Thoughts?

Thoughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Processed_cheese
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

waste of money. good old craft singles literally taste the same. Anyone who says otherwise is a pretentious cunt. no point in wasting money on fancy cheese.

As a Brit, is American Cheddar like the Cheddar we have here?

The logo kind of looks like a burger.

Bland

Which logo?

No it's really mild.

Can't you see the bun and patty in the background of the label?

Is it a bit like those kraft slices?

That's a cheese wheel you retard

I see it. Wouldn't call that a logo tho it's more of a label

No not really

IT'S SHAPED LIKE A CHEESEBURGER. THE WHOLE LABEL.

>whole label
>background

There's the good stuff and the cheap stuff. The good stuff does, the cheap doesn't.

>trader joes
Is it horrifically overpriced?

It was grainy, almost chalky. Not unpleasant

Why the fuck would you assume that? TJ's is significantly underpriced — I can get the same wedge of Saint Andre at a normal supermarket for $3 dollars more, if I were a retard.

This isn't whole foods. Trader Joe's is low priced as heck.

>Trader Joeys has deposited $.02 in your paypal

The better stuff that actually gets matured long enough does. It can be done well here, with a very sharp yet buttery flavor that has a good crumbly texture and the little crystals. 75% of what's on the shelf at average grocery stores here is pretty mild commodity-tier cheddared cheese that tastes like it was only aged 3 months.
No, it's not processed, blended cheese like that. I'm pretty sure that's made with cheese scraps, additional whey and oil melted together. There is a lot of that, but the predominant cheddared cheese is just very underaged cheddar style with far too much annatto. Not terrible, but not good.

>OUR COWS AIN'T ON THAT HORMONE SHIT WE PROMISE YOU WON'T GROW AN EXTRA GALLBLADDER
>hormone milk is completely fine for you and zero scientific evidence exists to warrant the completely backward mistrust of it

I love marketing.

Good shit, goes great in lots of dishes. Doesn't belong on pizza or any Italian dish tho.

I heard a guy died a few months after consuming cheddar cheese.

I read that statistically, everyone who has ever consumed cheddar cheese has eventually died. It's pretty scary. I've already eaten some. I'm probably going to die someday.

I love the little crystals man. I guess we are quite lucky with cheddar over here. You can pick up pretty good tickler at most shops

cheddar is the worst of all cheeses

prove me wrong

It looks like burger packaging.

The US isn't like a cheese desert or anything. You can get decent cheese, but you have to pay a little more for it. As to why most people settle for immature cheddar style cheese here? I guess that's a cultural thing. Tastes are slowly getting better over time like they have for beer, wine and coffee. The more people there are who want it, the more of it cheese makers will produce.

Interesting. Thanks us cheese bro

Cheese

i like this one

Cheddar is a meme cheese.
It's not even that good.
Just kind of sharp and bland.
I literally can't.

>pasteurised milk
Not cheese.
'Cheese Product'

It's the most overrated of any mainstream variation of cheese

>tfw don't really like cheese except for basics like cheddar, mozzarella, and ricotta
>feel like a pleb because of it

Cheddar is the most bastardized cheese. Get a 2 year+ aged English cheddar that crumbles apart with those lactate crystals. Huge savoury bomb. Brilliant on its own, with balsamic, or as *slightly* melted slices.

pumping cows full of hormones is still animal cruelty

>I'm pretty sure that's made with cheese scraps, additional whey and oil melted together.
Man, you were doing so well until you said that.

My fav readily-available cheddar desu

I think that was a pretty brief, but accurate description of processed cheese off the top of my head. Here, I'll spoon feed you this wiki link I just looked up because I doubted myself:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Processed_cheese

Cabot is THE shit.

You've obviously only had trash cheddar. Find a good American one or some British cheddar