What actually happens if you don't eat? People always say it will kill you...

What actually happens if you don't eat? People always say it will kill you, but who here has actually tried to starve to death? I think you'd get hungry but nothing else would ever happen.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marasmus
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kwashiorkor
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

your stomach eats itself

kek. how does something more retarded than the day before always appear here?

try it

You'd probably just fall asleep and never wake up. I know when I wound up not eating for two, three days at a time I would be so tired I'd just lay in bed.

you can get headaches and have seizures after a few days.

I ate the bare minimum to survive for quite a few months because of self loathing and became afraid of eating. I didn't go number 2 for a while and when I finally did feel like I should it was a nightmare. My muscles were so weak that when I laid on my side my asshole would actually relax and open making a soft inhaling noise. I was so skinny and could fuck anyone if I didn't hate myself so much but it was a complete hell, would not recommend.

That's not lethal though

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marasmus

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kwashiorkor

I have watched people die of starvation. It takes a long time and they look dead long before they actually are. That one guy in Se7en looked pretty close to reality actually.

When energy stops entering the body. It starts to harvest itself to stay alive, this is known as ketosis and you can survive for months on it in some cases. First it burns through fats, when it runs out it starts to burn through muscle. When you run out of muscle you start to burn your organs for energy, whcich eventually leads into death.

seizures can be. you can stop breathing or hit your head.

This board is fucking retarded. I fasted last months. No food at all for almost two weeks. No juice or soup either. It takes your stomach 2 or 3 days to get used to food again and after that everything is back to normal.

This is very wrong. First all the sugars are consumed, this takes up one day max. After that your muscle mass will be converted into energy, and also a little bit of body fat. After four days of no solid food this ratio flips and it is mostly fat reserves that are eaten away

you do know people die of anorexia, right?

That makes way more sense. I figured food is pretty much optional

two weeks of fasting is fucking nothing, even a month of starvation wouldn't kill you as long as you still drank water
your body slowly breaks down for nutrients and you eventually die

>I think you'd get hungry but nothing else would ever happen

Personal experience here. The first 3-4 days are horrible but after that you feel completely fine. Honestly I felt more relaxed and happy than usual. I only went about a week and a half so idk what would happen if you actually went to the point of starving. Before I weighed 218 pounds and after I was 200 pounds.

Let's pretend his passion was Nascar driving...

Christopher McCandless sets off, from California in an old car he rebuilt himself (he replaced the fenders and painted it), on a trip to the Daytona 500. He only gets across the state line when he runs out of fuel because he forgot to fill it up. Instead of simply walking to the nearest gas station or flagging down help he decides to push his car over an embankment and set it on fire. He then proceeds to walk on foot to the nearest car lot (which happens to be in Mexico for some reason, mostly because he burned up his map in the car and he's been taking backroads.) He finds an old bicycle in a garbage dump and uses that.

He finally gets to the car lot and buys a fixer-upper for $50. Before leaving the car lot he has to change a tire, which he replaces with the solid rubber donut. He buys fuel and heads off to the Daytona 500 again. Only he's heading deeper into Mexico and eventually ends up broken down in front of, "Autodromo Internacional de la Jolla" due to no water in the radiator. The engine block has seized up. Luckily, there's a race about to start. Christopher...er "Alexander Superspeeder", who changed his name, pays the $125 entry fee for the race.

Unfortunately, Alexander Superspeeder doesn't have a race car. He does however have an old bicycle still. He uses the bicycle to race. He makes it only 3 laps before he is too tired to steer straight and veers off into a race car and is killed.

Some Jew picks up his story and writes a book about his life and how he followed his dreams. Another Jew makes a movie about it. Armchair racers around the world adore him.

The End.

you probably are obese. a normal weight person would problems with that.

who, what, where, when, why?

someone else fasting here
you feel like fucking trash for the first weeks but then you just get used to it
literally the best of the best possible weight loss programs you can do, having selfcontrol is amazing
the headache thing is easily avoidable by just putting some table salt in your water daily

It's obviously not healthy for you but you won't die from a day or two. Might take around a month, depending on how much body fat you have stored. Wild animals will go weeks without catching prey. That said, symptoms will most likely be a complete lack of energy and focus. After a while your brain will essentially tell you to stop moving in order to save energy.

You will die within three or four days if you don't have any water though, which is a TERRIBLE way to go.

I'd tell you but I'm dead X.X

Not eating isn't bad for you. I'm fasting right now, five days without food. Look up water fasting or go to Veeky Forums and find the fasting general thread.