Why does Veeky Forums use the word "dinner" rather than "supper" when they are clearly referring to supper and not...

Why does Veeky Forums use the word "dinner" rather than "supper" when they are clearly referring to supper and not dinner?

um back the fuck off?!

in my experience. the poorer kids i grew up with used the word "supper" while us richer people used the word dinner.

fag

heh

^This. Supper is an uneducated redneck term for dinner.

samefag

Believeing everything is a conspiracy is also an uneducated redneck phenomenon. It's because they aren't intellectually subtle enough to understand complex situations so they default to the sort of explanation they can grasp e.g. some bad guy is tricking me.

What do uneducated negros call it? They are infinitely poorer and dumber than rednecks, I would figure that would hold more sway in matters

triplefag

There's a difference between responding and samefagging you poor uneducated redneck. Last two posts you have quoted there are mine and judt represent an ongoing conversation. First post you have quoted there is someone else's.

quadruplefag

They also call it supper.

samefag

back off? *throws you against the wall*

Methinks you need to leave the south. It's a regional thing. Fairly sure if I went in the ghetto and jept call dinner supper someone would fuck me up for acting like a faggot

what's the difference?

Breakfast
Lunch
High Tea
Dinner

These are the four meals of the day, pleb.

because it's not supper or dinner it's called döner you fucking idiot

Quick bite
Dinner
Supper
Night cap

That's not how that works, faggot. If you really were "richer people", you'd call the appropriate names for the meals. Dinner is the biggest meal of the day, whether eaten midday or at night. Breakfast is always breakfast.
Breakfast
Luncheon or Dinner
Supper or Dinner

Luncheon (lunch for short) and Supper are supposed to be lighter meals. So, say you had a big Dinner at noon, you'd have leftovers or something cold for Supper. Or, you had salad or a sandwich for Lunch, then you'd have a full hot meal that night for Dinner. Or, say you had a sandwich or leftovers at Lunch, and then had a cold meal or salad at night which would be Supper.

That's an antiquated naming convention from back when more people worked on farms, hence why poor Southern people today still sometimes use it.