Is this the most important thing you can learn?

is this the most important thing you can learn?

Other urls found in this thread:

pnas.org/content/111/49/17564
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Try the opposite, tell me how much you love goulash?

a goulash made from a nice shoulder and pieces of grilled peppers is much better than one made from tail and 50 powdered spices.

this, but you spelled onions the wrong way

nah, fuck this. buy bulk spices and put like 8-10 of them in everything. way more FUN and TASTY.

Nigger detected

Woah that must make some H*CKING EPIC FLAVOUR!!!!!!!

No, the most important thing you can learn is the fundamental cooking techniques. It doesn’t matter how high quality your ingredients are if you cannot cook properly.

It's true, my roommate always throws in so many fucking spices and flavours that it's just bland or bad tasting. I cook with less ingredients and only use spice to accent flavours, which he criticises, but ultimately, loves my cooking even if it's just potato dumplings.

Just use fresh basic ingredients is what I learned from Gordon Ramsay. Say whatever about his personality, but his critique of food usually boils down to this, at least as his rules, regardless of what he says later on to make shows interesting.

No, the most important thing you can learn is the safe handling of foods. It doesn't matter how high quality your cooking techniques is if you die.

If you use shitty ingredients, your meal has no chance of being good.

No, the most important thing you can learn is how to use your knife correctly. It doesn't matter how high quality your food handling is if you cut yourself and bleed all over it.

bleeding > dying

kek

Sounds like a line from Jamie Oliver. I get the idea, but it's too much of a relative term. I'm sure at some point even the highest quality ingredients will still taste better mixed with with a certain set of other ingredients, and not less of them, no matter the quality.

Found the cooklet

This. Don't get killed by your steak before you have prared it.

Guess you should never eat sausages again then

lol get fucked nigga. If you put a nice steak in the pan 2 min on either side it WILL be nice no matter how bad you are.

>thinks you literally die from bad food
How do you think humanity survived for 98% of its existence m8?

>if you put a nice steak in the pan 2 min on either side
>implying people with shit technique will know to cook 2 min per side
>implying people with shit technique will know what temperature
>implying people with shit technique won't get scared when their house starts filling with smoke and bail to a lower temperature

contd. as i thought of more places poor technique could get you on a steak. Would someone with poor technique change the seasoning of the meat according to the cut? Would they rest the steak?

None of what you said matters retard. A steak with generic seasoning, no resting and fried at wrong temp will still taste better than a frozen hamburger patty prepared with all the love in the world.

It's also 10 times more knowledge and effort required to make a decent meal out of the patty.

>it's impossible to fuck up a good cut of meat so badly that a frozen-beef burger is preferable
>even when cooked with horrible technique

you do realize your point is indefensible, right?

You can make a decent meal out of pretty much anything, it won't be a sirloin but it can cost you little to nothing.

The safe handling of food, obviously.

I think using fewer's but high quality ingredients is a fundamental to cooking techniques. Most manufactured foods have a lot of ingredients in them.

Eating basic foods is good for you. More spices just means more flavours. Regardless of how you cook the food, a high quality steak is still good, but there's even added benefit of being fresher as well as having more nutrients for that reason.

Cooking it is to preference, but if all you cook is shit food, with a lot of overpowering spices it doesn't matter how well you cook it, it's still crap.

I should know, my mom was a terrible cook but understood the fundamentals of cooking and beyond. Still made terrible food.

The ingredients are not incidental to cooking, they are literally the food. It's the main part of food, is the food. Cooking techniques is just what you do with them.

Most food can be eaten raw, and it doesn't make it worse.

Knowing how to cook eggs in different ways isn't going to change them that much.

>it's impossible
Nobody said that retard.

>this guy literally thinks people had separate cutting boards for chicken 5000 years ago
HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAH

are you implying that it's impossible to imply something? user is clearly implying that it's impossible for poor technique to result in a bad steak.

>If you put a nice steak in the pan 2 min on either side it WILL be nice no matter how bad you are.
>no matter how bad you are

go ahead and explain how this doesn't imply that high quality steak is impossible to fuck up.

>user is clearly implying that it's impossible for poor technique to result in a bad steak.
No I'm not retard. I'm the same guy

>Knowing how to cook eggs in different ways isn't going to change them that much.

Dude , no . Stop , get some help .

I think there is a bit of a bell curve. You gotta have some fat/oil, salt, onion, garlic, pepper/ginger/(carrots & celery), a couple more things. Between 7&10 is golden. Depending on the dish maybe down to 5 or up to 12 or so.
Even a steak is best with salt, pepper, garlic and butter. 5 items.

>compromising
Fuck off faggot. Pick one side or the other.

Whatever side you're not on, faggot.

>>If you put a nice steak in the pan 2 min on either side it WILL be nice no matter how bad you are.

so are you ready to retract this statement or not?

>autist literally don't get common expressions
LOL

Correct.

Well they had fresh chicken back then, so less worry about bacteria growth then we do now.

Fresher ingredients are better, cooking meat to kill bacteria is also helpful.

salt and pepper aren't ingredients

>they had fresh chicken back then
>5000 years ago
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

wow

What's so funny? Chicken were domesticated 10000 years ago.

>Chicken were domesticated 10000 years ago.
HAAHHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAHAAHH

pnas.org/content/111/49/17564

>he still thinks chickens are real

>in a small part of china
I assume you're just some retard who jumped into the argument without understanding the context. Please read the earlier posts

>backwater murrikan thinks everyone is from murrika

Literally zero posts that invalidate anything.

>backwater murrikan thinks everyone is from murrika
That's the point YOU are implying ('cept it's china).

Your answer to is apparently "because some people in china maybe had domesticated chickens for the last 10%"

No, the most important thing you can learn is how to use your hands correctly. It doesn't matter how high quality your knife is if you have no hands.