Cocktails

The Moscow Mule with Monopolowa vodka, & Bundaberg ginger beer is probably the most tasty cocktail.

Discuss.

Would like side of chicked tendies with that, little sir?

Oh please, the only thing that makes a drink manly is if its served in a lowbal glass

Moscow mule is pretty good, but the margarita remains my favorite.

You like mohitos?

I have no strong opinion on them.

I prefer Tito's and Propeller

I like a Dark n Stormy some times.

Heh, this

For me?

Heh ill have some WHISKEY a real mans drink right my ck men?

Eww, whiskey is gross and too strong. For me, a nice appletini or Pina Colada goes great with tendies.

>not chili vodka and Jamaican ginger beer

Woah bro you come in a thread about cocktails and talk about WHISKEY

You sir have won my internets!

dude relax. some of us just arent manly enough to handle that hardcore western whiskey ok??

I like mojitos but half of my friends are bartenders and I constantly hear them bitching about them so I don't order them. Same for anything blended.

Dark n’ Stormys

why are they bitching about mojitos?

For me, it's the negroni

I like Old Fashioneds. I get to taste the whiskey but it's not as strong and overpowering.

I just finished my negroni and it was delicious

Hey ive never had one of these. How well does the rum pair with ginger compared to vodka?

I'd rather a humble mug vodka.

What do people think about Fernet and Cola?

Aperol Spritz

It's a waste of Fernet.

I will not drink out of a faggy copper mug. I don't want that impure shit leaching into my drink. Is there any way to order a moscow mule in a glass cup?

where my nyquil old fashioned bois at?

here's a dayquilroni for you:
1.5 oz Gin
1.5 oz Sweet vermouth
.75 oz Campari
.75 oz DayQuil

Yeah, you say "can I get that in a glass cup?" to the waiter/bartender you dense fuck.

what the hell

sorry i forgot the old fashioned recipe:
1.5 oz Bourbon or rye whiskey (Bulleit Rye or Wild Turkey 101, recommended)
1 oz Sleepytime simple syrup*
15 ml NyQuil
1 dash Angostura bitters
2 dashes Regans’ Orange Bitters No. 6

here's that Sleepytime Simple Syrup:
Cold-steep one bag of Celestial Seasonings Sleepytime Herbal Tea in pre-made simple syrup (1 part water, 1 part sugar) for 1-2 minutes, depending on how much of the tea flavoring you want to incorporate

Went to Bermuda a few months ago and drank those the entire trip. Would recommend.

I don’t know that vodka would be very good. D n’ S use dark spicy rum that goes really well with the ginger beer and a squeeze of lime juice.

I don't know if it's the best but it's certainly one of the most refreshing.

pic related + lemonade or Sprite is best drink

stop drinking out of copper you're poisoning yourself

We're drinking alcohol we don't give a shit about poison.

For me it’s the whiskey sour
You better have a vagina between your legs...

nope, just not ashamed to drink something that actually tastes good

Heh this

Whiskey is a real mans drink

Flavored vodka doesn’t taste better than regular vodka, it just ruins the flavor of your mix. The lemon flavor in your vodka does not taste better than lemonade. It doesn’t enhance the drink.

I'm sure it's fine, but in my experience Bundaberg ginger beer tends to be a bit on the sweet side. I prefer the Thomas Henry stuff personally, not as sweet but with plenty of kick.
You can't really go wrong with the "buck" template drinks (ginger beer, lime/lemon, base spirit). I remember making a really good Tijuana Mule with Kah tequila blanco a while ago.

Relatively labour intensive, what with the muddling and swizzling. It's fine when you make one for yourself, or a couple for friends, but I imagine having to crank them out during a busy shift will get annoying very quickly.

Drinks are about $10 per glass where I live so I prefer to make them at home. That leads me to very simple cocktails that require ingredients that dont spoil if I forget about them: whisky sour, martini, whisky served up. I really enjoy mint juleps but mint only lasts so long and its not quite summer yet.

Any other recommendations of fairly simple cocktails with very long lasting ingredients?

Muddling a bit isnt a big deal plus i mean its their job

I prefer mules with various types of whiskeys. gives it more of a bit. usually 2 wedges of limes mixed in

I recently became a gin rickey fan. It has a clean, refreshing taste that goes well with almost any sort of food. You can also modify it with different liquors or a splash of other fruits like berries.