Generic items better than the name brand

I actually like the Great Value over the Kraft macaroni and cheese. At 33 cents it costs a 1/3 of the price too.

I prefer SPUM over SPAM.

President's Choice is top tier in a lot of things rather than the big brand names. Also KD sucks the box is half empty these days and the cheese packets have less cheese.

Great value chicken nuggies taste better than tyson or other brands. BUT NOT MICKY D'S. BABY WANT NUGGY WUGGY

Winco's brand is good too and about the same price.

>Also KD sucks the box is half empty these days and the cheese packets have less cheese.
That doesn't bother me as much as removing the artificial colors that gave it that signature neon orange color.

Both are fine, but the thick and creamy version of each is a whole tier better.

When I was a poorfag I think I came to the conclusion that in your average grocery store knock off macaroni is the most calorie dense food per price you can buy. Probably neck and neck with maruchen ramen.

pc deluxe white cheddar mac is deity-tier

For me, it's no name.

Wegmans is the best boxed mac and cheese.

Tyson is so over rated. Meat goes on sale at my Walmart and when the Tyson goes on sale, it's usually the price of the unmarked shit. I mean, what's so good about Tyson?

>Tyson is so over rated
Who they fuck rates tyson "biohazard" chicken highly? Every product they make is garbage.

Nah, Annie's white shells and cheddar is goat

Spartan brand stuff was always breddy gud but then they changed it to "our family" and it get real mediocre real fast. Their spiral macaroni & cheese was amazing.

>At 33 cents

Great Value mac is 26 cents at my local Walmart. Literally so cheap, I suspect something is wrong with it.

FUCK YES
This is the only mac&cheese I fux wit
>pc delux white cheddar
>those long ass garlic breads SOAKED in garlic butter and cheese sprinkled on top
>some pasta sauce to dip the garlic bread in

college was dabes

pretty much the same

is this a knock off steak sauce for ants

>publix
good taste

It's legitimately worse for you OP. I used to eat nothing but Great value shit and said the same, then I had a near death experience, Doctors asked what I was eating and told me to start looking at the total carbs. Most of the great value walmart food is processed junk and it has shit tons of carbs above and beyond the average foods and other brands. Example. A box of barilla pasta is 36 g a cup. Where as great value is 46 fucking grams per HALF of a cup.

Get off great value right now if you enjoy and value your life OP. Do not fall for the same trap.

>Powdered "cheese" sauce
Why don't you just drink liquid ass while you're at it?

enjoy 5 dollars for a loaf of bread

I do. Buying a decent honey-wheat and oats bread is much better then some crappy $1 white bread.

I remember in high school I took a foods class. Sometimes we would do a blind taste test lab. One of them that we did was tasting different brands of macaroni and cheese. Kraft blue box did not come out on top, it was some generic store brand.

Powdered cheese is just flavoring and thickener, nothing wrong with it.

The sauce comes from the remaining pasta water, milk and butter. Most restaurant mac and cheese is 90% evaporated milk and butter

Not sure if they still have them or if the recipe has changed but Aldi brand Spaghetti O's were much better

I don't know how General Mills & Kellogg's stay in business.

Note: Berry Colossal Crunch = makes your shit green

>eats ants without dipping sauce.

why do you inspect your shit?

Your bowel movements are a really good indicator of health and nutrition. You should give them a glance every once in a while

Its unironically factual. The reality is that name brands sell on name alone, but the discount brands often have to sell based on quality. The name brands start good but slowly cut corners every year until they're left with a perfect circle that sells on name alone and percieved quality.

A great example is chocolate, because many of the major brands cant even be labelled chocolate anymore in canada due to the addition of palm oil as a dirt cheap filler. The 33c "4fun" dollar store kitkat chunky knockoffs with real chocolate and hazelnut powder taste better and are better quality than the $1.25 kitkat chunkies that use "chocolatey" coating.

Oat breads are trash overpriced scam bread for people with bad taste tho. They ad $30c of oats and seeds and quadruple the price.

>not inspecting what comes out of your body
Get a load of this goy

Here's a pro-tip, anything generic in the grocery store tastes THE EXACT same as whatever brand name it's off of, say Oreos. This is because it's all made in the same plant. There are some exceptions but this is true for like 80% of the item you will buy

Most powders are just 10% spices and 90% corn starch or xantham gum. Cooks do the same shit when they need to thicken something though usually with slightly different thickener choiced.

I can never find a store that sells these

offbrand rice crispies and corn flakes are fucking shit. i fucking dare you to buy offbrand corn flakes and say its the same as kellogs.

regardless, pic related is the best breakfast/protein bar ive bought thats at least real. as opposed to Power Bars that are just blended material flavored with vanilla.

>shopping at kroger
>not making the extra half mile drive to publix

Name brand granola bars are shit these days. Quaker bars are like 70% puffed rice, complete waste of money

Hey am I the only one that makes a box and uses 1 and a half pack of cheese powder and throw out the extra noodles. . . . .. also I add extra cheese, tastes like card board if i do not. Only eat it when I am real drunk n lazy. Gotta be worse then smoking a pack of smokes lol I know

kroger owns quite a few companies. smith's in western america. never seen a publix, but im gonna wager its more of a meme than in and out

I like this stuff far more than honey bunches. It's less sweet and just feels fuller.

Kroger brand hot chocolate mix.

Fucking yeah.

Wellsley Farms (from BJs) has really good milk and chicken.

do people in this thread honestly believe that all these grocery chains actually run their own factories?

they're just buying from the same factory as the name brand with a different label on the box

when you buy a "name brand" over a store brand you are literally buying the name and nothing more.

this is true. If you can find the Sally's version, it is made with ingredients that do not turn your shit green.

Fuck off back to /hoc/

Wal-Mart brand onion rings have a better coating than the more expensive brands, and they're like 50% cheaper

Most name brands dont share their recipes idiot. Most generic brands are coming from the same factories but many of them supply their own recipes to use.

Not always, they sometimes do things to make the store brand cheaper. Toothpaste and Tylenol/Advil knockoffs have to be pretty much the same, but with food it's different. I've noticed name brand chips taste like they were cooked in fresher oil pretty often, so they probably use the first few batches of chips for name brand and then subsequent batches in the same oil will be store brand. Some cookies don't have the right texture like they weren't baked long enough, they're fully cooked but could've been baked for a couple minutes longer to not be spongy. Name brand pasta can have a better texture probably because they use the premium flour that's finer in consistency. Store brand packaged cheese slices seem to have more salt, for shelf life I guess, less waste means they can sell it a bit cheaper. A lot of stuff tastes about the same and even if they're using the same ingredients they can cut costs with the cooking process which makes it taste different.

good taste
costco is the best place to shop

Nothing beats flour. Except bulk wheat.

Based.

>cheese powder, enriched bleached flour and iron
Paying any amount of money for that
“”””no””””

You should've died honestly, one less ignorant retard off the streets

I usually buy namebrands if I know they're made in the usa. Like Post fruity and coco pebbles and Florida's natural and occasionally welches grape juice.

Good shit.
Those frozen turkey burgers are like 300g of protein for like $12.

Were you lobotomized at some point prior to writing this?

Do any of you jokers want to make an easy, fast, cheap mac and cheese or just buy a box?

What kind of foods were you eating?

You might have had an allergic reaction to a chemical generic-brand specific. Or, if you were eating things like generic cereal, mac n cheese, bread... Well. That would explain the carbs, wouldn't it?

any of you jokers know what sodium citrate is? Every owned or used it?

This is definitely true for lots of processed food. Fishsticks, cookies, snacks such as peanut puffs, and most basic food items as well.
The only advantage a namebrand might offer is variety. You'll get lots of plain salted potato chips for cheap, but if you want them with bacon, vinegar, rosemary or whatever, you gotta buy name brand. And they're even losing ground in that regard.
Those are all tiny differences and I doubt that you will spot them beyond, like, 10% of the cases.
No. Just no.

But thats not really generic, just alternative hipster brand

ABSOLUTELY THIS

Also this is true, but plain boring corn flakes and rice krispies are GOAT to begin with

just fking cook some flour with some butter, add a little milk, grate in cheese + s&p and pour over pasta. Can do it in the time it takes the water to boil and better + cheaper than this shit.

poor people that don't budget, have EBT, and just buy brand names. Tide is stupid popular amongst poor people and is stolen all the time when it is just as effective as the generic brands. Low IQ + gov't gimmiedats are a powerful force with consumer brands.

that requires cooking skills, effort, and the foresight to have ingredients on hand.

No lie, the Oat Blenders are supposed to be an off brand of Honey Bunches of Oats and then I had HBO for the first time and was immediately disgusted.

This looks good. The Wal-Mart ones have aspartame and other nasty shit in them.