When you make hot wings, do you use butter or just straight hot sauce?

When you make hot wings, do you use butter or just straight hot sauce?

Other urls found in this thread:

seriouseats.com/recipes/2015/01/hot-and-numbing-oven-fried-xian-chicken-wings-recipe.html
seriouseats.com/recipes/2011/01/wing-week-extra-crispy-thai-sweet-and-spicy-w.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

You use butter. Here is a tip:hot wing suck, don't bother. t. hotwing

I think buffalo sauce is disgusting, and based on experience most people would rather eat something else
I think people need to stop using it for the sake of "tradition" when the dish in fact exists because of fried up kitchen scraps

spicy bbq sauce, sure. But that butter/hotsauce blend is hideous

Stop eating birds

I don't waste my time with overpriced parts of chicken that yield little meat.

Then why bother posting in the thread?

To let you know that I don't appreciate you or what you're doing here. Chicken wings are the reddit of meat.

i warm up sauce and then emulsify cold better into it. usually with a whisk or if i'm making a batch, i use an immersion blender. it's thick and sticky and perfect.

i keep it traditional and use margarine

hot sauce + cornstarch + butter + pepper

Same user. lately I find myself enjoying traditional buffalo sauce less and less and lean more towards any other type of wing sauce offered by a place.

I usually go for straight hot sauce, mixed with some herbs and pepper or whatever. The spicier the better as far as I'm concerned so I don't like diluting it down

i love buffalo wings!

Hot sauce/butter/vinegar/garlic powder/onion powder/salt/pepper/chili pepper puree

Crystal hot sauce, butter, worcestershire. hoisin, and a touch of chili paste mah dudes

both

Thought those were dogs at first.

Franks red hot I put that sh*t on everything! LOL

so what's a good recipe for wings sauce

>the reddit of meat
Oh I get it now. It's because you're retarded.

Butter, habenero sauce, mango chutney. Makes a pretty tasty wing.

Lobster used to be considered garbage food for the poor

So did potatoes

If you don’t like buffalo wings you might be a cuck

>i love buffalo wings
>heres a recipe for not buffalo wings

buffalo sauce objectively tastes bad
its like beer, its one of those things you pretend you like so you fit in until you get stockholm syndrome

Thought that was fried chicken at first

>Objectively

I legitimately love buffalo sauce and bet, I always have since the first time I tried them. It might be hard to understand, but not everyone tastes things the same way

The literal original:
>hot sauce
>butter
>splash of vinegar

>implying franks isn't god tier
kys my dude

You seriously do not like the taste of beer? Sorry we cannot live up to your Mountain Dew Code Red pallet standards

Then get the fuck out of here with your shit pleb tastes and let us enjoy good food in peace ya prick

>Mountain Dew Code Red
thats the GOOD shit

>Code Red
>Not the superior Live Wire

I saw diet code red when I was visiting pittsburgh but I didn't buy it
I don't know why I didnt buy it either. Never saw it before or since

No that's steak

in china these are both the same thing

Buffalo sauce is literally the best wing sauce and the only reason I eat wings

i'm sure buffalo sauce can be good in theory
but why is it
SO
FUCKING
VINEGARY
i should not need to drench my wings in a gallon of bleu cheese/ranch just to neutralize the fucking battery acid these wings are tossed in. i'm 99% certain they're made this way by design and i haven't just happened to eat at every shitty wing place in the western half of america.

I get these really nice exclusive spicey BBQ wings already marinated for cooking at this butchery that has won awards for their wings.

Hotsauce is vinegar and Buffalo sauce is half hotsauce ya donut

Buffalo Sauce is the subway sandwich of wing sauce. Its never bad but pretty much every thing else is better.

Buffalo sauce can be really good if they are made right though, I honestly don't get why all the hate over a traditional wing sauce

worst post I've read all day

>hates buffalo sauce
>likes bbq sauce
imagine having taste this shit

"Spicey BBQ sauce" isn't legitimately bbq sauce and it tastes nothing like bbq sauce from the supermarket.

Louisiana hot sauce mixed in some melted butter is all you need

Buffalo hot sauce is very very good. I don't know why the butter makes it even better, but it does.

However, I really like this szechuan numbing dry rub I found. If anyone is interested I'll post the receipt.

Post recipe, not receipt

lol ok. here's the link
seriouseats.com/recipes/2015/01/hot-and-numbing-oven-fried-xian-chicken-wings-recipe.html

This is it, except instead of the oven, I double fry them. slow and low (like 200 F) until they're *just* done. they blast 'em at 400 until golden and crispy. Serious eats has a good sweet spicy Thai recipe too. I made these for the Superbowl and they were a big hit.

here's the Thai chili ones
seriouseats.com/recipes/2011/01/wing-week-extra-crispy-thai-sweet-and-spicy-w.html

This sounds good. I use Louisiana hot sauce, Irish butter, diced shallot, and a couple shaka shakas of Lea and Perrin's. I think I will try the asian route you listed next time.

Anyone got a good recipe for baked wings? I have a couple dozen brining now in salt and sugared water. Could use some ideas.