Chili

Tell me what you think of my one-pot easy, sort of healthy chili recipe:

>saute 1 small yellow onion and 2-3 cloves of garlic (all minced) in the biggest pot you have until browned/soft
>add 1 lb of ground turkey and cook until brown
>add 1 can of tomato paste and one can of tomato sauce and stir
>add 1 can of ro-tel chunky, 1 can of ro-tel Mexican style, 1 can of of black beans and 1 can of seasoned pinto beans and stir
>put a few hefty shakes of chili powder, a dash or two of cayenne and paprika, and a few cranks of coarse ground salt and black pepper and give it all a good stir
>simmer on low heat for 30-45 mins giving a stir once or twice then you're ready

How terrible am I?

That's a solid but very basic recipe. Most chili is made this way. I'd eat it

not too bad, I'd recommend adding the spices earlier in the process so you can fry it for a bit tho

also why are you going with ground turkey? Texture wise it sounds pretty mushy

It fucking sucks. Use beef, not Turkey. Use proper cuts, not fucking ground meat. Use chilis as main ingredient because that is what the dish should be about.

Also forgot: use fucking cumin, what's wrong with you? Literally the most important spice in a Chili. Your chilis should be fresh, use the flesh, not Chili flakes or powder

>not fucking ground meat

wut? most chili I have ever eaten or seen use some sort of ground meat in it

Idk, ground turkey ain't bad. As long as you don't buy bottom barrel shit tier brands the texture is comparable to some good ground chuck. Trying to cut out excess red meat cause I eat too much as it is.

>Muh cuts of beef
>Muh chilis
>Muh traditional recipes
Nobody cares about any of that except for you and a handful of the other retarded chili purists that perpetually haunt this shithole board.

The patrician chilli is made with stew meat

Honestly while I'm sure there are people who could take stew meat/beef and make great chili that flavour profile sounds gross tbf

Pretty much how I do it OP. Only thing I change is no tomato paste/sauce and use tomato puree instead and simmer a bit longer. Also I get actual "Chili meat", its just regular ground chuck but with thicker "noodles" of meat.

why? it's a stew, why not use stew meat?
too much tomatoes is actually the main problem

I have started making my chili with lentils instead of meat, it's cheap as fuck and tastes really good too

>using chili powder instead of an actual chili
I recommend the bullet chili. Use one or two depending on your heat tolerance. I also really enjoy using habanero for it's sweet taste, if you don't like the heat of an entire habanero in your chili just cut it in half

>stew meat
>flavour profile
Stop talking out your ass and just make some fucking chili with half chuck roast and half pork shoulder.

t. never made real chili

Texas faggot detected.

t. lazy faggot that can't cook detected

Rate my Chilli
>saute 2 diced onions in large stock pot
>throw in 3-4 cloves minced 'lic once the onions start to sweat
Meanwhile
>brown 1.5 lb stew beef, 3lb ground beef, and 2.5 lb chicken thigh in pan.
>add ground beef, stir into onions
>cut stew beef into 1/2 inch bites
>shred half the chicken and cut the other half into similar bite size chunks
>put the rest of meat in stock pot along with juices
> add cumin, cayenne, oregano, chilli powder, freshly toasted and ground chilis, garlic powder if necessary, paprika, salt, and pepper.
>let fry, deglaze with beer or red wine
>add diced tomatoes and tomato paste
>add diced jalapeno, hatch chilis, habenero
>let stew for an hour or so
>add chilli beans and kidney beans.
Too thick? Add some stock
Too thin? Add some nesa flour
Finish it off by adding a pinch of good coffee ground and lwt everything heat through for about 30-90 mins.

Ive also fried diced bacon in the stock pot before anything else, drained about 3/4 of the grease and then cooked the rest of the chilli, was pretty good.

try it without beans and instead of ground beef use chopped steak

Maybe, sometimes i don't like the thickness beans add. Ive used chopped skirt steak before it was great.

chili-fag with 20 years of trying different chili recipes here

literally the very best chili is the one made from the simplest cheapest shit ingredients you can find

>ground beef
>chili powder
>beans
>canned tomatoes
>onions
>salt
>pepper

The trick is getting the right ratios. Everything else is a gimmick, including older versions of chili con carne. "Chili" as people know it, has those things I listed in it.

dont forget to add a little 'vark

I stopped reading at ground turkey. You can fuck off.