vocaroo.com/i/s00nakAZZQi4

Other urls found in this thread:

garlicmatters.com/fishermans-eggs/
vocaroo.com/i/s00nakAZZQi4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

here's a (You), and frankly that's more than this thread is worth

Based /deenz/ poster

this is incredibly autistic and based as fuck

I just ate a can of sardines too quickly and some went down my windpipe and I ended up having to wipe a quarter can of half chewed sardines off the wall. Doesn't feel good.

You tried a bit too hard, but still, i enjoyed it. Deenz be good.

Opinions on sprats?

No experience desu. Its rare in my country.

On the other hand, herring and mackerel are high in supply.

good

Ok im a fucking idiot, sprots are techincally herring.

Why bother with canned herring though? Raw, salted herring is a fine delicacy.

tell me you guys don't eat deenz straight out of the can, I always heat it up in a pan for 5 minutes or if I'm in a hurry pop that shit in the microwave for 1 minute

HOT DEENZ COMIN THRU

>Ok im a fucking idiot, sprots are techincally herring.
No they are just from the same family, and so are sardines. You wouldn't say sardines are technically herring. They are all different.

I got jewed out of some delicious kippered snacks today
pop open the can and see like a 6th of the fish isn't there
total bullshit

what brand is that?

Cold deenz > hot deenz

Why would you fucking even.

I'm a sucker for these viral marketing campaigns, and tried some canned sardines last week for the first time. Really enjoyed them. So far my favorite has been smoked oysters with a glass of bourbon on ice.

Beach Cliff
they were on clearance for $.50 a can so I grabbed a few, the other two were full but this one was missing that chunk.

nice

Just ate sardines and kipper snacks today for the first time in about a year. What a mistake it was to have gone so long without these wonderful treats. Sadly, there was only one can of sardines in EVOO at the store.

>tfw you get your coworkers to try deenz

th-thanks Veeky Forums, now everyone thinks I'm even crazier than before. They admitted it was pretty good though.

>microwaving deenz

This canned seafood meme has hit me hard. I'm thinking about checking some specialty stores the next county over and seeing what brands they have.

Is canned shrimp any good? I noticed some at walmart the other day and I'm curious about it.

Absolutely! Welcome to flavor country!

deen ween - deenz

I ate a can by itself once and wasn't very impressed. I'm sure it would be good as an ingredient, maybe in a salad or ramen.

Goes great with 'cha as a cocktail sauce

My mum is so nice. I was napping yesterday (I work nights) and when I got up I found a bag of King Oscars and smoked oysters sitting on my chair.
I hope you deenz lads also have nice mothers.

I've found mackerel to be better. I alternate between the two daily though. King Oscar is best brand.

>Yeah, whatever you say boss
Based deenz poster.

>getting home from work
>crack open a can of deenz
>see this thread
>listen to based OP while eating my deenz

comfy as fuck

>tfw the canned fish shadow inflitration was a minor success.

Leave your email and I'll mail you a can, bought way too many and burnt out.

I love deenz from a can. Any other fish with a similar flavor?

is this meme worth my time?

Tell me how you eat deenz

memes aside canned fish are great for you provided you eat small fish and eat from sustainable sources

Sprats (not sure whether that’s what they’re called in English) are even better desu

put them in your mouth and chew

Have you motherfuckers had はんぺん (happen)? It's a Japanese fish paste cake. In Shizuoka, the prefecture it is originally from, it is made from sardines and called 黒はんぺん (kurohanpen) because of its black color.

I ran out of canned deenz today, but I got to have some fried hanpen for lunch and it was fantastic.

For fuck's sakes autocorrect, はんぺん (hanpen) is not happen.

Pure deenz

this made me happy

I genuinely really like sardines and other tinned seafood. The memes are just a bit of a goof but they really are good.

some cheeky canner probably nipped some deenz on your dime

>heating canned fish
what the fuck

>no picture with a ranking of all the different deenz brands
>no pics with tips of other amazing tinned seafoods

I'm still stuck here with canned tuna like a sucker because I don't know where to start

Try canned mackerel fillets. They taste like tuna but better

From there work your way through kipper snacks, trout and herring fillets, canned salmon fillets, and sardines in various sauces (just in water or oil is kinda boring so i aim for hot sauce or with chilis)

If you're feeling adventurous, try canned oysters and mussels. They pair great with cheesy crackers and make for an excellent fishing snack.

Now go grocery shopping!

This made my day

Fellow /deen/erz

What do you recommend for getting the fishy smell off my fingers? Sometimes regular hand soap just doesn't cut it and it annoys the hell out of my gf

realtalk where do you boys buy your deenz, there's no selection at my local grocer and i don't want to order a pallet at a time from amazon

>Raw, salted herring is a fine delicacy.

hhhng

Walmart has a surprisingly good selection. Asian markets also have all kinds of good things you won't find in American stores.

Finger bang your gf

King Oscar smoked oysters are my favorite canned seafood. Mackerel is great and very versatile. Smoked herring (kippers) is absolutely delicious. Trader Joe's has a smoked trout that is amazing. For sardines, just pick a brand and try it out. I get everything in oil (preferably olive or maybe canola).

Already being done, that's the problem

Why is Chicken of the Sea so much cheaper?

Because it's so much shittier.

How are they? I saw some Beach Cliff deenz in mustard sauce at my local dollar store but didn't pick them up.

What's the best mustard sauce deenz? I like it conceptually, and often eat smoked with some good mustard, but all the ones canned in mustard have been lackluster.

I like both

>microwave deenz
>kitchen now smells like cthulu's taint with a ten year half life

Went back to the store, still out of King Oscar EVOO sardines. Ended up buying a few cans of pic related, made with refined olive oil. I like herring from this brand so these should be good. The design of the can with the transparent plastic top is kinda cool too, and useful to judge quality by appearance.

sprats are GOAT

You've never cooked up some deenz with eggs? That's a good breakfast right there, I tell ya hwat.

I think the general consensus around here is that Beach Cliff are in the "it's better than nothing" category of deenz. They'll still get the job done but most others are better.

I had htose last week, was oiled with light smoke flavor very good texture and firmness. One of my favorites so far.

try king oscar mackerel

They are so soft and fall apart with hardly any flavor but for the price, they are ok.

nothing like washing down a plate of deenz smothered in vark and cha with a yummy sip to make jack carbonara wife's son's bull's soyboy

any way you like... straight from the can, eat with crackers, fry in olive oil and toss with tomato sauce, raisins, pine nuts and pasta, etc

break up with gf

sounds interesting, does sardine bones make the eggs crunchy?

Obviously not

user please

on saltines or triscuits with a dollop of hot mustard or hot sauce

Who making a comfy fisherman's eggs for a late lazy breakfast tomorrow?

Looks nice, what's in that? Spinach, mushrooms, and deenz, then crack a few eggs on top?

Breddy much.

I have to hold off on the deenz. My mom said I'm losing too much weight too fast and deenz are a staple. I asked her to buy me fresh deenz or smelt. She agreed to make me fried smelt. I'm a lucky boy

I love this recipe I found:
garlicmatters.com/fishermans-eggs/

works good with hot sauce

I dig it OP, very mellow.

Okay, for those who have tried both King Oscar Sardines (whichever variety) and Baltic Gold Riga Sprats, which do you prefer?? I almost hate to say it because KO is my first deenz love, but the riga sprats might have displaced them as my absolute tippety-top favorites.

the two fishy scents should just blend together then

what

What's crazy about sharing food you like?
Stop being so nervous user you're a pretty cool dood I would eat your deenz

Stop it
Get some help

dude any fish from the baltic sea is quite literally poisonous.

Have any of you guys tried Spanish style deenz?

those are rings dingus

>vocaroo.com/i/s00nakAZZQi4
oh shit my dude DEENZ OFFICIAL THEME SONG
ill have this in my head next time I pop a can

dont lie you took a bite out haha

why are deenz threads so comfy

its like I have found my people

mom is now always on the look out for deenz and kippers. being a loved neet is the life

the herring kippered or in hot sauce and mackerel which has a chicken like consistancy

That feel, no loving mom to buy me ‘deenz.

deenz hunting is fun as fuck you never know what brands they got in the wild

>be me drunk as a skunk
>had a box of chicken biscuit crackers
>king oscar sardines
>elevate to heavenly cheap flavorful snack heaven

Man I love deenz fried together with mushrooms and chopped tomatoes, and served on a bed of spinach, mighty fine snack or light meal. Gona whip one up later in the week when all my fishcakes are used up

>deenz and chicken in a biskit crackers

My god, I will try that shit ASAP