Is Austin the biggest meme food scene in the US?

>Torchys Americanized Taco madness
>P.Terry's old fashioned burgers
>Rudy's meme BBQ and Breakfast Tacos
>The Autism of Whataburger

Is there a bigger meme food scene in America than Austin?

>Is there a bigger meme food scene in America than Austin?

Yes, it's called LA

>torchys is in houston
>you can get burgers in houston
>you can get bbq and breakfast tacos in houston
>whataburger is literally all over texas

your point?

t. flyover

t. struggling actor

Austin is horrible. The food scene aside from the good BBQ is shit. I hate using the word meme, but its the right one. You feel like every shit place is going to serve your food to you on a fucking shovel.

t. flyover

Nope live a few hours from downtown LA, not even close but thanks for not even attempting an arguement

None is needed you Downey faggot.

t. make more than you will in a decade

>arguement

Flyover education

>make more than user in a decade
>cost of living eats it all up

I love sucking my gfs cock

Texas is a meme in general

>Being so poor that the "cost of living" meme affects you

Can't relate

I guess. I actually didn't mind the food scene much when I visited, aside from the fact that everything is a huge fucking wait. It was pretty similar to Houston IMO which has a lot of memey gentrified shit. Really though if you want good barbecue you have to leave the city and go to fucking lockhart. I never looked at BBQ the same after I went there.

Your lack of remotely proper spelling excludes you from any further discussion, you raging shortbus.

>thinks BBQ, burgers and tacos are memes
>leaves out the memiest memeshit Austin ever crapped out

Get your priorities straight, OP.

You go to a refugee camp for Californians and expect Texan food?

Go to Temple next time, bucko.

T. Hill country hick

>he doesn't pay for anything
Neet life is pretty sweet you're not wrong

its not bad though

This. You can go anywhere else in the state and get better food than the garbage coming from that garbage town.
T. Amarillo

came here to post this
>hill country
fucko

I went to some BBQ place in Austin that was rated as one of the best in the country but, it was fucking terrible. Absolute disappointment.

fuck austin and fuck t.u.

remember to hide all in and out threads

I've only been to Austin a couple of short times but I remember the places I went to were pretty good. Kerbey Lane Cafe and Green Mesquite BBQ were amazing from what I remember.
Anything not local shouldn't count, so why is Whataburger even on there? It's good for fast food anyway. Torchy's is all over the place too.

Best sex I've ever had was with a tranny in Ausin

Traps are gay you faggot

Tejas is a meme state

>tfw want to move to austin and see this thread

story?

Whoa buddy, guess you didn’t get the memo - traps are not gay.

Complain all you want but the food here is fucking delicious. I can have amazing Thai one night, Ethiopian the next, Greek, Vietnamese, Indian, Mongolian, we even have British food whatever the fuck that is. I can travel the planet in this city and it's all gonna be award winning restaurants. (But I'll still come back to Mexican every day, because those hot HEB tortillas be calling my name)

So as a citizen of Austin, how do you feel about the topic?

Comments like these always give me a chuckle. Go to an actual big city and you will change your mind. Austin is still quite small and provincial.

This.

>Rudy's
dont associate that shit with austin kthx

she put her pee pee in my butt

I don't. Meme Food is a meaningless phrase.

nigger. you are gay.

just moved here and tried a bunch of places but only about 1/3 of them have been decent

Nuh uh, traps are not ghey

Which one?

Fort Worth and Dallas have better food by far.

We are in the top 15 most populous cities. What exactly counts for you? Only New York?

one should only count metro areas these days. cities can be suburbs so the meaning is lost. san francisco is less populous than austin, but the SF bay area has 4 times the population of the austin metro.

>amarillo
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAHAHAHAHA

>"cost of living" "meme"

being this bad with money

>texas has meme food
>the biggest most diverse food truck area on the planet

San francisco, aka that place Austin wishes it was so very, very badly.

You're also forgetting diversity. Austin doesn't even crack the top ten. I live in the tenth most diverse city of 2017, (which used to be at number two in either 2014 or 2015, can't remember) and in a mile radius of my house I have more ethnicities food than I can count. I can walk down the street and get pretty much anything, from Mexican to Mongolian, from Persian to Ethiopian, from Japanese to Turkish, from southern Indian to northern Indian, Korean to Hawaiian bbq, Greek, Russian, Italian, German, and on and on. There's more than that, but I'm tired of listing. And that's just within a mile of my house.

Idk OP, but what I do know is that Whataburger is shit compared to In N Out

>The Autism of Whataburger
Fightan words.

i see so many cars from california here

for real there's so many food trucks here. i've never seen so many in my life.

every big city is like that. people are idiots.

find a smaller college city that hasn't been invaded yet. austin has been milked dry

But we still have any of those cuisines to choose from. We could maybe debate the authenticity, but without real data it's kind of hard to argue that Austin somehow doesn't count as a big city with good food.

Somehow I see a lot of New York plates. It's really confusing.

You sound like a pretentious homosexual.

Rudy's isn't the best but it's pretty damn good

word but why do they give you generic ass sliced white bread?

Wow, what an intelligent response. Your mommy must be so proud of her wittle babby.

Houston has a 999999 times better food scene than Austin. Austin is too try-hard while still making worse food. That's part of the problem. It's all a facade, nothing's genuine.

I used to work at Torchys AMA

lol ok Jose you have to go back

Seems like I hit a nerve. How much cock do you smoke?

>t. make more than you will in a decade
>boy I sure am glad that I make $150k a year!
>now to spend 80% of that on my mortgage for an 800 square foot shack
>gosh I love barely being able to buy gas for my car, let alone food

When will commiefornians learn?

You can also get mugged and shot by niggers in Houston

Listening to memefags on Veeky Forums is generally a bad idea for life advice

congratulations you can find those in any big city

>Torchys
am i supposed to tip the cashier?
if i dont tip the cashier, do they give me less chips or queso?

Can confirm. Chased by niggers in Houston trying to commit robberies.

"they hated him because he spoke the truth"
"traps are gay"
"no"

the only problem is that it takes an hour by car to get anywhere in houston

as a gay man, I think the gay scene is superior in Houston than Austin.

You can tip at the register and it gets split evenly among all the non managerial staff. We don’t know if you tip or not so do whatever you want

Idk, maybe when red states get self sufficient and stop relying on 50% fed tax dollars paid by CA and NY to balance their state budgets. Who are the commies again, you red state leaches?

>as a gay man
no one cares reddit

/pol/

>scared of /pol/
no one cares faggot

I've lived in 3 uber flyover metro areas in my life and I would have to make next to no effort to do this in any of them.
>is there a bigger meme city than Austin
No

You're obviously white holy shit. Go eat Mexican food in Riverside or Chinese up past 183. BBQ go down to Driftwood and hang around the Salt Lick area. Even Thai food right around the UT area is great. Plus all of the fusion foods in the area.

The only thing Austin doesn't have is really great Seafood. Just go to Houston for that though.

you're a fucking troglodyte. learn how to use words instead of repeating slurs over and over like some sort of bingo ball spinner that only puts out retard and nigger

>mismange state
>turns into a high COL, high tax nightmare unless you're well off
>need to make $50k to keep from sucking dicks for food in an alleyway to survive
>highly progressive tax system liberals have lauded for years bites them in the ass
>proceed to whine about it
It's fake news anyway, but they only use states because it's the only way they can present it that so it looks like liberals aren't the actual leeches. Every income bracket over the two poorfag ones votes majority red, and since we have a progressive tax system, that means conservatives pay more.

Houston kinda has everything except Italian

Why are cuckservatives always illiterate? Really makes you think!

I’ve eaten at “legitimate” bbq joints that were a lot worse than Rudy’s. It’s perfectly fine, but for whatever reason the ones in Texas suck

Rudy's is a chain so it's gotta be decent at least

Torchys is shit,get the fuck outta here with Torchys.
BTW Torchys is a chain that originated in Austin, don't know how it has managed to stay open here in Houston.

People that get benefits and don't have income to pay taxes with in Red States (cough minorities cough) all unanimously vote Democrat.

ITT: assmad commieforniacucks bitching about the state they are moving to anyway

San Antonio fag reporting. I hate this place but the food here is better than Austin. Other than eating out UT chicks (that's a reference to cunnilingus for the majority of you) there is no reason to ever go to Austin; completely overrated

You can walk the streets without running into a morbidly obese man ever 5 steps.

Fuck San Antonio; go back to Mexico you dirty spic.

Austin food is overrated and terrible, and this city is crawling with wetbacks and califags. Whataburger is pretty good; torchy's is expensive and overrated. BBQ takes too fucking long to get because of all the spics.

>Houston
>seafood
Please don't tell me you eat anything coming out of that body of (((water))).

every episode of spongebob is about my state because I live in california and the writers do too

Agreed. San Antonio is better in every way. The food, the culture, the people, and by damn the fucking traffic. As long as you stay out of certain areas, of course.
t. Someone who has spent their entire life either in Austin or San Antonio, and everywhere in between.
The food in SA is much better, and until Austin can compete with the SA Museum of Art, the McNay, and the Witte, Austin can fuck off.

LA invented avocado toast.

Actually, it was San Francisco. San Francisco was the whole origin of toast restaurants, including avocado toast.
Not exactly something to be proud of, but true nonetheless.