Blue soup

i made a soup with green lentils, leeks, and fennel
it tasted nice but it turned a weird blue
is their any reason why this would have happened? like chemical reaction or something
i cooked it in a cast iron dutch oven
also i'm not memeing bridget jones diary, i've never seen it but it's the only thing that came up when i tried to google blue soup

Add some starch to the liquid and you can make blue waffles.

Probably the cast iron did it OP

wot

Is that the dutch oven? It doesn't look cast iron. I can't imagine cast iron turning anything blue like that, anyway, but maybe. It's kinda neat though.

please, do elaborate on this marvellous theory ...

I could see some weird process with a copper pot turning it blue, but not iron.
OP is obviously just having a go.

the op pic is from bridget jones diary
i couldn't get a good picture of my soup
mine was less stark, but definitely blue tinged

please list all the ingredients you used

Oh. Well, less stark of a color, I would guess there would be something to do with the iron, but only if there was little to no seasoning, or the seasoning was so weak that enough of the seasoning itself dissolved into the soup to color it, which I would find odd as well. The only metals I have that are that reactive are carbon steel knives, and they're only that reactive when they have very little patina. If they have no patina, they are reactive enough to leave color on cut items that I would have thought fairly neutral, like potatoes and mushrooms. Heating up metal will make it more reactive, but that still shouldn't happen if there was a decent seasoning or patina.

iron is red metal, retard. copper is blue metal.

sounds like endosulfan, a pesticide

Garlic can turn blue when pickled. Maybe leeks contain the same chemical?
Very odd.

You have to commit if you're going to troll.

leeks, fennel bulb, green lentils, anise, ginger, salt pepper, avocado oil, lemon squeeze iirc

Some irons will react with certain substances to create black coloration. Diluted in other substances, I could easily see that black coloration turning to yellows, browns, greens, and blues. Perhaps if further oxidized (like if you had a starchy soup that turned blue, dehydrated it, and ground it up, then left it to air exposure) it would go more brown or orange.

Blue is good. If you ask me, there isn't enough blue food.

OP clearly added blue food coloring

Leeks are an allium like garlic. It is known that acids such as vinegar and lemon juice combined with the sulfur or something in garlic can turn it blue during cooking. Apparently this can also happen with leeks.

It was probably a blue rubberband on your veggies and you boiled it

no one saw that stuff around the leek? what colour was before you probably cooked a blue/green laces of cloth?

We saw it, but we also saw the rest of the thread.
Are you really this gullible?

This

hey i just wanted to say i barfed blue when i homebreweed some kilju
stay safe dude