Have you ever thought about getting rid of some things and fitting your entire kitchen into one stock pot...

Have you ever thought about getting rid of some things and fitting your entire kitchen into one stock pot? Metal food tray and bowl, spork, cutting knife, small cutting board, wood spoon and spatula, small cast iron skillet, towels, kitchen brush, etc.? What are your must-haves?

If nothing else, let's throw together a house-warming gift for someone moving into their first apartment, dorm, home, etc. It should assume the person knows how to cook and can think outside the box. For example, you don't need a colander to eat pasta. You can cook the pasta in the sauce by adding a bit of water.

Other urls found in this thread:

blog.blueapron.com/heres-how-to-finish-pasta-like-a-pro/
foodnetwork.com/fn-dish/2012/12/finish-pasta-in-the-sauce
seriouseats.com/2014/05/does-pasta-water-really-make-difference.html
mariobatali.com/ten-most-important-pasta-cooking-tips/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I'm not a buddhist

>For example, you don't need a colander to eat pasta. You can cook the pasta in the sauce by adding a bit of water.

You shouldn't buy anyone any food or cooking related gifts, OP. In fact, you should probably never post here again.

Why? The best pasta dishes are cooked directly in the sauce without parboiling first.

that's what i'm doing, well i'm keeping my saucepan

What happens when you need to use the pot, Einstein?

> oh hold on. i need to decant my entire fucking kitchen out before we cook

I store 3 saucepans in my stock pot.

>Have you ever thought about getting rid of some things and fitting your entire kitchen into one stock pot?

No, Im not poor and also don't tend to think about retarded things

When I asked the question, I didn't realize you were going to be such a faggot.

Kid never talk to my pasta ever again

>one stock pot
Lmao, no. A single stock pot is pretty ridiculous.
I've cut down my kitchen to fit into a single 18-gallon plastic tote before, though.

>Have you ever thought about getting rid of some things and fitting your entire kitchen into one stock pot?
No, but now you've got me thinking about my car camping setup.

>Source: My Ass

i'd link kenji's article on finishing in sauce but you'd just bitch about that because you're a stupid cunt

Pastasciutta is not meant to be boiled in sauce and Mr. Kenji can come talk to me

>I'd link any kind of source but I can't because it doesn't exist
lol

blog.blueapron.com/heres-how-to-finish-pasta-like-a-pro/
foodnetwork.com/fn-dish/2012/12/finish-pasta-in-the-sauce
seriouseats.com/2014/05/does-pasta-water-really-make-difference.html
mariobatali.com/ten-most-important-pasta-cooking-tips/
alright, since you're a retard baby that has to be spoonfed, all of these articles recommend finishing pasta in sauce
please tell me all about how you are more qualified than mario batali. i'll wait

This is literally all saying that you should cook your pasta in a pot until it's al dente, then add it into the sauce. Are you fucking retarded? Do you not know what "finishing" means? But please, tell me how wasn't you now or something. Because this is clearly not what this whole thread was about.

Not him, but you still don't need a colander for that.

I guess you don't but it sure does help a lot. Good luck cooking orzo or something without a colander.

I never even mentioned colanders, who cares

>The best pasta dishes are cooked directly in the sauce without parboiling first.

>proceeds like link a bunch of articles where the pasta is parboiled first

I know cooks are retarded, but are you a cook for retards?

What are you supposed to do when you need to use the giant pot then, wise guy? Just leave all your shit lying around since now you're using the empty space for other things? Just keep your kitchen organized normally, there's no need to stuff literally everything into a pot like a teenager hiding his dirty linen in a closet.

People who use colanders rather than finishing the pasta in the sauce with a little bit of starch water.

You mean after they boiled the pasta in a regular pot? And I still never mentioned colanders you brainlet

You put a cup under the colander to catch some of the starch water. Your meals are obviously still made by Mommy. Any cook knows this trick.

No because i dont hate myself.

no, you use tongs or a spider to pull the pasta. Brainlet, you should let your mom cook as you seem to suck at it.

>no, you use tongs or a spider to pull the pasta
I'm sure that works really well with macaroni or orzo.

this looks great for sour kraut or headcheesing

>or a spider
Yeah, works great.

he means a pasta server, not an Asian fried food spider.

Um, spiders are literally an Asian utensil, though.

Didn't I just say that?

>pasta server,
the fuck is a pasta server?

google it, retard

na fuck off cunt, i'll just use a spider.

Too stupid to use google images. You're the dumb cunt.

what a great thread this turned out to be. OP, this is your fault.

I call it my, "camp kit." Because, that's what I do for all my cooking needs for camping.

>"camp kit."
Mine is a basque, stockings and high heels. But only at weekends.

... no?

>OP, this is your fault.

Yeah, I know. I only ever actually posted one reply and it was this one Then people replied to my repliers and they assumed it was me replying.

This thread had potential, but too many grown ass men thinks its ok to have worthless and petty arguments on a cooking board. This isn't a debate board, take your pathetic squabbling elsewhere.

it's called a chopping board