Dear Veeky Forums

Dear Veeky Forums,

I'm doing a road trip in America for a month and would like some suggestions for places to hit up.
I'll be in MN, WI, IL, ID, MI, TN, KY, GA, VA, DC, NJ, NY... NB, IO, ND, SD too but lol flyovers.
I'm stopping in Chicago to have some 'Go 'Za but I'd like to experience true American foods. Where should I go guys?

Other urls found in this thread:

parks.ky.gov/parks/resortparks/natural-bridge/red-river-gorge-climbing.aspx
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

You definitely need to go to WA and LA while you're traveling

The fuck is NB

nebraska?

Nebraska

>flyovers.

A suicide booth

Gotta get some culvers

Check out Ronnie's Burgers if you're in the area.

www.ronniesburgers.com

Op is just making up letters instead of the ANSI standard 2 letter postal abbreviation.

New Braska

Do you have a map of your path that you intend to take?

>tfw you haven't had any soy or organic avocados in 4 hours and your wife's bull says you're banned from eating his cum for a week

As long as you’re down South, you gotta hit up a barbecue place at least once. I recommend going to a different one in each Southern state, since each has their own style. Also, while you’re in Georgia, go to a Waffle House at least once. Plan to be hung over that morning. You will simultaneously learn about Waffle House being incredible and what Southern American breakfast food is kind of like.

New Brunswick

Sounds like what the region would be called in the next Fallout game.

mac n cheese in wisco, beer, obviously, Hot Dish, get a proper italian beef in illinois, "with hot peppers" bbq, as for ND/SD, who knows, diner shit. same for Iowa, go to a breakfast place

A road trip, none of that makes any sense. Also what is IO and NB? I looked at a map and can't see how you can drive through all these states and skip shit like Pennsylvania and Maryland.

on your way from chicago to michigan I suggest stopping at 3Floyds brewery/pub.

3 floyds is dope

>IO
>NB

Maryland has some great seafood.

>KY
Red River Gorge is a must see, as are mammoth caves

parks.ky.gov/parks/resortparks/natural-bridge/red-river-gorge-climbing.aspx

If you're going to be swinging through further north of the Twin Cities, I'd go out of my way to visit Nisswa for Rafferty's pizza. Best pizza I've ever had, and I've lived in 10 different cities across 5 states.

If not, I'd hit up the Tin Cup in St Paul for one of their stuffed burgers and some beer, it's a cozy as fuck bar with fantastic and creative burgers. But before that, head a couple blocks west to the Hmong Market to the smaller building and get some real som tam made to order for lunch.

>Not visiting Wyoming

Go see Yellowstone, faggot. Eat the best steak of your life. See a buffalo. Catch a fish and eat it.

When do they get shitty at Matt's and eat a bunch of greasy ass burgers tho?

Here you go, completely approximate. Last road trip I did in the west of the country had extra meandering.
>Waffle House
Are the antics I hear about true? I don't want to get stabbed or shot enjoying waffles n chicken.
WALA.
Thanks, I intend on bringing camping gear with me exactly to see stuff like this. Luray Caverns is on the list of things to check out as well as some national forests on the way to DC.
I plan on sticking to I94 unfortunately, I will be crossing through St Paul though, it might make an ok lunch on my way for some 'Go 'Za

94 goes right through Minneapolis and st Paul m80

I meant that to the spot you mentioned further north, Nisswa.

This seems awesome OP I wish I had the time or the funds for a big trip like this.

In KY make sure to buy an Ale-8 One...found in central KY around Lexington and Richmond.

I took out the seats in my car, and put in some plywood so I can sleep in the back. Since there's gonna be a few places I can't just outright sleep in the back because, cold, gas/sleeping budget is 1500USD. The only reason I'm getting the time off is that it's unpaid.

When you are in Wisconsin, be sure to stop and get a brat and cheese curds. (Green Bay or Madison are good choices.) Have a Burger/Custard place just north of Milwaukee called Kopps, and it will be the best burger you have had. Period. Better than In and Out, better than 5 Guys, better than any shit fast food place.

Enjoy your trip.

>literally flyover, the roadtrip

Kek, this can't be real. I've driven I80 tons of times and there's nothing on it.

Leon's custard is better than copps for custard , it's outside of Milwaukee

Otherwise yeah, Wisconsin has dope brats and beer and cheese..

When you're in Chicago, get a portillo's hot dog and Italian beef. Then get Lou Malnatti's deep dish pizza.

superdawg > portillo's

>ID
Why, there is literally nothing there.

culvers is literally goddamn everywhere now, and it's not really that special.

how far are you going in to MI? because detroit style (basically available throughout most of the state) is superior to both chicago and new york styles.

>skirting the southernmost part of michigan
yeah, there's literally nothing there. might as well mark that one off your checklist.

Skip Georgia unless you want to be around 80 iq niggers spics and white trash

Get a Juicy Lucy as you pass through the Twin Cities.

I'd recommend grabbing Erbert's and Gerbert's as you pass through the Upper Midwest; they're a chain store but they have some pretty good sandwiches, as well as fucking wonderful soups.

In NJ wat at a diner once at 4 am and get a breakfast plate.

Also of you hit up the AC go to the Iron door, if farther north the Frog and the Peach

St Paul has a lot of fun places. Happy Gnome is a high end beer garden. New Amsterdam has fun music every other night with a huge beer list, good fries, and great brudjes (pricey though), two brick-oven pizza places, one good pizzaria and deli-shop that has rooftop seating (closed this time of year though), two good sushi places though the best is in the Mall of America (you might want to go out of your way to visit).

hey man im there

You can get absolutely smashed on i90 (indiana tollroad) on you way to ohio. Many have food.

I live right next to Chicago. Place is a shithole. If you REALLY want your tomato casserole head to Lou Malnati's or Gino's East. Otherwise in IL all you can look forward to is D'arcy's and their horseshoes in Springfield for greasy peasant food and maybe a combo from Portillo's with a Chicago dog.

Wisconsin is way better. They have a shitload of krauts up there so there's decent german places all over.

I know decent spots in Des Moines, Peoria, Rockford, and Milwaukee. lmk which of these shitholes you wish to visit and I can direct you.

Gronks in superior wi and the Brauhouse in Akely MN

Check out Natural Bridge in KY, too. Great camping/hiking spot.

Stop at Oasis in Iowa City
Real dope Mediterranean, avoid their gyro though.