I'm from Alberta General

I'm from Alberta

Other urls found in this thread:

squawker.org/conspiracy/justin-trudeau-fidel-castros-son/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The best of a bad situation. I’m from Alberta too. Born in Medicine Hat, lived all over tho. Currently in grande prairie. We got some good fucking beef, and some of the best waterfowl hunting anywhere in the world.

Hi, I'm from Alberta. Crossposting from I'm from Alberta General (/ifag/)

Anything else you'd like to say?

That map is implying that half of the lake doesn't belong to us.

Are you from Alberta??

What's your favorite restaurant in Calgary and Edmonton?
For me it's Charcut in Calgary , Padmanadi in Edmonton.

Never heard of it. Sounds like a wannabee British Columbia but can't quite cut it.

Correct. All your lakes are belong to us.

Hey guys! I'm from Alberta!

>tfw another Grande Prairian is on Veeky Forums

>Canadian Californian claims he doesn't know of Canadian Texas
555-come-on-now.

Surahi in Calgary is pretty good for Indian, and it would be a toss up between DaDeO and Chianti in Edmonton.

I don't live in either city that being said, so my opinions could be shit compared to what else is on offer.

Alberta isn't even a real place.

Had sex with a tranny in Calgary. Totally not gay.

How tranny are we talking here? A trap or an obvious dude?

How do you guys stay living in Alberta? I was born there and as soon as I finished high school I got the fuck out as soon as possible. Vancouver and Toronto are just miles better in terms of actually having interesting people and things to do all the time. Never understood why people stay in Calgary/Edmonton and don't move elsewhere.

Because an entry level house in Edmonton or Calgary doesn't cost 1.1 million dollars.

It was an obvious dude, but like I said it wasn't gay cuz she sucked my dick first.

>Canadian Texas
Wtf I love Alberta now

CANADIANS LEAVE. STOP POSTING. GO AWAY AND NEVER COME BACK.

We don’t want your kind anyway. Liberal cuck

I've been offered a job in Grande Prairie. The money is right but I don't know if I want to live there. I currently live in Kamloops, BC

I'm very conservative. Doesn't change the fact Alberta is cold and boring as fuck.

GP is alright. I've been here for over ten years now, but you gotta do you.

You talk like a fag and your shits all retarded.

GP is never going to be Kamloops. The only saving grace is that it has a Costco. All the trees around town have been stripped, so it’s pretty windy. If you like dirt biking or river boating it’s a nice spot, and houses are very reasonably priced. Basically you’re probably choosing between living somewhere optimal but not ever getting ahead, or living somewhere that isn’t optimal but being able to do things like buy a house and go on vacations that you couldn’t do if you lived somewhere better. Just gotta ask yourself what your priorities are. Alberta is embracing legal weed like no other province tho, even more so than bc, if that helps you make a decision. Plus you’re not all that far away from the mountains if you want to go camping in the summer, and powder King is a reasonable drive away for snowboarding in the winter.

Trap. Met her at the Calgary Stampede dressed as a cowgirl. Got BJ and fucked her in the ass, then took her to an A&W.

How is the culinary sector in Canada? Is there any jobs in this area for foreigners there? I bet it's impossible to get a job offer for working there while living abroad, huh? My dream is to someday work there in a good restaurant while studying in Le Cordon Bleau, but shit... It's hard to enter this country by the book and I don't want to start my life there with the wrong foot. So thinking about paying my studies or buying land there someday is off the fucking roof. Anyone got some tasty tips for how to become a leaf?

Marry a leaf, get landed immigrant status.

Also becoming Justin Trudeau’s bf or wife’s bull

>A&W
What did you get at the A&W...

I was wondering this as well. Hopefully a cheddar bacon uncle burger with onion rings and a frosty root beer. That’s what I always get unless teens or mozzas are on sale.

My nigga.

Couple of sausage & eggers and an order of hash browns.

I forgot they have all day breakfast. A&W sausage and eggers are pretty fucking good.

Your story checks out.

Nah, that's pretty much a beaner way to get in the country. Just wish I could cook in a cool restaurant there without having to flee everytime I see the police. A year ago I've read the whole site for immigrants interested in living in Canada, but the main problem is that we must be the new Indian Albert Einstein in your area, have a ton of your shitty money to pay a course there or having a job offer from there, the last one was the only that I could fit... But shit, I would need to earn two times (more or less) of the jobs offered in this area if I don't want to end stabing people for their money. So fuck it, your country is alright, but I rather eat shit in my shithole.

For me, it’s Canada. The Best Country, My Home and Native Land.

It's pretty hard to become a leaf unless you are a Muslim refugee. I think we have our priorities mixed up tbqh.

Welcome to most western nations.

>The only saving grace is that it has a Costco.

Heh, I was doing a street view tour of GP and this is what I thought too.

>Alberta is embracing legal weed like no other province tho, even more so than bc, if that helps you make a decision.

Honestly I don't see this as a big deal. It's good to see the gubmint dropping these archaic laws and all, but the law has never stopped me from finding good product.

In Alberta we take our pre-employment piss tests very seriously. You might want to consider whether you’re required to take one for this dream job.

Yeah, piss testing could be an issue. I am a truck driver, but my employer and I have an understanding. I'm very good at what I do (driving hazardous loads through the mountains), I would never smoke while on the job, but I do smoke on my days off. My employer just doesn't test me.

Speaking as someone that drives an oilfield truck, dry out, because all companies do post incident testing at a bare minimum.

The survey company didn’t piss test when I was hired, but now they test new employees. Also some of the larger clients we work for will require a piss test. I ended up just quitting until it becomes legal. I like weed, but I like work and money more.

Transport Canada and RCMP are monitoring this forum, guy

Calgary checking in. But why the fuck is this on Veeky Forums

Alberta is quite well-known for its contributions to world cuisine.

Used to work in Ponoka, glad I escaped that fuckhole.
>asylum on one side
>reserve on the other
The town that had no hope

What does any of this have to do with food or cooking?

Why are you so gay?

We are all friends on this board and sometimes we like to have discussions that aren't directly related to cooking.

Tried DaDeO last time I was in Edmonton, I was honestly pretty disappointed. My boyfriend was talking up their po'boys and it really wasn't that good. That being said their sweet potato fries are really good though.

If anybody hasn't yet go try the ramen at Dorinku, it's really good. It's a fun little restaurant, the decor is nice and I like their open kitchen. The parking lot across from them is free on Sundays too.

Like it or not, Alberta is the single largest source of calories in Canada. Other areas must grow their calories through agriculture; Alberta, however is a blessed place and has a gift which circumvents this. Many millions and millions of years ago, absurd amounts of vegetation grew... and grew... and grew. Upon seeing this, Earth-chan understood that something was to be done about it, so that this land would still have life left in it for the future. So a lid of earth was placed on the pot, and millions of tons of plants began cooking via the internal temperature of the earth. After many years, the great feast was ready. Some adventurous souls discovered places where they could put straws into this pot, and suddenly trillions of calories were accessible.

And so it was declared, that by Earth-chan's good will and benevolence, that no Albertan would ever go hungry with the great underground pot of soup. And indeed, Alberta has feasted mightily on this great gift.

You fail to understand that Alberta is Earth-chan's kitchen, and oil is the warm soup that keeps us alive when the snow falls and nights grow longer.

Post feet

The population in Alberta is only 4 million but most of the Canadians on the internet are from there, whats the deal with that? Is your entire population shitposting?

We're a unified shitposting force.

hello fellow canadafag, southern ontario here, just wanted to say i found myself out west for the first time last summer and holy shit is alberta stunning. that's all.

fuck off, we're full

Just because weed is legal doesn't mean they won't keep testing. They'll be checking for current use, but there isn't a good test that can say if you were smoking on the day of the incident or two days before.

Vote Doug Ford

>From Montreal
>get 1year internship in O&G in Calgary
>10 months in
>want to be neck myself
Cant wait to make like a tree and GTFO. Best thing this a taught me is that I'd rather be poor back home than stacked in Calgary.
Are all other Anglo metros in the country this much of a snooze fest?

oh my gosh, no. i'd never want to live out there, quite happy being near toronto and montreal, ya know the only semblance of culture in this country. It was nice to see how the other half live, if only for a week.

Albertans are generally more conservative so they have a higher than average presence on Veeky Forums.

If an employer fired me for smoking pot on my day off I would hire a lawyer and fight them tooth and nail.

Going back to the Gay Village, eh?

I hear this shit a lot from anyone from a bigger city. What the fuck do you guys do that Edmonton /Calgary is that boring to you? If I don't give a shit about clubbing or partying would I even notice? I've lived in Edmonton my whole life and just do my own thing and don't understand what I'm supposedly missing out on.

Montreal is the best major city in Canada, hands down. It's cool, relatively affordable, and not overtaken with brown and yellow people. I would move there if I could speak French.

Saw tons of Haitians and random brown Arabs the last time I was there

How would you prove you weren't smoking when an incident happened? Technically innocent until proven guilty, yes, but that won't stop a company from trying to recoup losses after an OHS shutdown

well of course it's an advantage if you can speak french from a dating, employment, social perspective, it's really not at all necessary to live there.

at least the french openly hate immigrants and shoot up their places of worship

Yeah, it is a big city and they do get some immigrants from the French colonies, but Montreal is nowhere near as bad as Toronto or Hong Couver.

based Quebecois

>well of course it's an advantage if you can speak french from a dating, employment, social perspective, it's really not at all necessary to live there.

Whut? You just contradicted yourself there m8.

Montreal is an English/French city. You can visit as an Anglo, but to live there you really need to speak both languages.

Thanks for putting it in terms a burger can understand. Are there any other good US State analogies for Canadian provinces?

i didn't contradict myself, i said there is an obvious advantage in speaking french but it's not critical... i've been here for 10 years, don't really speak french, have a qt3.14 gf, a solid tech job and social life and get by just fine.

I don't know, this is why I would hire a lawyer. Maybe I would be a trailblazer. I have never been in this situation because my employer is old-school and doesn't care what I do when I'm off so long as I do my job well, but I do know of people who have successfully fought this sort of thing.

Fair enough. I don't want to live in a city where I am at a disadvantage. I would rather just learn the language. I am trying but it's fucking hard.

i can appreciate that, but don't let that stop if you are at all serious about coming here. there are tons of places in mtl that offer free, subsidized or cheap french lessons. it's a world class city and easily top tier for canada.

Good. Stay in your "culture filled" shithole.

hey my dude, if you can avoid spending your tar sands money on shitty blow and ugly hookers in the mac and save a few bucks you should come out this way, you may just broaden your perspective.

What do you know of Quebec rednecks? Tech is one thing, but I am blue collar, what are those people like to work with out your way?

inside montreal not a problem in the slightest, not to say they don't exist but they are a total minority . outside of montreal on the other hand, if you don't speak french you are 100% fucked, even if you speak passable french most qc will still hate you.

Hey Canacucks I just gotta remind you that your supreme leader is the bastard love child of fidel castro and Margaret, and pierre was a total cuck.

squawker.org/conspiracy/justin-trudeau-fidel-castros-son/

Cucks!

>and not overtaken with brown
you're joking right in the past decade they have invaded montreal like fucking roaches

Look up the statistics, Montreal is much whiter than comparably sized Canadian cities.

Alberta is a fucking shithole. I hope you continue to enjoy being the discount reject 51st state, you incestual homeschooled fuckwit.

How’s your legal weed, hippie? Oh that’s right, we still don’t have it. It is however a hate crime to insult Islam. Thanks for that, faggot. Really love all these rapefugees we have too. Love my tax dollars going towards supporting single male pakis who lied about where they came from. Get fucked.

Whiter than you, Mohammad

Fuck off replynigger

They probably stay because job are decent, housing isn't bad, the culture isn't completely shot yet, and there's still some relative common sense politically with the people

>t. Vancouver Island guy who needs to move

Vote doug ford

>affordable, and not overtaken with brown
Sorry I don't know how you could think either of these things

It's not like we're happy about it