The Halal Guys

Is it worth driving an hour round trip to try The Halal Guys? One just opened here.

They're super fucking overrated, at least five or six regular old street carts I go to regularly are better, and still have the five dollar price point. Not worth it.

No it's pretty bland and they've shrunk the portion sizes a lot. It's all hype.

>The Halal Guys

yeah dude. that food is awesome.

Do europeans really do this?

Not worth it, I've had better food at other quick-service Mediterranean restaurants

It's a cart chain from NY

>from NY
And famous in Europe, for obvious reasons. It appeals more to the new Europeans.

Id say its worth it if you literally have nothing else to do and have never had the chicken-and-rice experience before.

Its good, I enjoy it and get it maybe twice a year, but its not like phenomenally amazing.

It's really only worth it if you
A) Do not live near any other halal food, which is unlikely if you're on Long Island, it sounds like you're closer to Queens
B) If you can get it delivered while baked, which I think is how they got so popular in the first place

I live in TN. This will be my first halal experience.

Oh huh, one just opened on LI too, I just assumed you were there, mea culpa.

I dunno, it's pretty good, but like most chains it's not "hour round trip drive" good.

Hope you choke on your sandnigger food you toothless inbred sister humper

its okay food. its a place i might stop by at if im running errands in the area or on the way home. the sandwich is great, but should be eaten over a plate because the portion might be kind of big. ask for an extra hot sauce to take home.

its especially nice when youre sloshed, still enjoyable if youre high.

I wish we had it in MS but I suppose they're afraid they might get burned at the stake down here.

no, it's garbage compared to actual kebab

>halal
say it backwards it might make you feel stupid.

Go eat there once for the taste/experience then decide from there

I did the same and it was pretty meh overall so never went back

no i dont eat halal since its animal abuse

No one in Europe has heard of this shit fuck off back to pol

How is "The Halal Guys" not the name of a Turkish gay bar?

If I owned an establishment that was a Turkish gay bar I would call it "The Halal Guys." If I had a restaurant that was similar to that establishment, I would call it something that isn't "The Halal Guys."

Halal Guys is pleb halal. It's bland as fuck and they don't even use lamb.

Most random carts in Manhattan or Brooklyn would be better

There's a better place on Long Island in Hicksville, it's open 24/7 too. And of course there's Queens which has Jackson Heights and Astoria.

>How is "The Halal Guys" not the name of a Turkish gay bar?

Probably since halal is a pretty common name and theme in Mediterranean cuisine

mad

>Probably since halal is a pretty common name and theme in Mediterranean cuisine
Idiot

Because gay guys are Haram

So you would name your bar The Haram Guys

If something isn't in walking distance and they don't deliver, it stops being fast food. Just go to a restaurant.

Preferably Greek instead of jihadi.

There are no Kebab chains in Yurope and there really aren't any benefits from that.

>wants to eat halal food made by dirty sand niggers

Thanks for funding terrorism asshole.

You missed out on their bbq chicken. I wouldn't recommend a hour round trip without it.

Halal guys is the shit and you should make it a point to have a reason to get to that side of town to eat that food.

i don't eat food made by brown people. I wouldn't advise it to anyone.

Nashville?

not if you have literally any other options for kebab / halal food

Yep.

Is the greek place closer to you? It's pretty much the same thing.

Rowland Heights?

So then you don't eat out then at all. Because it's pretty much a guarantee a Mexican or a black made the food.

Is wine vinegar halal?

Good but overpriced ( from a poor student perspective) worth a rare revisit

if there's something else in the town that'll make it worth the one hour drive, sure! it's pretty good. go easy on the red sauce, it's REALLY fucking hot.

stop supporting terrorism

Went after work yesterday. Good, but not life changing. Probably won't make the trip again unless they open a store closer to me.

That red is no joke. I put a line on my falafel plate and it lit me up.

i don't find their food to be any substantially better than a random halal car or shop

yeah, for real, the red sauce is incredibly hot! good luck with your poops.

it's not. If anything it's actually worse

Why do you all keep saying "halal food" as if that says anything specific about what style of cooking it is? It's like saying "kosher food".

It's fucking garbage

yes. take a pork sandwich and trade it for what ever shit on a pita they serve you... out of respect for their culture.

I love that Mexicans use a shwarma spit to cook pork

Its worth to try once. Make sure to get the spicy red sauce unless you're a little bitch. Overall it tastes good, but is too pricey to go regularly.

>Billy Herrington
what the fuck are you talking about every city in europe has better cheaper kebab. i also hate how new yorkers use ~halal~ as a noun to refer to kebab.

dummies in NY use halal as a noun to refer to donar kebab

Inshallah, we will teach the kuffir to respect us.

Agreed. Went there because some people told me it was good, but it was 90% lettuce filler. Hot sauce was good I guess, but the rest is subpar. Should have just gone with Falafel Drive In.

FPBP

you're better off finding another place who will more than likely serve much better food.

I'd like to remind everyone that because of ottoman occupation of the Balkans as well as the Mediterranean just being a a historical place of cultural exchange that most greek and south slavic food has a lot of arab inspiration

You will see many similar menu items in a greek, turkish, or serbocroat restaurant. It has been this way long before any of you were born, and most certainly before whatever political or social climate europe now exists in

>la creatura es mas blanca que ahmed

No they fucking suck.

Best in the south bay. I've gone there around closing and brought a whole mess of people, the owner let all the workers go and just gave us all the leftovers. Pretty much doubled our order. Great falafel and gyro, banana shake is on point too.

lamao in the centre of multiculti germany and never heard of it