It's an acquired taste

>It's an acquired taste

It's the polite way of explaining when amerifats can't appreciate a centuries old flavor.
I fucking hate Americans so much

Are you a literal child?

>implying its only Americans who do it
You fucking eurotrashmen are just jealous that we win international cheese competitions in a landslide, have the best wine, improve all your foods, and are ultimately better and stronger than you'll ever be

That's why you'll never be able to understand corn, something that's been around and eaten in the United States for centuries beginning with the Native Americans who colonized this great nation. That's longer than your irrelevant nation has been around.

Why are you asking questions you already know the answer to

OBSESSED

>defending raw fish on rice this much
That'll be $1,000 gaijin

Always wondered what a human rectum said on its time off.

>I fucking hate Americans so much

This is what every foriegner says when they get called out how bad their homeland food is does.

you mean you win american cheese competitions and call yourself world champions?
sure buddy, youre also the world champ at handegg

>I have the palette of a starving African child.
Good for you.

their phoneland hoob is does fun with pickles.

I'll bet your the type of mutt that eats a whole can of surstromming just yo puke and say it's bad for lols.
stick to burgers fatty, our foods are better than anything to come out of you garbage country.

>blue cheese is an acquired taste
Blue cheese tastes like bullshit

>the only way to eat surstromming is to put it on bread with mayo and covered in onion
>the kids still avoid it because it tastes like rotten fish
If you cover human shit in onions and called it a cultural delicacy, I bet there would be people that said they loved it and that people from other countries don't understand the rich unique flavors

>children that cant eat any kind of blue cheese
>absolute embryos that cant handle fermented foods
>sublime semen-puddles that cannot appreciate liquorice
>utter subhumans that only eat 99% milk chocolate because "the dark ones a bitter :'(((((("
"Acquired taste" is just peoples way of telling you that you're a bitch for disliking a food just because its got a strong flavour
Coffee used to be considered an acquired taste, before the average cuppa was 30% fat and sugar

This, pussies are so boring.

Nice try retard. It's held around the world, including England and Norway. Keep compensating though, fuckwad. You're just fuckmad that your country isn't diverse enough in people or biomes to afford such a rich food culture as America.

>It's an acquired taste
Literally translates to "it tastes like ass but we eat/drink it until we become accustomed to the assness in order to fit in because other people did the same before us."
Only thing stupider is when people try to act like you're being a child for not wanting to subject yourself to ass until you can tolerate it.

Was quoting you. Have no idea how the quote ended up on the other one.

Pussy.

>can't appreciate
It has to do with acquiring a taste for something through repeated consumption. Has nothing to do with you being better than people.
filthy europoor

t. pleb

Good example, pussy tastes terrible.

its fine to have some things you dislike in general, but people will taste a product one time and decide "nope never going near my lips again ever", its ridiculous.
>hate blue cheese for years
>visit grandma, pasta with gorgonzola for dinner
>absolutely delicious
>re-evaluate every food i thought i hated
>turns out it was mostly me being a bitch
only thing i struggle with is fish, unless its pickled.

This. Unless you only eat out a bitch clean from the shower, her snatch will taste like sweat and smell even worse

OBSESSED

Bitch better be douching it while she is showering.

>tastelet the post
Have fun eating the same two things your entire life I'll be over here eating anything I want
Like an apex predator should

ME NEED SALT
NO NOW ME NEED SAVORY
NO ME NEED MORE SWEET
ME NEED SWEET IN THIS BLACK LIQUID IT TOO BITTER
ME GO TO BURGER CAVE GET SALT AND SWEET

Acquired taste is almost always "well I like it so should you!".

I don't dump ghost pepper hot sauce on my friends meal and get mad when they dislike it

It's like the fags at bars trying to get people to drink their skunk craft beer. It's kind of like fighting. After you've been in a few fist fights, you get used to being hit and it gets easier every time. It's the same for shit like rotten fish and blue cheese. You force yourself to eat it while your body wretches, but each time you eat it it gets easier. You force your body to get used to it even if it knows what you're putting into it is rotten meat/cheese that should be thrown out.

You're talking to the midwestern tv dinner crowd. They don't eat spicy, they don't eat 'foreign' they don't eat anything outside of a 1950s tv dinner. They're simple people with meat and potatoes tastes. I have these simpletons in my own family.

>"Literally translates to "it tastes like ass but we eat/drink it until we become accustomed to the assness in order to fit in because other people did the same before us."
actually what it usually translates to is "It has some good taste and some ass taste, but if you eat it for awhile the ass part ceases to taste like ass and you can now appreciate the good part that was always there"

you don't have to try it if you don't want to but this child-tier attitude of "they must just be pretending to like it to be cool" reflects more on you than it does others.

Pretty much. I enjoy a wide variety of food and can understand you liking it, but using "it's an acquired taste" to sound high and mighty about what you are having is dumb.

Corn.

So your cuisine is based on torturing an ingredient rather than using it to make a proper meal?

Or I could just eat things that don't have any ass taste

Its funny that the children that will only eat salty and sweet will decry blue cheese till the cows come home, since most blue cheeses are salty as all fuck

I love liquorice but I'm allergic to it :c

>have the best wine
It's pretty good, but not the best

I think it's important to try everything and try to develop a pallet, but at the same time I think it's a process. You can't spring kimchi or snails on someone who thinks popcorn shrimp is exotic. You need to ease them in.

Which, I guess, is why they call it an acquired taste. You have to go out and get it for yourself.

yup. like i said, if you don't want try to broaden your tastes you're welcome not to.

>pallet

>what are tomatoes being tortured by the Italians
>what is soy being tortured by the Chinese
>what is fish being tortured by the Japanese

I've helped family members along. My mom was a dyed in the wool atlantic canada cuisine person. Peas, corn, potatoes, roast beef. Spice was a crime. Now I've got her eating Singapore noodles and piri piri chicken. People need diversity and love it if you don't force it down their throats.

Those are ingredients used to make meals. We don't slob a tomato in butter and eat it, you deserve to get recolonized

You slob a piece of bread with tomato paste and then eat it, though. Isn't that just as bad?

who doesn't type pallet when they mean palate. Cmon man, no autism here, pls.

I'm on my phone and I'm drinking. Cut me some slack?

Corn is more a Mexican thing. It's only popular in the US because of the government subsidies. It's not a key component in their cuisine.

not the dude you're replying to but do you actually know how to pasta mate?

>People need diversity.

Big disagree. But mostly on the racial/cultural front, not the taste front.

>he doesn't know what pizza is

I don't eat anything sweet. I cut out all sugar years ago. Nice strawman though. There are infinite options out there that don't taste like shit. Hundreds of types of cheeses that aren't moldy. You should look up Gavin Webber, an Aussy cheese maker. I've made a few cheeses from his videos and they were amazing.
Read above. Just because I don't eat rotten meat or moldy cheese doesn't mean I don't eat a lot of exotic foods. If something makes you almost throw up when you put it in your mouth, that's a very good sign your body doesn't want it in you. In fact that is the sign that your body is rejecting it. Why would I force something like that into my body on the off chance that after eating it for a while it MIGHT taste palatable?

reductio ad absurdum does no one any good.

All cultures use toasts as a way of carrying food to your mouth if you hadn't noticed it's usually cut to do that. Wait, I think I've got it, you guys like corn on the nob because if reminds you of uncle tom when you were 6? Slobbering all over a big oily yellow phallus?

don't get near uni.

Is that what you think about when slurping up all that pasta?

I'm baffled by this thread

Surely this is an american thing right?

Acquired taste is real

For example children rarely eat ceviche and other unbread fish... but glaldy would eat this when they are older.

I think he's talking about toast
No

>Nice strawman though

>Just because I don't eat rotten meat or moldy cheese
good to see you're against strawmen.
>on the off chance that after eating it for a while it MIGHT taste palatable?
because, the subject at hand is acquired tastes. there are some stupid outliers but most things described as acquired tastes aren't globs of rotting shit they're just foods with very strong/bitter/whatever tastes, and are KNOWN as acquired tastes because despite that, it turns out they generally have lots of people who like them after giving them a decent chance.

if you'd rather stick to nothing but foods that immediately agree with you then go nuts. do that. but like i said, it's ridiculous to act as if anyone who does enjoy an acquired taste is cramming rotting poison into their mouths just to fit in or whatever other meme reason. shit, alot of the so-called exotic foods you like are probably referred to as acquired ones themselves

Well I'm going to have to ask you to go fuck yourself then.

This is obvious American, bait, or both.

Remember your first beer (real beer, not green piss), guys? I bet most of you didn't even like it and drank it only to get a buzz or pretend to be cool

No

>I JUST WANT MY BACON DOUBLE CHEESEBURGERS AND FRENCH FRIES! GO AWAY!

Don't forget your cinnabun!

Usually associated with strong-tasting things. As I've gotten older my beer gets more bitter and my hot sauce hotter.

>tfw euro-rage is half the content of this board but it's become so florid you've stopped caring

>It's an acquired taste
*adult

Truth.

The post that pushed back the Huns

Shut the fuck up you retard

>amerifats
>yurocucks

Is it worth it to get used to the taste of beers that taste similar to ones like budlight? They taste like carbonated pee

one day you'll grow enough to understand user

Tell me one corn based American staple, other than "and corn" in your fucking diet? It's crawdads and 'corn', beef, potatoes peas and 'corn'.

It's an addon food you dull bastards eat because of corn ethanol subsidies. You don't even seem to know your own culture. Jesus wept.

Cornbread.

That's the one. Good work. And that was born back in the day.

corn tortillas

grits

mexican. sorry.

oh that white shit. you're right. I think you guys have established a corn based culture.

Well done. Still, just boring awful food, but you're probably 2 points in.

Obviously coca cola.

corn flakes

Actually, that's checkmate. Could have been sugar cane, but it is NOT.

Well done. Corn is America, America is corn. Yay fructose.

bourbon whisky

LA CREATURA

popcorn

creamed corn

battered sausage

I've been watching my niece try new foods for the past year. It's really fascinating. A while ago I saw her try vanilla ice cream for the first time. Instant hit. Then I watched her try chocolate cake. Her brows furrowed and her chewing slowed down. She had to think about that one. Then she went back and had a couple more bites. The sweet part she had covered, but the chocolaty part was new. I was watching her slowly acquire the taste for it.

I think everything beyond milk is an acquired taste.

>mexicans using corn tortilla
KILL yourself yurocuck

How the fuck do people not like blue cheese? It's so satisfying. Is it literally just "eww gross fungus" or what

Liver was an acquired taste for me. I only started eating it because apparently it's very healthy and it's cheap as fuck. Now I kinda like it.

>It's not a key component in their cuisine.
HFCS would like to have a word with you.

>it's an aquired fetish

a juicey twist on a centuries old taste

wow you got fucking nuked fatboy

my god, so obsessed
why don't you just move here so you can study us all day?

Shadilay

>immigrate to a country were people openly defacate in grocery stores
Nah.