What method of coffee preparation is the best? How would you compare a drip machine to a french press...

What method of coffee preparation is the best? How would you compare a drip machine to a french press, and are nespresso machines that much of a step down from espresso machines? Are dolce gusto machines trash or comparable to other methods?

I personally use a french press and a really cheap espresso machine, and I'm considering other options.

french press is top tier, coffee machines are for gay nuggets.

not saying it's "the best", but i've always loved a nice pourover. it's easy, quick, little cleanup, and gives you lots of control.

Espresso

No other coffee gives you a clean, concentrated shot with a thick crema which forms the base for so many other coffee drinks:

- Short black
- Macchiato
- Long Black
- Flat White
- Caffe Latte
- Cortado
- Doppio
- Cappuccino
- Mocha
- Affogato

Moka pots are great.

if I put that much work into a single espresso it'd feel wrong pouring milk and sugar all over it

nespresso like all podshit is garbage

sugar doesn't belong anywhere near espresso. on the other hand properly textured milk is a perfect compliment and elevates the drinking experience. gibralter is the patrician preparation (or cortado without the turbinado sugar)

What exactly do you use in a french press? Coffee Oil? Can you not use ground beans?

Exactly why I use stevia.

Walmart brand instant coffee black, barely warmer in room temperature

I use a pour over with a metal filter and I have a kettle set to 200 degrees. Comes out nice. Might need to get a bigger one though, doesn't fill up my thermos enough and making 2 batches is a pain.
Sometimes I add espresso to it as well

Aeropress is my favourite but I think french press is the easiest to produce a consistent good cup of coffee

Sounds like you need to lay off the soy milk.

for hot brewed coffee a pourover is best. cold brew i think is the best overall but not fun to drink in winter. espresso drinks are good but it's different enough from brewed coffee that i wouldn't compare them as if they were the same product

>bought a french press
>it didn't cost much at all but cleaning it is a pain in the ass
>thinking about trying pourover but would feel bad not using the press
fuck

Use your french press for tea, texturing milk, and occasional cold brew

You're half right, I listed Mocha and affogato because they are made with espresso and taste delicious as a dessert.

This guy gets it.
The general rule is that good coffee doesn't require any sugar to make it taste good. Black or with water (long black) or textured milk are usually all you need.

Use the press for something else, someone had beans in theirs on here a few hours ago, like baked beans - get creative.

Consider a Chemex. Hipster elitists will tell you an aeropress, but that's essentially the same as what you have. The Chemex always wins coffee maker comparisons and whatnot. It's about $40, is a beautiful piece of glass, and is made in the USA. A pour over method and you'd have a nice trifecta of choices. Would recommend a V60, but America first.

What if I'm not from America so I care more about quality over local brands?

Plus Aeropress was made by an American guy, and I'm pretty sure Hipster elitists would recommend pourovers as well.

What? You just use coarsely ground coffee.

Well... The chemex is still nice tbqhwyf

I have a Faber Superfast percolater that I got at a resale shop 8 years ago for like $6. I think it was about 20 years old when I bought it, use it every single morning and it works great. Don't know that it's the best possible coffee but I don't really like french press and a good espresso machine is thousands of dollars.

Also have a Kuerig that I use for the occasional quick cup like a afternoon decaf. It's OK if you use good pods.

I don't understand how you came the conclusion you'd use an oil in this, but you want coarse grind coffee.