Al/ck/ General: We're Better Than "Them" Edition

pour your heart out babe

Don't contaminate al/ck/ with dumb frog posting, dum dum.

>General

Holy fuck where is everyone.
Another day another period of time spent waiting to by a six pack of 5% as far past noon as I can. All my best drinking days are behind me, but I can't imagine not having at least a little bit even though I barely know why I do it anymore. I just really don't want to be completely sober ever.

I fucking love being a drunk.

you guys are pathetic.

5 and 1 fucking half hours until bottle shop opens here.
DT’s are not too bad though bc only drank 3 bottles of wine yesterday.
My wife isn’t happy bc I did a 10 day stint on the wagon. That ended about 2 weeks ago and best days since have been 3 bottle days. Most have been 4-6. The best days for me are the 5 bottle days, but can’t remember a whole heap the next day.

t. Everybody when they first get on the gravy train

Man.. being sober is so boring. Wish i had the control over it, but i clearly don't since i was almost close drinking up a birthday present just now.. too lazy to get weed tho.

Anyone else in a similar situation right now?

I’m such an alcoholic that drinking wine as if it’s water hardly gives me a buzz anymore.

I hate weed dude. It's a fucking nightmare for me 99/100 times, that's why I stopped completely after I moved away from my social circle who smoked.

It doesn't stay fun forever.

Ah in the beginning it would have a fucked up effect on me. I can ussually smoke weed for a few months. After that i get breaken down mentally and physical, but overall it seems better than drinking.

I also can't smoke weed in groups. I always end up smoking more than what's good for me. Only person i could tolorate smoking weed with was my ex.

Thank god for codeine and diazepam. After 5 days of hitting the swill Im taking a shit piss every half hour. And thats when Im not sipping water, that goes through me almost instantly.
Wasting all my money on uber eats cos i cant stand to even say hello to my housemates and try to cook. I was a cook for years and its all I want to do, by MYSELF and not have people fucking around bothering me in the kitchen.
They're nice but they fucking know Im a pathetic neet. At least I have a disability as an excuse to never leave my room.

You have you sort of get your belly full of it and then keep up a pace till your eyeballs don't move with your head anymore. It helps to be excited about something as well.

I dont know if this makes sense

What disability user? Alcoholism?
I have that but I leave my bedroom to go to my lounge room to play vidya.

Peripheral neuropathy. Severe. cant walk for shit. And yes alcho for the last 10 yrs

Pro tip: if you're short on liqour, hold it in your mouth for a 20 seconds before swallowing. Will make ur mouth burn, but gives you that little extra cus it gets absorbed into ur blood.

I've been drinking way too much recently and have been slammed at work. Woke up really fucked up yesterday and had really bad shakes and was still have drunk, had to be at work at 7am and had several big projects to complete and present that I hadn't even started on. At least last night I got to bed early enough to wake up at five, got to work at six and finished everything in time. Monday is going to be shit too.

What's your guys alcohol reserve look like?

I keep a minimum of 3 handles of vodka in my closet. I usually have 8 but had a car expense come up and had to dip into my reserve. Going to buy 15 handles this pay period incase of ww3 breaking out or hungry Korea EMPing us

As opposed to getting absorbet into your aura? Retard. This is like when some bitch told me she takes alcohol rectally, because then your breath doesnt smell of alcohol and you can beat a breathalyzer.

I keep 4ltr casks of goon at hand at all times $14 a pop, lasts me a day then gets me out of bed to get more.
where I live the cheapest vodka or whiskey is $25 for 750ml and one of those would last me about 2 or 3 hours so I cant really afford it.

did you engage in anal sex with said bitch?

I am not an alco...yet.

I drink wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays. I drink about 50 units a week. I do t get Amy urges or withdrawal when I ain't drinking and am never tempted but I always look forward to it.

I drink alone, play vidya and listen to !music. Its cosy as fuck. Drinking with people just aggrivates me.

When I drink I count the units so I can keep that good feeling buzz going although most times I end up over doing it and get drink as hell but usually at the end of the night. I drink a glass of water after every second drink too. Don't like hangovers although sometimes they're unavoidable.

Do I risk becoming an alcohol like this? Like i wrote, I count my weekly units and try to keep it around 50, been doing this about a year now.

Jesus.

3 hours and you've got 28 units down the hatch? I'd be fucked.

Did you think this was funny when you were writing it?

Its not meant to be.

I never really drank until very recently and don't drink with others so I'd like some information or advice as i don't want to slip down a path of alcoholism?

What do you think, 50 units a week safe? I'm sure its not good for the liver long term but addiction wise I'm not sure.

I really want off the ride lately. The hangovers are getting annoying and I think it's really begun to affect me mentally. I don't even get withdrawal beyond flipped out dreams and fatigue when I quit but drinking is one of the few things left I really enjoy. Worried about my liver though. I can't believe my life has turned out how it has.

about to go binge drink with work colleagues that i hate, how do i avoid blacking out and getting a hangover tomorrow? I'm already drinking two gatorades.

Also is there some secret to not having to piss constantly after a few drinks

>family friend's kid goes to uni
>been there only a few months
>he's come back with glandular fever because he drank too much
>has to be sober now or else his liver will whack out

How does that fucking work? Are some people just really sensitive to alcohol? How pathetic

You'd be better off not going. When you're someone who blacks out from drinking, you're just fucked. Only option is to avoid drinking. Believe me, I know from personal experience.

Whats' goon?

Step 1.

Don't binge drink, Just drink.

Step 2.

Drink 1 gallon of water a day.

I drink a gallon of water a day everyday and I can drink as much as I want and I never get a hangover. I get alcohol w/d and the shakes the next day but never a hangover

Plus it keeps your liver/kidneys flushed a little more, An keeps you from kidney stones (which trust me you do not want). I've been shot with a .357 sig and I can tell you passing a kidney stone hurts worst

Boxed wine

Ohhh, Sorry Idk shit about wine. I've literally drank it twice in my entire life

Also where do you live where the cheapest vodka is 25 a fifth?

I feel spoiled paying 11 for a handle of vodka.

It's even cheaper down south, 7.99 for the same type of vodka.

Aus. Melb

>t. College student

Because this place is a fucking temple of high quality posts right?

about to leave for a poker night, do i:

>get drunk and have fun
>stay sober and win money

Who's going to the bar tonight? One of the bartenders at my local joint is having a birthday party there, so it should be pretty busy with a bunch of people I know from the neighborhood. I wish I could fucking live at the bar. I spent six nights in a row there last week and it really hurt my bank account, but it was worth it.

don't the employees there get concerned

I'm completely antisocial when I drink. People ruin the buzz with their bullshit.

Uh oh! sounds like we have a grumpy pants on our hands! xD don't be so angry, just be yourself and cheer up, who knows! you might even make friends!

i know this feeling
honestly i can go weeks or months without alcohol or beer, but everything just feels so fucking dry and uninteresting without it

phew lad, that full strength?

I used to enjoy drinking with people but now all I want to do is play video games and listen to music when I'm loaded. People pushing interaction on me during it is painful.

Listen I'm not telling you what to do dude but you're alcohol already.
I like drinking alone as well, but when you have a strong preference toward it you're already there pretty much. 50 units a week is big as well.
I've been full blown alc for 5 years but have been drinking for 10 total.

Get drunk and take absurd risks that you would never dream of taking otherwise, thus winning way more money than you thought possible.

As a matter of fact i've got it now.

>get sent out of town for work
>14+ hour days of hard labor
>no drinking/cigs for a month
>not much sleep, living on coffee
>super exhausting, but feel productive and happy and getting paid well
>get back into town
>celebrate with friends
>go on massive weekend bender
>wake up next morning and chest is pounding
>heart is skipping beats and im light headed
>doc tells me i gave myself atrial fibrillation
>exhausted the fuck out of my heart from work/coffee
>pushed it over the edge with a 72 hour steady diet of pizza and whiskey and marb reds
>probably have to take blood thinners for the rest of my life or even heart surgery
>probably gonna say fuck it and get hammered today

wine is 14%

Fug. I just looked at how much a unit is and I'm usually easily drinking over the weekly recommended in a day.

Can all you just move to a different site for this shit. 420chan has a bunch of drug related boards with a bunch of faggots just like you, go join them. your problem, yes: problem, has nothing to do with neither food nor cooking. NEITHER

Pouring booze into glass counts as cooking.

no

Are you an admin? No? Then kindly fuck off

aww man bro thats the nastiest vodka I've ever tasted, can't you get barton or something?

I hope your livers collectively fail at the same time.

Does drinking fuck your taste buds up? I use shitloads of seasoning on everything I cook. My brother cooked me this really nice omelette but it tasted so bland. He used seasoning but I couldn't taste anything.

Smoking will fuck your sense of smell and taste up. I wouldn't be surprised if alcohol did it to me as well though with all the booze I've drank in the past 10 years.

of course. alcohol mutes your taste buds. your taste and appetite wakes up after you quit for a few days though.

Wow good one.

only thing that helps with hangovers is drinking more slowly, and keeping hydrated. I don't have a ton of experience, but I once drank a pint of rum over an 8-hour period, and was very surprised the next day that it was all gone, because I didn't have a bad hangover.

I've had noticeably worse hangovers from drinking just 4-5 drinks in the span of 1-2 hours.

haha

I've been getting really worried about my drinking habits recently but I don't know if I'm an alcoholic or not. I have a hard time saying no to drink and I find my self thinking about it a lot and feeling kind of restless. I started drinking to deal with stress in my life and MH problems, and it's caused me to make some really stupid fucking decisions. Am I too far gone?

>Drinking
>nothing to do with food or cooking

But I get most of my calories from vodka.

no one here's gonna tell you because these kinds of threads just devolve into a contest of who drinks the most

How often do you drink and how much? I feel the same way. I've been drinking almost every night for the past year or so, nothing major, I'll have maybe 4 - 10 cans in a session and I'm starting to wonder if I'm on the road to alcoholism because I don't have any intention of stopping.

based, when's Eddie getting here?

I usually have a few days in between drinks but thats mainly because I have no money, but when I do drink I find it very hard to stop. Think I'm gonna call AA tomorrow.

hey, listen bro...can you even handle three 1/5s of vodka, and a handle of whiskey up your ass? If not then your not one of us.

AKA who's destroying themselves faster

I actually thought drinking alcohol helps prevent kidney stones. My uncle has had them and they sound frightening. He's a teetotaler.

I feel the same way as well. All you can really do is stop, but there is a reason we get shitfaced. We fucking enjoy it too much.

>alcohol
>good for the kidneys

lol no.

Literally worst then drinking the same amount of soda daily

eddie ye smackhead

Based Joe Owens poster.

I don't really want to completely stop, drinking with my friend is the only joy I have in my life but if I have to be teetotal to save myself then I don't have a choice. What's your situation user?

Had a kidney stone once, seriously the worst pain I have ever felt. Got some smack off a mate, and even that only dulled it.

>Got some smack off a mate

the people that post in al/ck/, everyone

Hey i put bottles up my ass all the time. Best use for them after theyre empty...

There is LITERALLY nothing wrong with Eddie making a cheeky little move to the bins - and what's this! OH IT'S A BEAUTIFUL SET OF FAG ENDS! He's crumbling them into a blue Rizla and it's fantastic how they aren't damp! He's sparking it and OH WHAT'S THIS, OH IT'S A FUCKING CAN OF K CIDER WITH SOME DREGS IN IT, WHAT A BEAUTIFUL ASSIST! He's really flying down the field now, it can't get any better than this, can it? BUT WAIT, THERE'S A BUNCH OF CHIP ENDS IN THAT GREASY WAD OF PAPER! OH WHAT A FUCKING RESULT IT IS FOR EDDIE FC! The atmosphere in the KIA will be absolutely ELECTRIC tonight!

GGGGGGGGGGGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!

Surprise, im from brit/pol/ fucker

I am the same way. I enjoy drinking way too much, but I know i should quit because this stuff is eventually going to really degrade my body even more than it already has, but i just find it pretty hard to stop drinking. If even for a few days.

It was the fucking kikes who did this to us.

My uncle told the people at the hospital he was going to die/kill someone/etc. if they didn't give him morphine/dilaudid.

I've researched how to avoid them, but it seems kind of unclear. I think I read drinking a lot of tea can help cause them, but drinking lots of other fluids is helpful.

Eddie needs to come here and confess, he would fit in here as a regular

>three 1/5s of vodka
>three one fifths of vodka

they poisoned the fucking well man

hahaha. fucking slow brain. need more smart.

There are literally hundreds of active threads on Veeky Forums. And you came here to post that. Live and let live

If you're worried it's a problem

Yeah na this ain't aa.

Whiskey and ginger ale.

Is it gay?

My favorite bartender told me I'm a "professional alcoholic" since I routinely close the bar with her at 2 am, then go to work at like 7am.