**Fuck You and Your Ramen**

I'm poor.
Stilled pulled off a ribeye with caramelized mushrooms and onions and golden Yukon mashed potato. This meal required 6 dollars, one bowl, a cutting board, a hot pan, and one direct heat source.
Being poor does not mean eating garbage.

too bad you can't cook

>Being poor does not mean eating garbage.
Fucking this.
Looks very nice, user.

"Good food is so expensive though! I'll eat healthy when a head of lettuce and an onion isn't 3 dollars" - plebs

$6 for a single meal or 10 packets of Ramen for $5.50, so you're saying that when you're dirt poor you should be spending more than 10x as much for a meal that looks like shit anyway?

You're poor because you're retarded. Why are you garnishing with two entire sprigs of thyme for a meal you're eating alone

good job. of course you're going to get hate for zero reason because this is Veeky Forums but it looks nice.

Thank you fuckin user. People get butthurt when broccoli is 2 dollars a pound yet don't think twice about buying potato chips at 9 dollars a pound.
America needs to stop opening cellophane and start opening their minds.

Yes. I know.

>ribeye under 6 dollars
Either that thing is 90% meatglue or you're a lying faggot

>America needs to stop opening cellophane and start opening their minds
I hope you get decapitated in a really bad car accident

You eat Ramen. Your opinion is void.

How much dick did you have to suck to get that ribeye?

>decapitated in a really bad car accident
that's a little too far. how about just stuck in a car fire?

>Two entire springs
This shit grows in my yard you dumb nigger. How fucking poor are you?

I use to not give a shit, once I started to I cut my grocery bill in half and had loads of new ideas. It's definitely worth the prep, planning, and effort and I feel a lot better cutting down on the sodium of prepackaged and canned items.

Buy the ramen and splurge on vegetables and proteins for it instead of junk food, OR just make your own ramen and utilize the ingredients in multiple dishes instead of the reverse and eating ramen spaghetti.

You might fool other poor people user but those of us that shop at real stores with actual money know a ribeye alone would set you back more than 6 dollars. Stop fronting.

This.
Not that I really agree that you can't eat healthy for the equivalent of what you would spend on junk food or takeout.
But 6 dollars for that is unrealistic.

Well don't be completely retarded. First you must define "dollar". This is a US southern dollar. Choice ribeye here goes for 16/lb. It was on sale at 8/lb. It's a 10oz cut with about a dollars worth of potato. I failed to allow for mushrooms and butter so yeah...7 bucks.

I amended to 7 dollars...forgot butter and shrooms but yeah... That's an accurate cost in us dollars

Faggot sometimes. Liar no.
No reason.

Arguing about cost aside that looks pretty tasty op, if anything you deserve kudos for actually being able to cook

You are a fool. Yes ribeye is 12-16 per pound. Only morons actually buy it at full price. Wait for the sales. Decent ribeye is regularly available at 6-10 per pound.

Thank you user I can cook.

I'd suck a dick for some of that steak

well, well, well... i think we have come to an arrangement.

Why are the mashed potatoes so yellow? Is that butter?

>caramelized mushrooms
Now why would you ruin a perfectly good meal with a food as awful as mushrooms?

why be like this?

Why would you reply knowing your opinion is worthless? Its like someone who's lactose-intolerant offering their opinion on ice cream. Go sit somewhere and stay quiet.

>I have the palate of a 7 year old

Q
Why no cigarettes or vodka? Are you man?

All I see is a slice of steak with a big mound of feces plated next to sewage and potatoes..
10/10 would eat.

You're too young to be here.

Looks fucking amazing as usual OP

Looked good except for
>onion skin under thyme

>$6 for one meal
>poor
lol

"How poor were you?!"
"I was so poor I would only spend $6 on a single meal!"
*crickets*

they're yukon golds, not yukon silvers. legendary canadian potato springs from the womb of the earth coloured perfectly

>Canadian

yea, let's see what that costs you anywhere besides bumfuck kansas

>looks like 8+ ounce ribeye - 8ish
>mushrooms are fucking expensive - 4ish
>potatoes, sure

Congrats dude you just paid 12 dollars for a meal that is probably like, 1k calories. Meanwhile I'll eat beans and rice for 10x less cost for equivalent calories.

The lack of perspective is what's destroying civilization.

$6 for ribeye? Where do you shop it's $13/lb where I live.

>Spends 90 dollars a week on food
>Calls himself poor
Sure thing, kid

you aren't poor

Looks good OP, but could use some form of vegetable like broccoli.

I like ramen. A lot.

I'll never understand why people say ramen is cheap.
10 packets of ramen is what, 1kg? I can buy 1kg of spaghetti for less than £1 (~73 cents). You then have a money left over for protein, vegetables, dry seasonings, etc, while still probably costing less than ramen.

Couldn't agree more.

I spend $170 a month and I still have frozen deli meats and supplies left over into the next month.

>This meal required six dollars

Hardly.
>Ribeye - $6-$8 per lb
>Mushrooms - $3-4 per pack
>Yukon taters - $3-$4 a pack
>One bowl, If we assume ceramic - $10
>Cutting board - $15
> Hot tefal pan - $13-$20
>A direct heat source, ideally a stovetop - $300-$500

You're not poor OP. Don't even try.

He already explained the cost.

why did you slice it up like that before eating it? it's just going to get cold faster.

This is Veeky Forums. You dont post steak without slicing it or the autists will insist it is overcooked.

Yes. Its 16/lb here. You wait until its on sale.

Youre a moron. 12/16 per pound. Its not a 1 pound steak. Stores often run ribeye at 8-10 per pound so an 8oz portion can be 4-5 dollars.

OP here. Not sure why people are having trouble with the price.
It was a 12oz ribeye for which i paid 5 and some change. Harris Teeter was running a special and then it was marked down again because it was "old". The potatoes... 1 dollar for a 5lb bag. Also marked down. That means the mashed potato on my plate with butter salt and herbs set me back about 15 cents. Onions... Its a 1.29 for 3lbs. Thats about half an onion so thats about 10 cents. The mushrooms were also marked down to 1 dollar. Thats 1/4 of the shrooms so 25 cents. Olive oil was probably about 16 cents salt and pepper about 3. Thyme came from my yard. So yeah... Still 6 bucks...under 7 if you want to whine about energy costs.

Good eye whomever spotted the undercooked onion. Not actually skin.

I guess my point is that even when money is tight you can still prepare great meals that dont come from a box or freezer. Just learn to cook. Reheating, rehydrating and microwaving are not forms of cooking.

very nice user
I also pity the fools that eat shit on daily basis.
Especially those in western countries- like nigga I've worked in fucking Starbucks in UK and been able to buy ocean fish and beef from local butchers- it ain't that hard if you don't spend all your money on stupid shit.
But even in my not-so-easy-to-live Poland I'm able to eat good, you just need to be think a little- buy whole chicken instead of expensive breasts, look for promotions, buy vegetables that are cheap in current season, cook more food at once and froze some of it.
It's not fucking rocket science

That's a perfectly fine meal, especially considering the price. You're just showing your bitternes my friend.

That one meal would be better for you than 10 packets of ramen. Ramen is fucking sodium and nothing else. You should check out the research on heart disease in housewives in Korea because of how much ramen they eat.

People think it's cheap because they can't cook, and it's cheaper than other pre-made meals.

OP again...
Should also point out that i only ate half the steak so with the remaining mashed potato and caramelized mushroom/onions i got two full meals for less than 8 dollars...and none of it came out of a box.

300 gram of broccoli - 50 cent
80 gram of brown rice - 25 cent
250 gram of chicken thighs - 1.25 dollar

Just got yourself a healthy meal for 2 dollar.

Phone pics of food are usually gross. This however looks bretty gud. But for me sweety its loaded baked potato no mashed.

gorgeous.
nice job.

>heres a 2 dollar recipe for fuck my life