The god tier work shoe

>he doesn't wear nonslips crocs

Also kitchen work shoe thread

I cum on my boss' feet. She's in her 40s but I take a chance when I get it to get up in life. She's okay. Not ugly. Old. She blew me in her Chrysler. Let me cum in her mouth. These shoes are gay bro

A truly shit thread

Those must be the Flavor Town edition

Great thread, user, don't let anyone tell you otherwise

have you ever actually tried them?

yes

Good shoes to wear while cooking is not a Veeky Forums thread, it's a Veeky Forums thread. If the topic was "good food to make while wearing shoes" it would be fitting. But this thread is about shoes, not food.

They're comfortable and weigh practically nothing.
The last hospital where I worked banned them because there was a worry they could cause buildup of static electricity that could interfere with the machines. Pretty sure nobody ever did any actual research on that before banning them, though.
I switched to a pair of Ecco sandals, with socks of course, after that.

It's equipment/clothing for working in a kitchen. Which board do you think the knife threads should go on, little policeman?

It's related to cooking. This is a cooking board.that means that equipment can be included

>something that directly impacts your ability to cook isn't Veeky Forums
Unironically kill yourself

>working in a hospital with an open toe shoe.
It's like you want your toes amputated or infected

I've seen a lot of cooks wear these but am averse to getting them because I've heard they're bad for your feet.

Is it just a meme?

i use these, they're fine

Crocs are shit. Enjoy your mangled and destroyed feet when Pedro slips and spills boiling water or oil on the floor.

Pic related is the ultimate in cookware footwear.
>high center of balance
>expanded reach from advanced height
>stylish
>timeless
>goes with any chef uniform
>the added height gives you a greater sense of authority in the kitchen
>spill-proof, slip resistant design
>sleek, ergonomic design
>allows you to stand in any boiling substance and laugh in the face of danger
>will last decades longer than any pair of crocs

Have some crocs on right now, pretty comfortable honestly.

May I present the next step in ck/ chef shoe
>advance anti-slip technology
>lights make you walk faster
>is fit for any occasion

Looks like someone got lost on the way to plebbit.

Has holes
>hope u enjoy foot braised in beef stock

Yeah they are pretty shit for gardening too decent house shoes.

Steel Toe crocs are the partitions choice.

Now these I can get into.
If they were cleated with stainless steel spikes they would be the perfect shoe.

I wear crocs all year, my summer ones are the green kind and the holes are great because the water drains right out of them when I walk through puddles
in the winter time I have crocs lined with a fleece interior

not sure why people get so insecure when they see me in my crocs, people are always making comments, even going so far as to be outright insulting
I've gotten into a few fights over them but so far everybody has been too pussy to take a swing

know whats worse than wearing crocs? getting made to look like a bitch by someone wearing crocs

personally i think crocks are oogly but masaokis wears em so they must be pretty cool huh.

Shoes for crews is the best choice. Superior traction on wet greasy floors that come in any style you want. Even crocs style.

OP this is a mistake, most of these hambones don't have jobs, much less jobs in the industry.

Now this is innovation.

It's like I take a shower when the shift ends.
If my fingers aren't rotting off why would my toes be?

Pic unrelated. The mystery door in the basement.

I used to wear those and I liked how I could put them in the dishwasher to clean them every night. Then I got these because the kitchens I worked at people were wearing them and it looked more professional.

Except mine are smooth leather not that retarded suede shit.

I see a lot of people wear those Birkenstock shoes, why do they wear those I wonder. Seems like shitty shoe to walk fast in

The only way they stay on is with the toe-ridge that you have to grip. I used them in kitchens but now I just wear them as my in-and-around the house slippers.

Those kitchen crocs kick ass. They are both the most comfortable and the stupidest looking clogs I've ever worn. If your shifts are 12+ hours, I'd recommend them. If you're out in front of customers often, I'd probably go with something less goofy.

One problem: the non-slip soles start coming off after about a year and you have to glue them back on or toss 'em. I just started wearing an old pair without the soles at home going for walks and I can't kill them. The sole-less shits have refused to wear out after 5 years. It's like a curse. They're really durable, comfortable clown shoes.

That's the problem with crocs the nonslip pads worn off. I blame George soros for this

Looks like autism sandals. Are you that concerned with "comfort" that you can't find something professional looking like all the normal people?

I have owned the ones that OP pictured, and now rock these. Wicked comfy

This is actually an important thread.

My body is in a lot of pain from wearing bad shoes at work. Does anyone have opinions on Sketchers? I saw a couple of their shoes reviewed pretty well for comfort, but I'm concerned about how well they might hold up.

I work in a kitchen, and I wear something similar to pic. I prefer to dress UP

Ive never thought highly of skechers. Then again I had never thought highly of the crocs but I bit the bullet and friggin love the things

Have you tried opening it

Fuck off

For me

How well do they hold up? I walk to and from work and my shoes always wear out twice as fast as everyone else's.

anyone here rivethead in the kitchen?

these if they're steelies

Never understood the crocs meme. I want support and protection in case any mongs spill hot oil or knives everywhere.

Birkenstock Alpro 640 steel toe work clogs, preferably with leather and cork insoles.

>muh board topics aren't allowed to overlap

Someone isn't in the industry.

I wanted to love my Crocs, but my feet are a size 12 wide and a 10 long. Not I only wear my size 11 crocs because I can't find a real fit on anything so why try anything out

guy who posted bacon and egg crossbone crocs here
im a 12 and EEE width.

speak "murica to me cunt

this. I've been wearing shoes for crews for years now. I never used crocs because they're fucking gay

I've been using a $35 Shoes for Crews Crocs knockoff for 4 years for every shift and it's just now starting to show wear. I'm a big fan of plastic no laces shoes now.

In my heart or hearts I know that there is something profoundly boring behind that door, but I still feel the thrill of mystery. I suggest that it is better not knowing what is behind that door, because you can keep the mystery alive.

It might be one of those doors where when you open it matters more.

Get decent insoles for your flats, at least.

Mine lasted 2 years til some of the upper wore away, impressed by the traction
Would have lasted longer if the place o worked at didn't have special sandpaper tiles or whatever.

I had a pair and switched to my old ones almost immediately. I was sliding all over the kitchen in them, not worth it.

I only ever see crocs used for hospitals and fursuit feet

Aldo nonslip shoes.
They're like $60 but are just as comfortable and probably more protective than crocs. Also they look nice, so perfect for picking up those FOH qts

your toes would be crushed by the shield. retarded

>Are you that concerned with "comfort"
Yes? Why would I be uncomfortable just for looks? Besides, this is pretty standard attire where I work. I don't know what they wear in your hospital.

It must remain closed. I don't want to ruin the mystery.

Didn't Mythbusters test that one? Didn't they reach the same conclusion as anyone with a brain does simply by applying logic, i.e. that if it's heavy enough to deform the protective cap it would have destroyed your foot utterly without that cap too? I've had my toes saved by capped shoes a few times but yeah, if you drop a building on them they don't work, retard.

same logic as those retards who think seatbelts in cars are dangerous
>hurr someone told me that if you crash into something super fast while wearing your belt it will injure you so i dont wear my belt

The question is; should we bother correcting them?

My current pair. 8 months deep, I think.

>I wanted to love my Crocs, but my feet are a size 12 wide and a 10 long. Not I only wear my size 11 crocs because I can't find a real fit on anything so why try anything out
I'm female but I also have wide feet that take me up 1 size if I am going by sizes, which then places the arch and metatarsal support in slightly the wrong place. I have seen an increase in brands with lasts made in china and just sized awfully now. I have dumped once trusted brands like rockport , easy spirit and naturalizer for their women's shoes entirely and gone back to euro brands. Even crocs got narrow for women. Mistake. But it was to avoid the wisecracks for people who like to wear them outside of home/beach/pool endeavors. I still travel in croc mary janes which go from TSA to shower shoes with a hygienic washout.

Look at good work boot brands or shoe brands that sell by width, like Red Wing. new balance, rockport (for men). Once you have a durable shoe, get your own sole, and insole. Consider vionic and spenco insoles. Any shoe repair will tack on a nonslip sole that handles grease. There's a lot of nice hiking and work related boots when you start checking brands that do waterproof and winter stuff like at sporting goods stores, even canadian brands. Cabelas, duluth, "safety brands." Birkenstock does sell wide shoes but you'd only find them in a catalog or a specialty walking comfort shoes type store. I think they practice negative heel height,and though a cork insole can mold to your foot, I find clog height are more comfortable with a little lift when working at a bench, such as I do in the laboratory setting and you'd do in a kitchen. Low back and neck rest, and not as much achilles exercise. Thinking of exercise, the cush of a croc is WORK for all those little bones in a foot. As such, crocs are great recovery shoes at night, ahhh feeling. Try alternating firm insoles that are molded with days of cush insoles.

are you rarted?

those crocks are okay for kitchen pariahs, but I catch service personnel with those, they go off the window

shows for crews lmao based user

If you're in the bay area, can I have a job? I'm green as can be but I'm really smart and hard working.

Idk how much of either you'd be, considering you're posting here.

We wear these all the time in Alberta (where I'm from).

Mythbusters also tested the “banging two hammers together will cause them to shatter” myth. They found that banging two hammers together is safe. This is bullshit. I’ve smashed two hammers together and hand the face on one shatter. Mythbusters doesn’t always do their tests right.

I work in a lab and we are absolutely not allowed to have any open toed shoes, crocs or otherwise, idk what chickenshit hospital you work at but they should check up on safety regulations in an antiseptic environment

Oh fuck I remember seeing ads for those.

these fucking shoes. clogs will fuck up your feet hardcore, and most shoes are slip resistant up to a point. they also only last 6 months to a year, tops.

i'm on my third pair of these motherfuckers, and they can last up to two years before wearing out. most comfortable pair of non-slips i've ever worn, and i can fucking walk on water with these fuckers. the sole doesn't have that shitty little corrugated texture that always gets shit stuck in it, so you're spraying them out at the dish tank for fifteen minutes; these get clean in fifteen seconds. also, if you live in the cold ass north, the sole is so wide, they're borderline snow shoes. i will never buy another pair of non-slips for the rest of my cooking career.

i've had my timberland pros for twice that long, and they don't look nearly as shitty.

I usually get the sketcher's slip on work shoes but I think you might have convinced me to get these as my next pair

you posted this on /diy/
don't post this on /diy/ ever again

I actually unironically wear Crocs in the kitchen and they're comfy and easy to clean desu

Everyone in the kitchen at work wears crocs, and one of the cooks has a pair of the exact ones in OP's pic. The owner/head chef who is a woman wears clogs like pic related, but in a glittery purple patent.

i don't even take care of them, they are always covered in grease and all kinds of shit. i abuse the fuck out of them, and they just take it. i've even gotten into the habit of booting the cooler door when i'm coming out, just to warn people on the other side. hell, even the laces are more durable than any other i've had.

only drawback (other than price, which doesn't matter unless you're wearing them to mcdonalds) is they're not waterproof. at least the pair i posted aren't.

>wearing the chef pants with the peppers on them

hurr-duur muh anecdotes

A lab is not a hospital, idiot.
How do you manage to work in one without realising this?

And I assure you I keep to the regulations. I don't live in that one country where people are mortally afraid of eggs, though, so I don't doubt the "standards" are different where you are.

No fucking way