Now tell me Veeky Forums why would anyone want to eat a river fish...

Now tell me Veeky Forums why would anyone want to eat a river fish? Each and everyone I've ever had tastes like bloody mud

you put it in your bathtub for a bit to clean it. No more mud taste.

>eating fish
What am I, a fuckin' jerkoff bear?

What about salmon and trout? Also lrn2 appreciate fish.

They're better than pond fish

Also would add walleye and perch to that list

make sure you bleed em too. blood in the meat = muddy flavor.

Don't salmon spend most of their lives at sea?

You probably are not dressing it properly.

Go catch a trout from an ice cold crystal clear mountain stream and tell me it tastes like mud.

>tfw Missouri
Not a clear river in this state

What do you mean by river fish? Is this some sort of american euphemism for carp fish/bottom feeders?
There are tons of delicious river fish, trout, harr, whitefish, pike, perch, burbot, zander and so on and so on. It's only carps that taste a bit off, and even those can be good smoked or if you grind the meat and make fishcakes.

>eating fish
>ever
enjoy your heavy metals

>MO
>no clear, unpolluted rivers
Stop electing a republicuck state govt. hellbent on turning your state into a toxic waste dump. 30 years ago, the Ozarks had crystal clear trout streams snd cold water springs. You done been cucked!

>what is Bennett Springs

yes, they only enter rivers when they are spawning. if caught early they can be edible but they are literally rotting alive by the time the spawn

I find white fish can be nearly indiscernible from one another when prepared correctly, if you had bad catfish (as many will say) then it was prepared incorrectly.

I want to eat the Chinese carp that has invaded Missouri. I wonder how it tastes

redneck fisherman user here. you are correct. when considering a catfish for the table you should shy away from the larger fish and go with the smaller 1-2 pound ones. After catching and cleaning the fish you need to make sure to get rid of the blood line and cut all the fat off the filet. Then soak filets in milk or buttermilk for an hour or so before frying. Season then flour the filets, dip in egg wash, then coat in a 50/50 mixture of flour and corn flour (not corn meal - corn flour it's hard to find, but there is a difference) Then fry in peanut oil at 350 degrees until filets are golden brown and float. I will typically cut the filets into 3 inch squares before frying so they'll cook faster and more uniformly.

The most important thing is to get rid of the bloodline and fat though. That's where the "fishy" taste comes from.

Mate Im fucking English. We don't have streams like that here

But then the fish will just taste like moonshine.

>knows exactly what he is doing
that is exactly how we cook'em in the Delta.