two years. Most days I only have 2-4 but I’m sure doing that every day is much worse than drinking 10-20 once or twice a week.

paws is a myth, feeling like shit is what made you an alcoholic to not feel that, youre gonna go back to feeling that way, not worse than when you started

>paws is a myth

What? binge drinking is definitively proven as worse than consistent moderate alcohol consumption... doctors recommend an upper limit of 2 drinks per day for the rest of your life, they STRONGLY recommend against not drinking all week then overwhelming your body with a dozen drinks on friday night, every week - even if it's the same amount of alcohol.

I think that's pretty rare with booze. I had a retarded doctor who prescribed me lorazapams (90 a month) for several years. I was a retard for not stopping them myself early on but I was truly hopelessly addicted. My pharmacist abruptly cut me off (saved my life) and I was able to get a small script of Valium to taper to prevent a seizure death. Still am suffering 13 months later, though it's a hell of a lot better than it used to be.

The worst is premature ejaculation from it. I could fuck fine before, and while I was taking the meds I was perfectly capable, but ever since I stopped I fucking touch my dick while jerking off or fucking and I'm done. It's horrible and nothing i have tried can fix it.

Does anyone have a darknet market url which is trusted atm? I'm gagging for just a couple of grams of weed, I'm on the damn verge of relapse about ten times a day because I just can fucking not sleep.

it's been whinged about by a bunch of wino scum but has no scientific backing, pure anecdotes... of course you feel like shit when you stop drinking thats why you started fucking drinking, to not feel that way... feels worse after months or years of numbing it

It's not like that at all. It's something different. You not experiencing it after stopping your 2 pints of beer a week for a month doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

Thank you for listening. Positive reinforcement goes a long way.

How do I sleep better at night without crushing a 12 pack everyday?

So it’s better to have 4 drinks per day Sunday thru Thursday and then have 10 drinks Friday and Saturday than it would be to have no drinks all week and 10 drinks Friday and Saturday. Not sure that makes sense.

He's right though. 4 drinks aday and your body sort of just adjust to that level. Your liver can handle it. Binging puts a ton of stress on your body both from the drinking itself and the rebound of recovery.

You're right to say PAWS lacks scientific backing, but absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. I certainly didn't start drinking the way I do now because of anhedonia, sleep disturbances, memory issues, or other PAWS symptoms I have experienced. I do think people sometimes mistake reality for PAWS, though.

Exercise before late evening honestly helps me more than anything.

That is neither what he said nor implied.

>I just can fucking not sleep
try benadryl maybe (dph)
if you're going for a generic version make sure you get one without any acetaminophen

How does it feel to have both alcohol withdrawl and opioid withdrawl at the same time?

REALLY fucking cranky today
thanks for reading my blog

Lmao

Did another 3 day bender Fri, Sat, Sun and I just slept for pretty much the last 48 hours straight. I feel like I time travelled

You’re actually not sleeping well when you drink beforehand. Alcohol doesn’t allow your body to reach all phases of the REM cycle so you may think you’re getting a solid sleep, but you’re not. Drink a ton of water, take some Benadryl, and just close your eyes. Once you get a few nights of non alcohol induced sleep you’ll feel the difference.

iktf my dude.

Had last friday off and was trying to stay sober. Went to lunch in the bougie part of town. All these empty as fuck thotties and winemoms blocking every sidewalk and bitching about everything.

Okay i don't understand myself. Coming off of a 4 day bender, feeling pretty shitty today. Jumpy, tense, just typic mild WD shit.

Went and ran 3 miles faster than i normally ever do and with more ease. Is it all the excess adrenaline? How does this happen?

Your body gets a slight testosterone boost after alcohol consumption. It’s possible the bender caused the t boost to happen, but it won’t continue like that.

Just kys. I quit suboxone cold turkey and was alcohol dependent at the same time. Granted I diddnt experience full alcohol wd then but man when I needed a drink I was totally disfunctional. I have no idea how I even managed to get liquor. That was a month of blurry hell I never wish to return to.

>every day I wake up feeling like shit
>every day I tell myself I wont drink
>then that time comes around and I'm totally powerless to resist the urge
16 days in a row now. I had one day off at least... After 46 days of drinking before that

Smoke some weed instead.

I can't. My lungs are totally fucked after living in a mouldy house for years.

Vape some weed instead. Take some edibles. Make it into a fucking tea if you want.

I JUST WANT TO BE FREE OF ADDICTION

Where there's a will there's a way

>16 days

Dude, before I went to see some people about it and made it as far as going 3 days over the course of a week sober there hadn't been a single day in 10 years that I didn't drink.

You can free yourself all at once or do it step by step. If you can’t do a full stop on the alcohol then use weed to get some alcohol free time.

I did eight years daily before stopping. Do you have any health problems from alcohol?