Well cu/ck/s it's about 10:30 at night and I've just pulled my first ever lasagne out of the oven, how did I do?

Well cu/ck/s it's about 10:30 at night and I've just pulled my first ever lasagne out of the oven, how did I do?

Share some of your late night creations pls

Other urls found in this thread:

ragu.com/our-sauces/old-world-style-sauces/old-world-style-traditional-spaghetti-sauce/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neapolitan_ragù
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

What’s your recipe?

Meat sauce:
Olive oil
White wine
Garlic
Salt and pepper
Bay leaves and rosemary
Canned tomatoes
Carrot, onion, and celery
Vegetarian mince (wife is vego)

Bechamel was standard milk butter flour. I didn't season it properly as I nearly overcooked it and had a freak out

Then just layered with premade sheets and cheddar cheese.

I basically just followed a recipe from a curly headed french dude on youtube. I'd definitely do things a little different next time

Sounds good although I’d have left the cheese out.

Yeah nah to each their own, I personally really liked it.

On with clean up now

Alex the French Guy's cooking is good, but his accent is exaggerated.

im glad your stovetop is clean

>lasagne
>Carrot, onion, and celery
Listen, it sounds good enough, but that isn't something I would call lasagne; more like a casserole.

Also, you didn't mention it but I have to assume you had some form of noodles in there, yes?

>The Italian version of mirepoix is called soffritto (not to be confused with the Spanish sofrito), a base of finely chopped parsley and onion sauteed in lard, but most modern cooks substitute olive oil or butter. Garlic, celery, or carrot may also be included.

Why the fuck are we talking about mirepoix? It doesn't go in lasagne.

Look, I can quote shit too.

>The traditional lasagne of Naples, lasagne di carnevale, is layered with local sausage, small fried meatballs, hard-boiled eggs, ricotta and mozzarella cheeses, and sauced with a Neapolitan ragù.[5] Lasagne al forno, layered with a thicker ragù and Béchamel sauce and which corresponds to the most common version of the dish outside Italy, is traditionally associated with Emilia-Romagna. In other regions lasagne can be made with various combinations of ricotta or mozzarella cheese, tomato sauce, various meats (e.g., ground beef, pork or chicken), miscellaneous vegetables (e.g., spinach, zucchini, olives, mushrooms), and is typically flavored with wine, garlic, onion, and oregano. In all cases, the lasagne are oven-baked (al forno).

>premade sheets
Reading comprehension, user.

Ragu usually includes celery, carrot and onion though

You;re right, I just glossed over that bit apparently and when I didn't see it up in the list of other ingredients is where I got lost.

Thanks for the realignment.

Standard ragu base, goes in my lasagne.

ragu.com/our-sauces/old-world-style-sauces/old-world-style-traditional-spaghetti-sauce/
>Tomato Puree (Water, Tomato Paste), Soybean Oil, Salt, Sugar, Dehydrated Onions, Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Spices, Romano Cheese Made From Cow's Milk (Cultured Part-Skim Milk, Salt, Enzymes), Natural Flavors.

Keep on digging

I was bored last night so I made a meatloaf.
Ate some at 2am on some crusty bread.

looks dry
what the hell is going on with the "skin"?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neapolitan_ragù
>The Neapolitan type is made from three main parts: a soffritto, meat, and tomato sauce.

>ragu
>the brand name
YOU COMPLETE AND UTTER SPERM GARGLER!

What is that yellow pepper doing in that tray?

I filled it with olive oil and garlic and then I baked it

If you're trolling you get full marks.

>if

And mince, don't forget the mince.

And yeah I had pasta sheets too