Moved into new apartment for uni

>moved into new apartment for uni
>big beautiful kitchen
>cook three meals per day, every day because I have the space to do so
>eggs benny, full english, curries, stir fries, fajitas, ramen, steak, roasted vegetables, soups, you name it.
>periodically, neighbors will bang on the walls as soon as I start cooking
>figure it's some loud assholes next door, so I shrug it off
>as I'm heading home for midterm break, landlord gives me a """"summons""""" to a "community hearing"
>apparently, he has received "multiple complaints" about my cooking being "aromatic and disruptive."
>when I return from break, I will go before a board of other apartment dwellers to make my case. If I skip, I may be subject to eviction.
>told landlord "okay, sounds good" and I started driving home.
>at a rest stop now and I'm fuming pissed
>wish I would have been more assertive with him
Reading through the summons now. The best part? The plaintiffs do not need to show up the hearing. I will have to argue against their written testimony. My god what the fuck is this.
I'm in the states, btw. Is this even legal?

>being an apartcuck

Holy shit lol

>btw. Is this even legal?
Good question. That shoulds like some next level bullshit.
Is smoking allowed in the flats?

I can afford a studio by myself, share a full-sized house with a bunch of other nerds, or afford a full-sized house by myself in the hood. Option 1 is the best.
Smoking is not allowed, he was pretty clear on that when he showed me around.

You at an American Uni in the age when liberal college kiddies get upset over the smallest fucking thing. This is no different than if you pass by a girl in the hallway saying "excuse me" and she decides to cry rape on you for multiple microaggressions.
Also you need to be turning on the exhaust.

either your cooking is really bad ("curries") or those neighbors should kill themselves

Sounds like your neighbors are jelly fat fucks on a diet.

Feel free to steal that line for your defense.

>tfw severe alcoholic
>constantly moving around apartment from around 1AM to 4 because I need to piss a lot
>downstairs neighbor leaves a note on my door telling me to be more considerate of others
>promptly throw it in the trash
Why would you even complain about someone using their apartment in a normal way?

do you have an exhaust hood op?

Disable the sprinkler system, block every exit and set the apartment building on fire OP. That'll show 'em.

I wish I could do this to people using perfume in their homes

This. What are you cooking, OP?
And have you contacted a lawyer yet?

If you're drunk it's very possible you're making more noise than you realise.

I used to have some very noisy next door neighbours years ago. They'd play loud music, always the same five fucking songs too, and argue loudly all night every night. Obviously both very drunk.
I started out with some polite notes in the mailbox but since they were ignored they got less polite as time went on and eventually things were not very polite at all.
My flat had access to the attic as the only one so I started taking 3rd shifts and leaving a ghettoblaster up there above their bedroom. I'd usually play Sepultura for them
After a couple weeks of that they were suddenly willing to talk and we agreed that maybe they should scream and play music at the 3AM on a Tuesday so much. Can't say I miss those drunk idiots.

It's a terrible shame that things have to get that bad, though. I urge you to respond to your neighbours instead of just ignoring them. IF you really are just moving about normally tell them that. Say you're an insomniac or work odd hours or something, although they probably know the real story anyway.
You don't want a war with your neighbours, man.

Don't cave to those fuckheads. Apartment complexes can develop the scariest fucking social dynamics. I live in one of those myself.
>friend of mine who lives two floors down plays saxophone
>is really good at it
>works as a saxophone teacher to pay for university and living
>always sticks to the laws/house rules
>neighbors start a fucking witch hunt on him
>has been going on for as long as he's been living here
The funny thing is that dozens of other people in this house, myself included, regularly make noise late into the night and never hear a fucking thing form their neighbors.
Your landlord doesn't want to deal with this shit. If you keep denying the neighbors' claims, they'll just throw up their hands at some point and say they can't do anything (which they can't).
Your neighbors are cunts and deserve to move out a million times before you do.

>about my cooking being "aromatic and disruptive"

>Yeah, my cooking is top fucking shit, cunt, thanks.

Cook them some food for the meeting

Haha, that is actually a good idea. Cook them something nice.

You should have moved to the ghetto and gotten a THICC black gf

You sound like a nigger

Dont forget to poison it

You handled it like a bitch boy, retard, so you deserve it.

This is retarded, how the fuck is cooking disruptive. Tell them to get some febreeze or something holy shit. This is the only thing worse than people who don't wear earplugs complaining about noise.

>Cooking is aromatic
Yeah, ideally.
>Cooking is disruptive?
Do they lose control of their bowels when they smell it?
How do they stand going to a mall food court?

We're missing part of the big picture OP. Which state?

Read the list, dudes. It's standard shit. When I say "curries," I'm referring to Indian dishes like saag paneer, daal, and aloo gobi. Stir fries are vegetables + meat cooked on high heat for five minutes. Soups include borscht, chicken and dumpling, and minestrone.
I have not contacted a lawyer because I have little money. Don't want to pay out the ass for something that may be a scare tactic.
Dope, one of my neighbors plays the flute. Sounds good man.
That was one of the things I loved about living in the shitty part of town. Everyone minded their own goddamn business. Loud music? Oh well, my music is loud too. Neighbors smoking weed? Oh well, at least they aren't hotboxing the place. Neighbors walk around all night? Take some melatonin/benadryl/booze and sleep through it. That part was nice.

This. When my neighbors complain that I'm playing guitar too loud I tell them to go fuck themselves

Dont cook indian food in an apartment asshole, the spieces cling to the hallway like fucking death

>told landlord "okay, sounds good" and I started driving home.
You caved like a good little bitch. He now knows that you can play you like a violin and you won't do anything about it.

How about your cram on your apartment rules of conduct, highlight anything that might be realted to your case. If there's anything about cooking being disturbing there, that's a lost case, and might as well find a place that isn't retarded. If there isn't, just laught at them during the "hearing" and leave.

>i should be required to wear earplugs in my own house because assholes like to be loud at 12 at night.

OP I've been there when I went to FSU grad school. If you talk to him again tell him in a very calm tone that you'll only be communicating through email or text from now on. He'll try to play buddy buddy with you but stick to your guns. If he says anything about signing some sort of communication agreement in order to do that or some BS, say go ahead and email me that and copy my lawyer in it too, he's his email address. Also, don't sign anything without a lawyer next to you.

I don't know what state you're in so I don't the specific laws but with landlords and employers you have to bluff them with legal action so that they quit fucking with you, this plan has worked for me multiple times. Hope this helps.

FSU is a shit tier school. Tallahassee is a cesspool.

>moved into new apartment for uni
>apartment for uni
>uni
>going to university in the modern economy
Stop right now. Nothing good will come of it.
Etiher:

a) Go to a trade school
b) Learn coding on your own

And then get a job. If you ever need higher education do it after you have some money saved up.

> I'm referring to Indian dishes like saag paneer, daal, and aloo gobi

You're a PoS, I hope you get evicted

Thanks user just changed my whole life plan because of this post

You'll regret going to the university dude. Mark my words.

I already dropped out now. Thank you based anonymous poster.

Read your post and breezed through the thread. You might as well ignore any shit advice you got because it looks like at no point you or anyone specified what state, which is exponentially more important than that youre from the US. Renters laws are all state/local based and vary wildly
fpbp

Its not a house. Its apartment. Less expectation of solitude.

Better to bake something

How long do you have until the hearing?
Call a lawyer. Show them who's boss.

I hope you kept a copy of your rental agreement, because depending on what's in there, you can drag them over the fucking coals for pulling this shit. If you've been playing by the house rules then they have zero right to do this to you.

Why are you posting pictures of my gf?

What would a lawyer do right now? This is not a legal hearing in a proper court, it's just some bullshit the landlord cooked up. It's not yet time for a lawyer. If the landlord tries to evict OP on the basis of the outcome of this hearing, that's when you get a lawyer, to challenge the eviction.

Indian smells bad and tastes even worse. I hope the OP gets evicted.

I appreciate it

You can't be evicted for smelly food.
I could cook nothing but fish all fucking day and my landlord couldnt do a goddamn thing about it

You can't be evicted for cooking food, come on. Tell your landlord to sit on it and rotate

I got thrown out of my student accomodation and had to move into a shared house with 3 nigerian girls on exchange (I had 2 days and no money to find a place)

they used to cook the most foul shit that made the entire house stink, think soup made with fish broth, created by boiling dried salted fish for several hours.

I tried to complain and I ended up getting a talking to from the landlord myself for it.
They stole my fucking bike too, not even joking. I put it up for sale online a few weeks before I was due to move out and then suddenly it disappeared... from inside the house (I kept it indoors because it was a shitty area)

>shared house with 3 nigerian girls on exchange
I'm sorry dude.

>I'm referring to Indian dishes like saag paneer, daal, and aloo gobi.
Well that explains it. Thread over. Everyone can go home now.

Had a korean housemate who was the same. boiling dried anchovies in soups and shit. it was foul.

Foreigners are fucked in the head.

This. How come they don't just eat hot dogs and dino nuggies like a real person? Fucking savages.

any way you can play a race card?

>aromatic
having a pleasant or distinctive smell
>disruptive
literally impossible, it makes no physical contact or debilitating symptoms.

Make sure to tell them to eat a dick

Go fuck yourself, my dude. I do not buy the "le Indian food is smelly xDDDD" meme. It smells like fucking spices. Stop being racist.
This guy knows what's up. Fucking man children in this M/ck/Donald's forum.

>I do not buy the "le Indian food is smelly xDDDD" meme
Well that's why they're kicking you out of the building.

Amerilards are deathly scared of foods that smell like they have flavor and are so selfish they attempt to enforce the bland 56%er taste on the world. Hence, an exporting of sawdust masquerading as "food," and the fascist smell police shutting down flavor town when someone with taste dares to combine ingredients..

>Is this even legal?
If that is the agreement you signed than yes.