What is the best salt?

what is the best salt?

reddit posts

Pink salt is a fucking scam,user.Cheap shit=good shit

the only non-meme artisinal salts are those made by actual salt companies
smoked and flavoured salts are great but there's very few companies that actually do this, and it's usually so expensive for consumers that it's only really worth it for a table grinder

on the other hand, everything you find in the salt aisle at your store is the same. i've bought pickling salt to salt my boiling water for years because it's 1/3 the price of every other salt by weight

It's fucking NaCl. The 2-3% mikro-nutritents which differ from salt to salt would't even make a difference if you solve them in water and make a 2 out of 3 test.
It is just a tax for stupidity.

Piggybacking off this thread to ask if garlic salt is a meme. I put both garlic and salt on most things and I'm wondering if I should save myself some time and buy the combo.

Collected from my mansauce on an evaporation pan

fleur de sel is arguably the best salt. it has that tingly sensation on the tongue. it's basically fresh salt crystals that form when you evaporate a saturated brine.

the pink one

first post best post

This is the best for salting after cooking.

garlic salt isn't the same as garlic+salt whatsoever.
however, it's pretty alright in some dishes.

>everything you find in the salt aisle at your store is the same
This, the only thing that matters is the grain size.

dammit, I thought I could optimize my cooking and my life

It isn't and genuinely is good but the recipe to make it is super easy and inexpensive I would make it myself since it lasts forever, you essentially puree a little garlic with alot of salt then let it dry on a sheet tray for 2-3 days. The flavor intensifies as it looses moisture that's the only real advantage to it over adding them separately. Onion salt as well.

I use the pink Himalayan salt for most stuff. I keep some plain white salt around in case I need to banish a demon or an annoying neighbor

Mayan black salt

NaCl. Not sure much else is healthy to eat desu.

why the fuck does Veeky Forums add "desu" to my posts? that's enough. I'm out. been hanging for more than 10 years. but this is some brony, basement-dweller compelled speech bullshit.

You obviously haven't been here long enough to know what word filters are.

that brown stuff in the bottom of the pretzels bag

>why the fuck does Veeky Forums add "desu" to my posts?
'Cause you are a meme spouting faggot.
>that's enough. I'm out.
And nothing of value was lost.

P.S. [spoiler]see you tomorrow[/spoiler]

Since when was the abbreviation for to be honest part of any word filter?

for about 3 years

wow.
Thanks for the info though.

Source?

My dad fell for the PHS meme. He always buys it even after I told him the amount of nutrients is negligible.

MSG.

As long as its not processed too much.
Same with sugar, brown/Indian sugar > white sugar.

What about Iodine?

I tried dozens of different salts - among specialty salt i would recommend only smoked salts and very narrow use for habanero salt. Other types could be fun but not really useful (for example lemon salt)

I add a drop or two of Lugol's 2% to some water every few days

The only answer.

The costco pink salt is like $0.25 more than the regular salt so I get it because it looks cool and impresses normies. Some of the shitty himalayan salt can be really gritty though so brand is actually important. I also keep a box of kosher salt for salting meat or for when you need a large volume of it.

>sad grey uneven beef

what's supposed to happen if you flip the meat with plastic or wood utensils?

It creates nerve gas.

goddamn you people are fucking stupid, it was a clear bait

desu senpai baka

sea salt

Pink salt is cheap shit it one of the few salts that is good for you

not sure I'd feel comfortable ingesting anything originating from Pakistan. That along with India and China are two countries I avoid like the plague.

I usually get cheap Korean sea salt. It's fluffy and a bag lasts me a decade because I don't add much salt to anything. The last few years I've been using a tiny thing of rusty Pakistan salt my mom gave me.

I fell for the pink salt meme and it tastes the same

bath salts

Kosher salt

>When it rains, it pours!

What is the healthiest salt?

persian blue salt

I bought one of these after seeing it on here, used it for a year. Now I have induction so I can't use it anymore. Maybe I will break it up and use little chunks of it instead of table salt

There is no "best" salt. It's more, "which salt is best for THIS dish."

I like using the different colored salts as finishing salts. A dish where the color pops out.

I use just regular table salt to salt water for poaching and also for brines and marinades.

Course sea salt is great for when every once in a while you want a bite of salt, like with sweets, or something with a neutral flavor.

Sea salt flakes are great for anything roasted or also for topping something off.

Smoked salt is also great for topping off. If you powder it, it makes a great salt for popcorn.

I also have powdered salt, great for, as just mentioned, popcorn, but also used for pickling or for salting dry foods. The powder clings better.

I think I use mostly pink Himalayan salt just because it does contain more minerals than just plain sea salt.

It doesn't taste any better.

fpbp

is there specific flavor or should we just get mesmerized with color

Kala namak

tfw they all taste like the 43 cent iodized salt in the white cylinder container

Among my favorite salts is the Norwegian Havsno. Its made from the crisp clean sea water from the northern Atlantic and hence, is a clean salt with relatively little flavor other than being 'very' salt. Nice salt for cooking.

how would you guys know this? You really need to go back since you don't belong here.

Yeah, if you dissolve them in a recipe. If you're sprinkling them on something such that the crystals dissolve on your tongue, it does make a difference.

the only answer

black salt is the best salt

for putting in pepper shakers/windowless grinders.

>hurr all salt is the same
When the ingredient list has more than one entry, avoid.

Sodium bisulfate. Pretty damn useful in almost everything except cooking.

K O S H E R
Holy fuck Veeky Forums stop being a fucking retard

Make me, vanilla boy

basically just this
more surface area means you taste more of it with less

Apparently most sea salt is over 99 percent nacl. The minerals is a meme.

You need iodine you mong.

Fucking cuckamericans can't get enough jewish shit.

Yuropoors belong in

Smoked salt

Lo-salt

Mccormick smoked sea salt

Kosher salt

They all taste the same

garlic salt

oh man, sprinkle that shit on a pizza crust before you add the sauce and cheese...