Is Japanese cuisine the best cuisine?

Is Japanese cuisine the best cuisine?

> 300 dollars for raw fish and rice

No, japanese food is pretty bland by itself. If you go over to japan you'll understand how little meat there is, oil, sauces and sugars used to mask the lack of flavor, and how expensive shit is.

That said I do enjoy some japanese food but a lot of it is meh.

>all sushi costs 300 bucks
Sup flyover

No, gourmet French is.

Depends, are we talking "authentic japanese food", or "american styled japanese food". Huge difference

Japanese cuisine is not the best overall, but I would say it is the best as presenting food with minimal alteration.
Freshness, wildness, and other simplistic factors play a major part in the appeal of Japanese cuisine, and I would say that it conveys that better than any other food culture.

Katsudon is my favorite meal.

Hungarian-styled Japanese food.

It's good once in a while, but the flavors are pretty underwhelming.

Pretty much this. Being in japan for +1 month and you really begin to wish there was more variety to the food than there is in most things. I now know why japanese constantly love sweets at least.

its my favorite thing to eat and I have it almost daily
of all the ethnic foods it's the one I eat the most

I think I eat it so much because its generally pretty healthy though, but I also enjoy it a lot

>I think I eat it so much because its generally pretty healthy though

You're eating mostly carbs, how is the pretty healthy?

carbohydrates are good for you, it's what the majority of your diet should be made of

No; Indonesian is.

>Fork over the money, gaijin san. This normar price of traditional Japanese sushi! Would I rie?

Enjoy your intestinal parasites.

A balanced diet is the best out there. Stuffing yourself with 80% carbs daily just allows you to go on about life, has nothing to do with health.

It's the UK of Asia. Shitty bland food

They're called desserts, or pastries. Sweets is a retarded word

They're fucking garbage too. Only Japan could fuck up desserts to the point that they're borderline tasteless. I'd blame their shit tier dairy, but even if they had good milk and butter, they'd still manage to find a way to turn it into an unsweetened blob of trash.

actual japan food is pretty nice (not the modern western fast food stuff)

but the general lack of spicy stuff is a big minus

I never know what to do with those giant piles of shredded daikon.

Best looking maybe

Japanese food? OH BOY!! I NEED EXTRA SERVINGS OF SOY SAUCE

This shit is so fucking comfy; I miss food pics guy. What's on the end of the skewer in the middle?

soyboy: the cuisine

Christ this meme is embarrassing.

Yeah the best cuisine for posting on instagram and your snapchat story to show every one of your fake friends how "cultured" you are

Looks like a scallop (with the skirt on).

Face it, the Japs have the masculinity of puppy dogs and it's because they eat this soyfood. That's why hipsters love it so much.

Lol you're everywhere

>Sweets is a retarded word
This is the intellectual level Veeky Forums functions at now.
Peak stupidity has been reached.

it all makes sense now

What about candy or sugary drinks like bubble tea? They can't really be called either a dessert or a pastry. 'Sweets' encompasses all primarily sweet things in a simple way.

Only babies eat that stuff, you need to be +18 to post here.

An Daifuku is delicious, what are you talking about?

Of course, a weeb has to defend the Japanese honor.

Not even close. Stayed in Japan for two months.
Although the Nips are excellent for enjoying fish in thousands of ways. But other than that, yes it’s a very interesting cuisine, but no, it’s not the best because it’s doesn’t have an universal appeal (Japanese food doesn’t have that much of variety and many people can be turned off by its specificities) and its impact and influence in the world are nowhere near as traditional French cuisine.

If you take in caloric intake then yes.
For full flavour bomb then no, but damn they have good food. (Lived there almost 10 years.

t. mad soi child

Sweets is a word for retarded kids. Like you, evidentially

>Gonna drink some sweets
Good grief...

Would you cluster foods together as salts or sours? He has a point
Not so fast, Chairman Mao

Post more meat

Gyudon is fucking great. Had lots of these when I was visiting Japan.

>literally boiled beef and onions

dashi poached you swine

>boiling beef in fish piss makes it better

You know you look like an idiot and nobody takes you seriously when someone corrects you and you still insist on saying, "hurr boiled meat", right?

>He enjoys fish piss boiled slivers of shit tier beef and onions

>people who don't spam shitty /tv/ memes and know prices of certain foods are everywhere
I guess

This ain't me but most recipes say to bring to boil (or simmer, which is more than poaching) and add onions and beef. Stop being such a fucking weeb.

westernized japanese cuisine (katsu/teriyaki/jap curry) is great

Oh "most recipes" huh? Well I did a quick google and most of the recipes say to stir fry the meat in a highly flavorful and somewhat liquid-y sauce, which is far from just boiling it. So please stop shaming people for enjoying food just because it makes you unhappy that they are happy

t. 1980s USDA

t. 2010s /pol/tard

>bukkake
tee hee

pork

>basic ingredients are LITERALLY just soy sauce, mirin, sesame seeds, sugar and sometimes sake
>apply this to assorted vegetables, mushrooms and meat along with rice and call it different names
>world class
Yeah nah

It's good, but regional variety is what makes it great and you need to go on a country-wide trip for that.

Osaka burger

Problem with anything meat in Japan is you get a tiny amount of it and it's usually a shitty cut. Famous meat hot pot lost all appeal to me when I realize you can barely taste the meat.

No. It's immensely overrated, and sells itself as "subtle" when it's genuinely just flavorless most of the time.

they have some weird dishes like plain udon with literally nothing else and people actually order that. it would be like ordering just boiled spaghetti or something.

I know no one on Veeky Forums cares about food. That's a given. That said I'm going to seriouspost anywhere on the 1% chance someone wants to actually talk and not just shitpost.

Japanese food might have its fair share of flaws, but it's hard to argue that it wasn't Japanese influence that created modern Western fine dining. Think about a 50s fine French meal: there's amazing technique on display, but there's no balance, seasonality is an afterthought, the chef's ego stands in the way of humbly presenting beautiful ingredients with minimal distractions. The Japanese influence on Noevelle cuisine allowed European chefs to set aside those unfortunate trends and embrace the totality of the food experience, not just the PRACTICING THE CRAFT of FINE DINING to the expense of actually making a tasty, balanced meal.

To boot, I think the grace and economy of Japanese food is incredible. I challenge any of you to think of a broth that can be made as quickly as dashi that has a fraction of the flavor. I challenge any of you to think of a discipline of butchery more demanding than preparing sushi (HURR DURR JUST CUT THE FISH XD fucking retards kill yourselves). I challenge any of you to name a frying technique more decadent and balanced than tempura.

Fucking nerds get off my board

>Indonesian

Most of it is a mix mash between Chinese, Filipino, and Malaysian influences.

Because noodles are really the appeal.

if there are ten people , there is nothing that all of ten say delicious.
people in sealess country, city doesn like raw fish. its no problem to me

>look at how retarded I am
>a mix of Malaysian
>implying malay and indon is any different
Malay/Indonesian is inarguably the most underrated and underrepresented cuisine along with Korean, Filipino and Ethiopian cuisines

>cut up fish in a fancy way and add plain rice
>sell for 20 bucks
dumb gaijin

The best dish in the world for a person is the dish familiar with that person as a child.
I think that it is the same in the whole world.
I am Japanese, so Japanese food is the best dish to the world for me.
But for young Japanese, hamburgers and Italian may be more familiar than Japanese.

While watching history drama, I drink sake.
Relishes are Yakitori.
That is one of the enjoyment of the Japanese.
People from all countries have their own enjoyment.

That picture was taken by me.
But I posted here is not mine. That is reprinted.
Delivery Shidashi - Bento is usually cool.
However, this box lunch is provided warmed with lime-based heating agent.
The picture of >> 10215444 is its heating agent.

Before the skewers there are long onions and scallops.
If you criticize cooking, you should present that grounds.
Unfounded abusive phrases will lower your value for those who see it.

But this Shidashi-Bento is not very good.
Really good Shidashi - Bento is delicious, even if it is cold.

>The best dish in the world for a person is the dish familiar with that person as a child.
based

Are you Japanese, user?

Meat-free lunch boxed me when I helped the temple.
The box is real Japanese lacquered.
Konnyaku. carrot. Shiitake mushroom. Koya-tofu. Sayaoji. lotus root. bamboo shoots. Ganmodoki. Taro. greens. And pure white rice.
It is at the root of the memory of the Japanese, but very cozy dish.

yes.

So cool. Do you have Facebook or Skype or WhatsApp?
We could talk about Japanese cuisine and anime and other cool stuff! I know loads about 日本 (Nikon)!
Maybe we could exchange snacks from our countries as well?
友達になろう ;)

A study love association of Japanese animation movie "The Last Unicorn" made with American capital was established. I am there.
The party has just been born. But it will spread to the world from now on.
"The Last Unicorn" is a bridge connecting Western European culture with Japanese culture.
I was called 100 bowls. I also have named Sazen.
I was studying the camera of Czechoslovakia.
Sometimes I will take a picture of the dish using the Czechoslovakia lens.

Now I really want to get this sake. But I only found it from taiwanese online stores :(

What's your Skype username?
I'd love to have an actual real Japanese friend.
My friends would be so jealous.

Don't lie, user; you don't have any friends.

Well I do actually, they're all weeaboos (I'm a serious scholar of Japanese culture) but we get on.

There's no need to deceive people on an anonymous forum, user.

It is in Japan.

Of course, user.
That's a given.

Have you been to Japan?

I doubt it. Oranges are very rare there.

Debate solved

dipshit doesn't know what a mikan is

men this made me laugh, oh wow

"Best" is a really hard thing to quantify when it comes to cuisine. If we go by rewards Japan is one of the most internationally well regarded culinary cultures in the world.

This

tokatsu and curry have become staples for me desu

Vietnamese is better.

Fight me

How do you explain China then?
You think they aren't eating a lot of soy?