McDonald's just had its worst day ever after its new Dollar Menu gets slammed as a failure

>McDonald's just had its worst day ever after its new Dollar Menu gets slammed as a failure

McDonald's shares were hammered on Friday after analysts slammed its highly hyped value menu as a flop.

The fast-food chain's shares fell 4.8%, marking the worst dollar decline in history and the steepest percentage drop since October 2008, MarketWatch reports.

The drop came after RBC Capital Markets analysts claimed that McDonald's new $1, $2, $3 Dollar Menu, which rolled out in January, failed to resonate with customers.

"Our sense is that the $1, $2, $3 platform stole attention from local marketing, particularly at breakfast, which likely slowed as a consequence," analysts wrote in a note, in which they cut their price target for the company to $170 from $190. "In addition, we believe the menu's position as a variety play... lacked the 'hero' item necessary to resonate with value-conscious consumers."

businessinsider.com/mcdonalds-new-dollar-menu-gets-slammed-2018-3

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=x6nOYUgr4QQ
youtube.com/watch?v=AMD2TwRvuoU
youtube.com/watch?v=E1fzJ_AYajA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

One dollar double stack

Come to the light, brothers and sisters

It's presented in a baffling way. They need a simple, colorful table or graphic to present the choices.

I bought the one dollar cheeseburger and it was basically just bread.

Hasn't the dollar menu been a thing for like forever?

2 mcdoubles is $3 which is a pretty good deal. why would anyone get ANYTHING other than 2 double cheeseburgers when you can get 2 for $1.50 each?

Its new value menu is garbage, and I hope this knocks some sense into them.

>$1 mcchicken is a bad thing
Man fuck them and fuck you, ain't nothing bad with this shit.

The only time I stop at McDonalds is at the Leitchfield location once a month. I always go inside and I fucking loathe the menu. It's a hodgepodge of slideshow video screens that are seemingly set to shuffle. And they never show a price.

how the hell does a dollar menu fail? Hero item? What in the fuck does that mean?

Nigger, this is not that hard to understand. They rolled out a new dollar menu in January. Data shows it was not as successful at driving sales as expected. Investors reacted accordingly. A hero item is a singular item that sticks in people's mind as the thing they should go to a place for, and this menu failed to market something as being a particularly good deal. Get some reading comprehension

Because a mcdub should only be a dollar.

even you agree that it is shit. what is the problem?

That's what they get for depriving those with superior intellect (such as myself) of Szechuan sauce.

no hes got a point faggot. its insignificant journalist jargon

It's a self-evident term for a notable phenomenon in marketing. How much of a retard do you have to be to not understand what it means?

It's business jargon, which is what the article is written for. Business insights. It's "Business Insider" not "lol my fast food blog!"

because 2 mcdoubles was fucking $2 a few months ago, before they rolled this bullshit out

>when you can get 2 for $1.50 each?
But you can't.

That's the whole point of this thread. They changed to the $1, $2, $3 model and so some things got bumped down in price and the rest got bumped up.

Why even look at the price? Nothing on the menu is expensive. And why are you even looking at the menu? Are you from Mars?

But the chickens used to be $1.60 or something. So if you got two of each, it basically comes out to the same. Trouble is that the average nigger and peckerwood who goes to McD's can't do the math.

>we believe the menu's position as a variety play... lacked the 'hero' item necessary to resonate with value-conscious consumers."
surely they're talking about the quarter pounder and not the big mac right?

When has either of those been on the value menu? Learn to read, niggerbrain

McDonald's is fucked because they try to do too many things, and suck at all of them. Literally anything you can order at McDonald's, you can get a better version of at another chain for similar price. Their fries are the only thing they're superior at, and this ain't Canada, fries are a side, not a main.

Their other problem is branding. They're known for being cheap. Look at Arby's for chrissakes: they do even more sandwiches than McDonald's, but they've branded themselves as "the Meats fast food place", and then they back it up by doing venison and pork belly, which no one else is doing.

Plain and simple, McDonald's took it's market dominance for granted for too long, and now every other chain has picked an area to beat them in. Wendy's is getting brutal with their ads, openly ripping on them for using frozen beef. Arby's has every kind of meat you could want on a fast food sandwich. Captain D's has better fish. BK is out-pricing them on chicken nuggets. Hardees/ Carl's Jr. has their thickburgers. Wendy's has fresh beef. Popeye's, Raising Cain's, and Zaxby's all have them cornered on chicken.

Give it up McDonald's. You've got no where else to go but down. Pic unrelated.

The one thing you missed noting was breakfast, which is why that's where they're expanding. Nothing beats steak egg and cheese bagel

i wish i had i choice, but in Poland we have:
>kfc
>pizza hut
>mcdonald
But only macdonlad is open 24/7

>McDonald's is fucked
they're not going anywhere. they could decline in quality by a lot before they even had to start worrying about how to fix the problem. they're still making money. they make so much money that it makes the news when they aren't making as much money as they expected.

Wendy's just stuck a dagger into the heart of McDonald's with it's $1 double stack promo

McDonalds ain't got shit on that

You can at my local ones, they’re 1.58 or something

About time. It's still a wonder how Burger King, Hardees, etc. stay in business.

I had McDonald a few days ago to get that sauce the burgers were tiny have they made everything smaller in the last year?

Mcdonalds here in bongland is shite.

£6/$7 for a bigmac meal.

I hate maccy d's fries so just want burgers.

A big mac on its own is £4
double cheeseburgers are £1.50

I'll normally get 3 double cheeseburgers so your talking £4.50/$6ish

I'll give you that, but even there Hardee's/ Carl's Jr. has better biscuits, and they offer stuff like pork chop-and-egg biscuits. Hardee's breakfast biscuits are my jam.

I agree with you, McDonald's is never completely going away, but the days of Ronald ruling fast food are over. Subway is taking it up the ass right now just like one of Jared's fuckbois, and the market is eyeing McDonald's next. said, it's the international market that's making them unsinkable, and that'll change over the years and decades as more fast food options open up. Pic unrelated.

What are value menus in America like?

Here it britbongland Burger King & McDonalds have a similar value menu. Chicken Mayo sandwich, cheeseburger for 99p, bacon cheeseburger for £1.50. KFC also have £2 "snack boxes"

You're right, but food is generally cheaper in the USA all round.

The problem here is that these items were designed to be sold at the $1, $2, and $3 price points. Meaning that they have a huge profit margin built in and it tastes like you are getting a $1 sandwich. Doesn't feel like it's some amazing bargain, just a standard business transaction.
Now take taco bell on the other hand and some of there $1 items seem like they are surely losing money on them, and guess what? They may be, but it gets people there and they will inevitably buy other shit

Also Mcdonald's hasn't come out with an interesting or risky menu item in fucking years. It's always the same boring shit

Usually it's a la carte, with a small cheeseburger, a small fries, a small drink for $1 each at burger joints. KFC has a bunch of $5 "fill up" boxes with either a chicken tenders, a side item, a biscuit, and a drink; a chicken breast, a side item, a biscuit, and a drink, a "famous bowl" of fried chicken and cheese mixed in with mashed potatoes and gravy, plus a biscuit and a drink, or a chicken pot pie with a biscuit and a drink.

Mcgriddle + JR. Mac = fuck yeah

Honestly if the mcdouble and mcchicken were both $1 it would bring more people into the store. Mcd's needs to up their french fries and their portions and they would do significantly better.

>its worst day ever
>steepest percentage drop since October 2008
Why are people so bad with numbers? Also why are people so obsessed with stock values?

>Hero item
youtube.com/watch?v=x6nOYUgr4QQ

I agree, their menu is shit and it needs to show prices and stop fucking jumping around. Get on it McDonald's. You should know better.
On another note. I'm excited to see McDonald's die.

Honestly plenty of places have better breakfast.

If there's a bojangles near you their cajun filet bisket with a side of potato rounds is fucking amazing and beats out McDs any day.

Bleh, not that good

youtube.com/watch?v=AMD2TwRvuoU

I don't like ordering the same thing twice. I'd like to know how much some faux-hipster burger costs, I'd like to see the actual fucking dollar menu and not calorie counts...even the drive-thru does this.

Those anus burgers we're actually pretty good

Everyone do your part. Buy some McChickens tomorrow. You owe them.

>Buy some McChickens tomorrow. You owe them.
This, but unironically.
youtube.com/watch?v=E1fzJ_AYajA

>tomorrow

nigga mcdonalds is open 24hrs. anons should be doing that today, RIGHT NOW

Based fast food poster

>biscuit
What kind of biscuit?

I preferred the two for $2.50 deal because it always felt like the McDouble and the McChicken were equal sandwiches in terms of value. But now I can't say that a single-patty burg is a sandwich of equal value to the McChicken. I'm more willing to pay an extra quarter for the McChicken so long as I could have kept the 2 for $2.50 and still getting a McDouble for equivalent pricing. I dunno how many people did the same thing, or just had a different order, but that's how I see it.

I feel this too. I never go to Mcdonalds but work walking distance from one. One day I felt like a big mac for nostalgia and stopped in. I don't know why the menu is so confusing and hard to read with the slideshow thing.

I think McDonalds in general suffers from this; even their marketing seems really bland. They seem to always try to be everything to everybody instead of just being a cheap burger chain. As somebody who avoided fast food for a long time, Wendy's has it right. Their menu is simple and it's easy to order. They even seem to roll out a weird specialty item every few months without it being disruptive or making it the focus of their entire operation.

$2 bacon mc dubcheze burg
Best new item but I don't think you can eat them... frequently

they dominate the market and will continue to do so not because theyre good, or better than others, but because almost everyone thinks of McD's as "eh, ok, why not". This is what's important, not excellence.

>macdonlad
I know that's a typo but it's fucking hilarious and I'm going to believe you actually say it like this

same in Australia
>tfw no 24hr pizza or fried chicken

i literally only go to mcdonalds because its open 24/7

Which is why they had to get rid of them.
It was confusing the regular customers.

Based Wendy's is based

this. They need to keep their mcdoubles and mcchickens a dollar instead of yoyoing the damn price ever other quarter. That's why I refuse to eat their. The dick pic too menu was also a terrible idea!

>get a bacon mcdouble and a mcchicken
>make a bacon mcgangbang

Delicious, but right now it's a better deal to go to Wendy's and buy two double stacks and combine those instead to make a quad stack.

I wish my mcdonalds carried the bagels

How are those? I was thinking of going out of the way just to get it since it was $1 for a double cheesebuger.

They're pretty fuckin good, well worth their normal $2.40 price tag.

>eating fast food

How long is the dollar double stack going on?

>2018
>mcdicks

>go to McDonald’s for first time in a while
>order my usual 2 plain McDoubles and mcchicken
>that’ll be $8
What the fuck were they thinking, this new menu is trash compared to the 2 for $2.50 menu, and how the fuck is a McDouble more expensive than the bacon McDouble on this trash menu? Clearly they didn’t think this through

>be a normal person who doesnt eat fast food very often, save for maybe pizza
>"I'm very busy today, I'll try McDonalds for lunch"
>chad stride into the restaurant
>nothing but depressed black people working the counter
>interior smells like ketchup packets and looks like a chuck e. cheese
>menu is full of shit that's 850 - 985 calories and, judging by what I see handed out, barely a snack in terms of size
>see one poor slob eating a tiny child-sized burger that is 85% white bread bun
>fries are a pittance; maybe a tenth at best of five guys' small serving
>every so often see a standard meal sold for $10
>could get a burger and fries at my work cafeteria two and a half sizes bigger for $9
>turn 360 degrees and walk out

McDonalds doesn't have one issue, it has dozens of issues. The only reason it's alive is because people overseas with no standards keep buying it, much like Hollywood movies and Adidas.

You people got to remember what you are dealing with. McDonald's sold a third pound burger. A competitor sold a similar priced half pound burger that in blind taste tests, tasted better.

It failed miserably. It took the company a while to figure out why. Consumers thought that the McDonald's third (3) was a bigger burger than the competitors half (2).

this so much

all these fucking screens and bullshit it's so difficult

Honestly though, that's still pretty cheap.
If you went to a regular restaurant and bought similar meals, you'd be out of $20 at the least

No, you are retarded. The story was about the quarter pounder, 1/4 pounder.

I never knew Ronald McDonald was such a jew

Because I am an intellectual and get a Mac Jr for $2.30 instead.

their third pounder, the angus, was the best menu item they ever created and they got rid of it because "it's too expensive for our customers"... less than a year after that decision, the board fired that CEO.

In straya they call it Macca's - even the signs say it.

Only the lowbrows. The fact that the establishment itself decided it would be profitable to adopt that moniker speaks volumes about the type of person who uses the term.

>speaks volumes about the type of person who uses the term.

you mean literally everybody? my rich as fuck neighbours' all call it maccas. it's not some uniquely yobbo moniker, its a wanker thing too. I have met very few people who refer to maccas as mcdonalds here. hell, more people call it "mickey D's" than macdonalds

RIP Angus Third Pounders

The bacon one was my shit, would go to get them all the time.
Worst decision McDonalds ever made in getting rid of them. Cunts.

I'm pretty sure the McDonald's near my house has Macca's written on the sign out the front instead of McDonald's.

I was thinking exactly this. Expecting this to make a comeback within 3 months if it stays bad

>Why even look at the price? Nothing on the menu is expensive
The suits must love people like you.

>t.poorfag