Spend ton of money on fast food every day

>spend ton of money on fast food every day
>this is killing me financially because I don't make a lot of money
>try making my own food
>takes way too long, often hour to prep and cook food then dishes after
>doesn't taste anywhere near as good as fast food
>worst part is that it isn't substantially cheaper
>know that I could probably figure out how cook better and how to shop smarter if I just keep trying and learn
>follow dozens of recipes but this doesn't actually teach you anything at all
>don't cook enough to make buying in bulk worth it and don't know enough to take advantage of it anyway

Why can't I figure out how to food

>Why can't I figure out how to food

Because you're a retard.

Use recipes from Budget Bytes. They break everything down by cost per serving.

What the hell? Buy the cheapest burger buns possible and the cheapest beef possible. Press the patties out as thinly as possible and freeze them. Salt them and griddle them. Then leave them under a hot lamp to dry with some american "cheese on them" before putting some subpar tomato, lettuce, and white onion on. Probably some cheap ketchup and mayo too.

There you go. Burger King and McD's.

You're a failure if you can't even make food taste better than fast food shit. I used to eat nothing but frozen meals and fast food until I learned to cook and realized that even mediocre real food is 100x better than fast food.

weak b8 m8

stop complaining. the only things that are easy in life are the things you practice, so if you only practice being a piece of shit all the time, everything seems hard.

fast food got them food scientists to put addictive combinations of sugar/salt/etc. just need to get used to real food

>follow dozens of recipes but this doesn't actually teach you anything at all
You're a fucking retard and you're beyond help.
Just order soylent powder and save yourself the fucking trouble, drink Jew gruel the rest of your life and you'll be fine.

That's literally the website I've been going to. The recipes aren't that cheap compared to fast food

I'm actually struggling to find meals with servings costing over $3. What kind of ass are you talking out of??

What if i'm not a 90 lb girl and I eat two servings fucko

I did the math for the southwest chicken skillet last time I made it. It's 270 calories per dollar spent. I can buy an entire pizza from papa johns and get more calories per dollar

Don't eat two servings /find carb heavy meals

Just get a wife and make her cook for you you little beta bitchboy

I'm crunching numbers on a handful of the chicken dishes and I'm getting between 400kcal-800kcal per dollar spent.

A bigmac has about 400-500kcal and costs $3 here in flyover everything-is-cheap-land

Then you're going to buy two servings of fastfood too, possibly more since they're rarely filling in an effort you have you buy more.

>I'm crunching numbers on a handful of the chicken dishes and I'm getting between 400kcal-800kcal per dollar spent.

I didn't use their numbers. I actually added up the cost at everything I bought from the grocery store divided by how much the recipe actually used.

>270 calories per dollar
That's pretty shit value per dollar. Ymmv but it's decent enough for a rough guideline

Despite buying the cheapest ingredients fast food is only marginally more expensive than cooking in my area. All the supermarkets around me even Walmart keep raising prices on the cheapest ingredients and fast food stays the same. I can either spend more on food or just go to McDonalds, Chick-fil-a or Taco Bell. Not a neet either just a number cruncher with too litle time between working two full time jobs to cook.

So you're not claiming that the recipe provides 270kcal per dollar spent
you're claiming that you got X calories for the ingredients you bought, including what you didn't use.
That's why you generally don't waste food, this isn't a new problem. At the end of the week I fry up all my leftovers into a hash, but I'm a climate change carbon nutjob.
So anyway I guess the lesson is to stop making it so difficult for yourself. Literally the majority of all humanity does it OK.

>including what you didn't use.
Did you actually read my post? I said the opposite. I didn't go buy the price of each packaged item, I went by the price of how much of that packaged item I used

>Ramen
nice

Add some vegetables to it for vitamins and shit and you're good to go. You don't want end up with malnutrition from only ever eating one thing.

poverty never tasted so good lmao

The ramen packets taste pretty bad to be honest, but with some vegetables and an egg it goes down. If you're feeling particularly poor just bake some bread.

Make some lentil soup and freeze it thou sodomite.

make a sandwich, you tard

Get a better job

budget bytes is solid

>>try making my own food
>>takes way too long, often hour to prep and cook food then dishes after
>>doesn't taste anywhere near as good as fast food
Learn how to cook you worthless faggot