Instead of mainly spiciness, how do I get the most of that nice fruity habanero taste out of my habaneros?

Instead of mainly spiciness, how do I get the most of that nice fruity habanero taste out of my habaneros?

This is a retarded question. Hot peppers are hot. If you don’t like the heat, use a red bell pepper.

you could soak them in alcohol which dissolves some of the capseine. I would recommend madame janeatte though much fruitier and less spicy

You have to shop around. Some places breed habaneros that aren't as hot as your standard ones. It's the same with jalapenos

Fermentation

I always felt scotch bonnets were the fruitier choice.

Deseeding, and taking the ribs out inside can help, but overall spiciness of the flesh is based on the little ripeness, growing conditions, general selective breeding that individual plant. This is why some jalapenos are pretty mild and others are crazy hot.

try slowly raising your hotness tolerance levels

I like hot food, but habanero has a distinct taste beyond just being spicy and sometimes you want to bring that out.
I'm sorry you're too simple minded to understand.

hmm, maybe I'll try, thanks.

Remove seeds and membrain. Rinse. Soak overnight in milk. Rinse again.
This is a stupid response. The flavor of habanero is not like that of other chiles.
Problem here is that the alcohol leeches flavor. You would have spicy flavorful boooz but a lifeless boozy chile.

If I just wanted less heat I would just use less habanero m9

does it make a difference if I leave them laying around for a few weeks before using them?

Also no. Fermentation does little to diminish heat while changing the flavor of the chiles. It is a good flavor but you lose much of the "fruity" quality OP is trting to capitalize on.

Another trick OP is to make a confit of sorts. Blanch the chiles briefly and shock in an ice bath. Pack them in a 2:1 mixture of sugar:salt. Wait a week or two... Rinse. Julienne or mince.
This will change you.

>leave em be a bit
Not really. It wont diminish the heat but as the chiles mature it will intensify the flavor a little... Not a bunch.

Also you could just add sugar to reduce heat but to keep the fruitiness

you are a retarded question. this is a good idea for a thread.

become smart with cfhemistry. study which receptors the spicy/pain work on. find chemicals that block/reverse said receptors. take them and profit. or just drink melted candle wax.

I hate this board.
A potentially useful and education thread is nearly lost to shit posts about fast food and "is ____ a meme".
I hate you faggots.

I once got a batch which was insanely hot, in the end I canned them with honey and left it for like a year. The enzymes in the honey seemed to have lowered the spiciness to acceptable levels and it had the fruity flavour you are tal king about.

Might not be entirely botulism safe though, but nobody got time to think about shit like that

I don't know what you have. Mad faggots keep the thread bumped while select anons have meaningful exchanges.
Aside from what was already mentioned, I would say Habanero Tabasco is a prime example of a product trying exactly that. Looking at their ingredients list it is clear they help things along by adding fruit purees to the equation. Sadly I lack the resources and expertise to reverse-engineer what exactly they do, but keep that in mind! There exists a fruity habanero chutney recipe waiting to be discovered.

you need to piss off back to lelddit

>There exists a fruity habanero chutney recipe waiting to be discovered.
I know there's a commercial product fitting this description that I've tried, but I don't remember what it is. Yellow, wide-mouthed bottle, woman's name. Melinda's Scotch Bonnet? Marie Sharp's? Something like that. It wasn't bad.

>Another trick OP is to make a confit of sorts. Blanch the chiles briefly and shock in an ice bath. Pack them in a 2:1 mixture of sugar:salt. Wait a week or two... Rinse. Julienne or mince.
extremely interdasting

>bringing up inflammatory subjects for no reason
global rule 3. You should know better than this. This is disappointing and "everyone" doing it is no excuse.

that sounds nice! I'll try to look it up, thanks