Is this Gross?

At work today I went to make some tea. Grabbed a fresh mug, poured some honey in the mug, poured hot water over it. Grabbed a spoon, mixed it in. Wiped water off spoon with paper towel, put back in drawer.

Lady looked at me like I just slobbered all over it and just put it back in the drawer.

Is wiping water off a spoon and putting it back for use gross?

Well... it is kinda gross. I mean... where do you stop? No bueno.

Well you're just going to wash a spoon that mixed water and a little honey with... more water.

stop being lazy, just clean things that you share with other people.

Normally when I want to wash a dirty utensil, soap is a part of the equation.
Not sure how they do things in your shithole country though, OP.

yeah but you gotta do it, it's a social thing, which is hard on us due to autismo

>Is wiping water off a spoon and putting it back for use gross?

We have a black lady in our office that does this with all the utensils. No body dares say anything to the black lady, so we all just secretly use our own plastic forks.

Good luck trying to tell her that her disgusting habits affects the whole office... she'll probably sue us for "racism".

I mean yeah I'm going to do it now since its what people want I'm just saying it's not even dirty in the first place since its just literal water in a clean mug.

Since you're definitely not racist, why don't you explain what the issue is with not using more water to get rid of the water on the utensil?

you stirred honey in OP, it's not just water

The purpose of soap is to make water soluble substances, like fats, dissolve. Everything in honey is water soluble.

OP did nothing wrong.

And honey. Enjoy ants in your silverware drawer

Because she does this with foods, yogurt, and this chocolate shit she brings all the time and she never actually cleans them, just wipes them with obvious food still stuck to the forks.

You do realize that blacks can be bad people and it's absolutely OK to call them out on their bullshit without being racist right?

Nevermind... you race baiters will play the race card no matter what anyways.

>You do realize that blacks can be bad people and it's absolutely OK to call them out on their bullshit without being racist right?

FUCK YOU!

Blacks are never wrong and you can never criticize blacks for anything. Otherwise you're a RACIST!!!

The race baiter is the retard who felt a need to specify the woman's race to begin with. That's you.

>Blacks are never wrong and you can never criticize blacks for anything. Otherwise you're a RACIST!!!

Yup. see....

You're not allowed to mention the lady is black. Even though blacks blame everything in their lives on white people. lol

>chop

If I use a measuring cup just for water I'll just put it back. If I use a measuring spoon for baking soda or salt I'll just rinse it. You probably didn't get all the honey off of it and sugar can feed bacteria once it's been diluted with water. So yeah it'd probably be fine to at least just rinse it with water if you didn't put the spoon in your mouth but just using a paper towel isn't good enough.

I didn't put honey on the spoon though I put less than a tablespoon in the mug, then put the water in, then stirred to dislove. No honey on the spoon.

Fuck off the cooking board you literal Nazi.

Are you just pretending to be stupid?

I don't think he's pretending at all

It’s not gross, IF the water you used to rinse it was hot. Otherwise you put a sticky spoon back in the drawer. Also this isn’t cooking related at all. Please fuck off.

what is wrong with nazi?

If you sprinkled a couple grains of sugar in a cup and mixed it in water would you wash the spoon? It gets dissolved into the water. It is not physically sugar or I
this case honey anymore, its an aqueous solution comprised of 99% water. Do you even chemistry faggot?

Nothing wrong with being Nazi, it's just that the other user did nazi this coming.

Why don't you just wash the utensil before you want to use it?
That's what I would do, regardless of your situation. I still wouldn't trust anyone else.

The office is not like being at home.

It has nothing to do with practically or reason and everything to do with adhering to arbitrary social norms and hierarchies.

What about if it was nothing but hot water in the cup? Would it be alright if he did it with a metal spoon? Does it need to involve soap to be considered sanitary?

Its pretty gross, especially if you put sticky honey on it. You should of atleast cleaned it with soap and warm water.

>I didn't put sticky honey on it, it was poured into the mug of water.
>It was already in hot water for tea.
>Soap is not a disinfectant. All it does is reduce fats to cut grease like another user said. Heat and abrasives is what disinfects your dishes.
>Spoon was heated and abraised.
>>The fuck would I even be disinfecting? The last wash?

If you're not trolling I understand what you mean, but you're still getting diluted honey on the spoon. The sugar in the honey will make bacteria grow and a paper towel won't remove it all.

No Anne Frank joke?

just wash the spoon when you wash your cup, after you drink your tea

fucken niggers

>criticizing a PoC
>ever

fucking nazi, fuck you

Fuck that nigga

Hahahaha
>Being this dumb

>He fell for tree 'soap is a disinfectant' meme

He also apparently doesn't realize that honey and first world drinking water have miniscule bacteria colonies that would easily be destroyed by brewing temperatures because they are well above pasteurization temperatures. Op probably adds more bacteria with the paper towels than anything.

>You do realize that blacks can be bad people and it's absolutely OK to call them out on their bullshit without being racist right?
Good luck. If you start a problem with the wrong one, they'll pull the race card so fucking fast you'll get fired for "harassment"

honey is antibacterial anyway. as long as there's nothing on the spoon and it's dry I don't see a problem

Filthy ape

>honey is antibacterial anyway.
isn't that only because of how concentrated it is? once it's been diluted in the mug of water it's not going to work the same way. it's why you can turn honey into mead which needs yeast and bacteria to ferment it.

You mean a mug of clean drinking water from a tap that's now been heated to temps above pasteurization for purposes of brewing? Yeah I'm sure that's adding much bacteria

>poured some honey in the mug
>poured hot water over it
>mixed it in
>wiping water off a spoon

>Is wiping water off a spoon and putting it back for use gross?
Not really, except for your dirty ass hands touching a clean spoon, but that's not what you did.

The solution is easy. Get rid of the black lady. It works in my office.

just discussing the antibacterial properties of honey bro

have honey allergies
use spoon
die.

Go back to /pol/, alt right snowflake

Kys

No such thing.
You're wrong about bacteria in mead. If you get bacteria in the mead while fermenting it it will taste awful.

>No such thing.
fuck off retard.

It's an allergy to trace amounts of pollen not honey. You would have to be severely sensitive to pollen to get a reaction from straight honey. There is no way any trace amounts of pollen would be left on the spoon.

Fuck off retard.

>No such thing.
Not exactly an allergy and it would probably never happen but babies less than a year old aren't supposed to eat honey because it has botulism spores that adults can deal with but they can't yet

Botulism wouldn't survive the temperature of the brewed water. Babies aren't supposed to eat raw honey, they can have pasteurized. It's a stupid meme anyways because it is EXCEEDINGLY rare, near impossible for botulism to survive in that high of a sugar environment. That's why fruit preserves and jam recipes call for so much extra sugar. FDA food safety advise borders on retarded a lot of the time.

>Botulism wouldn't survive the temperature of the brewed water.
The spores will, that's why you have to use a pressure cooker to can some foods so you can get a higher temperature