Just a glass of water please

>just a glass of water please
why do people do this

They want a glass of water.

Their body requires hydration.

At a restaurant? Either to spend a little less or not drink sugary sodas. It's not like it's a big deal if people order a water.

>drinking fizzy pop soda water

Poverty.

Without water they would die

People choose not to drink alcohol for all sorts of reasons. Are you stupid or something?

because water is necessary to live and it is something that you can't survive without.

It's all the body needs.

Americans might not be able to relate from all the soda and beers at a young age, but a glass of cold water is the perfect thirst quencher. Seriously, if you're thirsty for some water, nothing can satisfy that thirst

>Ordered a glass of water on my date with my GF and the waiter gives me a condescending "Just a glass of water? Mmmmmokay"

I would of made a scene to assert dominance

Test

>would of
What would you have done exactly, throw your crayons at the waitress?

Drinking anything else just shows how much of a child or drug addict you are, kid.

>would of

It is, "would've," as in, "would have," you cretin.

You'll understand when you're 18.

We don’t give a about grammar here you reddit faggot

Next time I’ll put my dick in you’re asshole then these reddit fags can go back to there board and fuck themselves in they’re assholes. I know your gay though.

Sure thing, kid.

Speak for yourself, dum dum.

I like to chew my calories.

The only sure thing is your mother after a cheap steak dinner. It’s too bad your dad didn’t pull out.

Not everyone is a fatty like you

I think you're trying to reinforce an antique American prejudice about how only the poorest of the poor would drink "just plain water". My mother and her father grew up poor and had this prejudice. To this day my mother won't drink water. She'll have a cup of tea or mix a little instant lemonade powder into a glass of water, but never just drink it plain. This is still a thing among poor people, even though my father was successful (he has no problem drinking water) and those who were raised poor.

Water is free and soda costs like $2 plus refills

Because not all of us are morbidly obese diabetics who drink soda every day, and not all of us are alcoholics who can't eat a goddamn sandwich without ordering a beer too.

>amerimutts are unironically completely incapable of understanding the concept of drinking water

Sure thing, kid.

Drinking only water is uncapitalistic. You are taking the very food out of people's mouths with the reduction of jobs when you drink water only.

it's not just water vs sugary soda, you could have a coffee, tea, wine, beer, aperitif, some kinda juice etc... water should be a hydrating tasteless side to whatever actual beverage you're having

>coffee, tea
Not refreshing on a hot day
>wine, beer, apertif
I'm not a fucking alcoholic who can't spend a lunch break without beer.
>juice
Sugary shit almost as bad as soda.

I gave up caffeine and sugar

>water should be a hydrating tasteless side to whatever actual beverage you're having
This is the case if you're having wine. Otherwise it's just poorfags feeling like they have to order a beverage other than water to prove they're not poor, because people always ignorantly ape what they see the rich doing. The rich had both water and wine glasses on their tables. The poor don't drink wine, so they might have water alongside milk, juice, soda or coffee/tea.

Because I like water and don't want to have a soda or tea.
If it's breakfast I might have a coffee.
I only ever drink alcohol at dinner.
Any waiter pushing a drink on you is just trying to get a higher tip because most people tip as a percentage of their bill and beverages are almost always marked up a ton.

>Americans don't drink water

explain why someone drinking water is worth getting upset over

not everyone is a soda-guzzling manbaby
but there is no excuse to not order sparkling mineral water, preferably san pelligrino

>recovering alcoholic so no booze
>not a fat manchild so no soda
>restaurant tea is always disgusting
Leaves it to either water or coffee, if I want a cold drink I get water

This prejudice:
>there is no excuse to not order sparkling mineral water
The idea that not ordering some kind of special beverage makes you some kind of cheapskate. It's also tied into antique ideas about hospitality, where offering a guest water showed you we're dirt poor and couldn't even afford iced tea, beer or a sweet drink.

EVERY
SINGLE
TIME

excuse me for wanting to live

i enjoy drinking water

Because it helps me not die.
I'm a 2/3 drink dinner kinda guy. That initial glass of water guarantees I drive safely.

cuz it's free my dude

>just a glass of water please
Why do Americans drink water?

>Buying 3 drinks at a restaurant.
Retard, wait till you get home then slam a few double shots.

>Non Americans are too stupid to drink water.
And they call us stupid. Fucking kek.

>Not chugging a fifth of something and hopping in the car and speeding to your destination before your booze kicks in so you don't have to buy drinks while out

Fucking casuals I swear.

I am one of the few people that can do this but you have the average normalfag chug a fifth and they will be smashed instantly.

Because tap water is free

Water is the best cold, non-alcoholic drink. Perfectly understandable and reasonable for people to order a glass of water.

Why did you even bring up Americans? It had literally nothing to do with the subject.

I live in America and have known people who truly don't understand the concept of drinking water. I even had a couple of friends who lived solely off of drinking soda and they wondered why they felt and looked like shit all the time.

Soda is for children
I don't enjoy eating and drinking alcohol at the same time
Hot coffee/tea does not quench your thirst

Pic related is great substitute for water; refreshing, cold, no sweetness/overpowering flavour and rehydrates you in the same way but they don't sell these at reasonable prices outside of east asia

I don't know what kind of cunts you grew up around, but If i asked for water at someones house and they brought me soda/juice I'd politely decline regardless of their insecure tradition

I normally get water if the place doesn't offer free refills. Got sick of paying $2.95 plus tip plus tax for 8 oz. of beverage and a glass of ice.

Christ I'm so glad I don't have autism.

Matcha is my drink of choice. It reduces the risk of cancer, heart disease, alzheimer's, and makes you live ten years longer. Take the matcha pill and stop drinking the carbonated Jew.

They don't. That's one of the reasons why they're such obese retards

This is why we tip. Or not.

I'm T1 diabetic and I don't want to inject 2 units of insulin just to drink a sugary drink, and I also don't want to inject a unit of insulin just because some burnt out stoner forgot I asked for a diet XYZ instead of a normal XYZ. So water it is.

>people who have more than one drink at a time

I always order water at restaurants
1.) Restaurant food is salty
2.) Don't need all the extra calories/sugar from soda and beers
3.) It's free

I ain't paying 3 dollars for a drink that probably won't get refilled due to shit service

>refilled

The fuck kind of a drink would you expect to get refilled other than water or iced tea?

in the USA you get free refills on sodas and possibly lemonades as well

Im sorry that your third world shithole has dirty water you cant drink nor bathe in.

More likely to get a refill on soda than iced tea desu

>I'll have a beer/coffee/coke/OJ/sweet tea AND a water, thanks

Nice reading comprehension

Coffee and a water, please.

Always get this after a night of drinking.

I'm a recovering alcoholic and sodas are fucking revolting, so it's either water or sparkling water for me

>there are fucking manchildren faggots that don't like water

wtf, kysu

I had a soda yesterday after not drinking soda for several months. I felt fucking awful the rest of the day.

they get a bigger tip if you spend more money

Where do you think we are? We'll use everything we can to laugh at your expense

Try tea or lemonade

ordering sweet drinks is the reason you're skinnyfat, user

of course it did. This thread is quite possibly the most american thread in the history of Veeky Forums

The whole thread is a series of replies saying why they drink water instead of sugary stuff or alcohol, and you conclude we don't drink water? Obsess much?

My go to on Saturday mornings at waffle house. Only problem is that I drink like a fucking fish and they are not always fast on the water refill.

Someone said something on the internet it must be true. Holy shit you really are retarded aren't you

Well at least you don’t have autism

sorry that joke was for alzheimer’s

>coffee
caffeine
>tea
caffeine
>wine
alcohol
>beer
alcohol
>aperitif
alcohol
>juice
sugar

Not everyone is a drug addict

you are quite insane.

>Threads about actually cooking regularly die with less than ten posts
>Shitposts like this go strong for hours and sometimes days

Don't like it? Fuck off back to redit, crybaby. Waaaaah waaah fucking whiny baby shut the fuck up

>Shitposting is fine
>Pointing out blatant shitposting is not
You're doing a great job fitting in sweetheart.

Its cheap, the only non-water beverage I consume is tea.

No they don't I always tip $2. Regardless of the price of food, its not like they worked harder because I bought a pricier item.

Welcome to Veeky Forums. Enjoy your stay, every single board is this way, expect for [s4s].

this unironically

>thinks they fit in when they cry about board culture

Yeah nice one

water please.
>BILL: $0

lemonade please.
>BILL: $2.30

what the fuck. i can just buy a bottle of lemonshit for a $1 from the vending machine outside

if everyone were a cheapo like you, then how would restauranteurrrzz pay Schlomo the monthly rent shekels. mark-up, buddy.
when you go out, prepare to get your wallet open, or you might as well stay home. i dated a TGIF waitress who expressed that sentiment to me about cheap customers. keep in mind, that was about TGI fucking Fridays, one of the shittiest chains in the states. so imagine the inflated sense of worth at higher-end places. they expect you to basically dump cash on them simply for doing things like bring you drinks and cooked food. fuck that. i cook my own food and make my own cocktails now. the amount of joy and laughter i get from shitposting here outweighs the boring convos with normiesluts at bars. my 30's will be the exact opposite of my 20's...meaning, lots of alone time and frugality.

good post

It's the only drink that actually sates my thirst.