Is shark meat considered exotic?

Is shark meat considered exotic?

Only if you live on land

They are literally going extinct because chinks won't stop eating its fins.

It is in America unless you live in some areas of the coasts

This. I remember hearing Floridans like to grill up steaks from some of the smaller and abundant species of reef sharks or something lkke that.

Probably since they piss through their skin. Some people find the faint taste of urine in their meat pleasant, so whatever gets you off.

I got it at Fire and Ice back when those were still a thing. I feel like that excludes it from being labeled exotic.

It’s funny how culturally divided the U.S. is. In all Midwest areas barring Chicago, food doesn’t go past frozen bullshit.

Most americans live in some areas of the coasts, dum dum. Shark is common as fuck.

shark meat is basically inedible

No

>i'm a flyover
>therefore you're wrong

Nice argument.

Shark meat is considered eating urine.

I've never tasted anything worse. It's piss-fish.

Let me rephrase, most relevant americans live in some areas of the coasts, dum dum.

I've had several different kinds, the only one I like is Mako shark. Black tip is disgusting.

i heard trump is very afraid of sharks

Me & my friends get no respect
what did scooby do that we neglect?

The fat fuck is afraid of everything, but that's off topic.

I grew up in SWFL. I've eaten black tip and nurse sharks. Sometimes when we caught them offshore fishing we would keep it gut it immediately and drain the blood out. We would cut into steaks and coat with blackening seasoning. I was kid and didn't think it was that great but my dad loved it. We didn't ever try to catch them though, we mostly wanted grouper and snapper. I wouldn't bother eating them now though considering the mercury content.
what do you mean by common as fuck? ive only maybe seen it in a restaurant once or twice in my life. most of my fishing friends wouldn't eat it either. It's almost a gimmick like eating alligator.

ME AND MY FRIENDS GET NO RESPECT

I've only had it once and only seen it offered once. Then again, I'm in flyover country and haven't seen the ocean in over 15 years. It was OK, I wouldn't order it again.

It's normally the staple fish & chips fish.

>Probably since they piss through their skin. Some people find the faint taste of urine in their meat pleasant, so whatever gets you off.
This.
No one eats shark unless they are a blooming idiot on several fronts. Sustainable fishing it is not. There is no legal commerical shark fishing, but that isn't the only reason you won't see it on menus or on the platee. You only ever catch them for what is a sort of dying sport, or just by accident while trying to land other fish. Everyone takes a look up next to the boat, never brings it onboard, and, then, simply, cuts the line or hook (if possible) and releases it.
They're dangerous onboard and it's how you'll lose a leg, when they wake up an hour later and start thrashing again.

Icelanders eat hakarl, the carefully aged shark that takes months to get the pissy ammonia out of it. Yea, it's rotten. It might keep someone alive and still tastes like piss, but also faintly like parmesan cheese. That would be the rotten part.

I won't eat skate either. It's dumb.
>Most americans live in some areas of the coasts, dum dum. Shark is common as fuck.
You seem the dum dum (sic).

This is true for Australia, and maybe New Zealand, but I'm not sure that's the case for the rest if the world.

Also, for international readers, we call it 'flake' here in Australia.

It's pretty bland in flavour too.

WHAT DOES SCOOBY DO THAT WE NEGLECT?

Any reason they don't use the rest of the shark?