Do Americans actually eat this? How? Why?

Do Americans actually eat this? How? Why?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=R4J1seTHAMU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Name a better cheese to put on a burger.
I'll wait.

What else would you use to grill a cheese?

Makes the best grilled cheese sandwich

A slight variant makes the best mac n' cheese.

Angry Europoor?

For reals though. Other cheeses are tasty but none of them melt the right way for a good burger.

I kind of feel bad when I see these insipid submissions. One immediately recognizes the kind of person who would post something like this. An un-creative type, emotionally immature, frustrated and impotent, figuratively flinging his feces onto the Internet, desperate for attention.

I kind of want to post predictable emotional response -- something like "ALL AMERICANS AREN'T BLAH BLAH" -- but it's also not nice to string along the mentally deficient.

I guess it's best if we just post a few pity comments so the poor sap in mom's basement who posted this can redeem some bit of self-esteem.

Best cheese for burgers, excellent for grilled cheese, great for chili dogs, mac n cheese, cheese fries, and nachos. Honorable mention for eating a plain slice at 2 am for a snack.

i like pepperjack.

Are those tears of joy? I like the Kraft American Cheese, but its expensive AF

OBSESSED

#metoo

Swiss.

He said better

If you want your cheese to melt poorly and get sweaty, sure. Not to mention taste worse.

Well, off the top of my head: feta, cheddar, mozzarella, gouda, cream cheese, cottage, camembert, brie, limburger, taleggio, casa marzu, stilton, wensleydale, gorgonzola.

My point is, any cheese at all is better on a burger. Maybe your childhood nostalgia tricks you into thinking a burger doesn't "taste right" without this cheese, but your nostalgia is wrong.

Who the fuck puts cottage cheese on burgers?

Euroslimes

i would try the heck out of that

It's literally just cheddar + colby jack with extra milk added so it melts better. I get that it's not a fancy delicacy to pair with wines, but it's made that way so it melts on other food.

For me, it's gotta be colby-jack.

Nobody. That wasn't exactly the point.

BASED americans
BASED yellow cheese
BASED Veeky Forums thread
BASED OP

looks plastic desu, if you look at the packing most are labeled as 'dairy good' or similar as they dont meet the basic qualifications to be cheese

Because burgers and grilled cheese. That is why.

emmental and asiago cheese and many others i dont know of melt perfectly and taste better. Sure some other real cheeses seperate when melted, but i have had many kinds before that melt perfectly and taste better then plastic meme processed cheese.
The only correct argument that is presentable in this thread for american meme cheese is that it is cheaper then normal cheese(i assume), so if you are on a budget it is fine. But if you have the cash and a local supply there is no reason you should be buying meme cheese over actual cheese

>The only correct argument that is presentable in this thread for american meme cheese is that it is cheaper
this is the heart of the "do americans do such and such". yeah, because it's incredibly affordable to everyone. yuros tend to conflate their delicacies with something a poor american eats at will everyday if he wants to

obsession

>emmental and asiago cheese and many others
Unfortunately they get sweaty and take on a rubbery consistency when melted. American melts much more effectively. Compare them sometime and see for yourself.

t. never tried them
i can assure you many types of real cheese(including those two i mentioned for sure) are able to melt in a way that that stops them from splitting up whilst allowing it to be stringy and gooey

American doesn't get stringy, that's the point.

Even if they did melt as effectively as american, which I doubt, would their flavor pair as well with burgers? No, american cheese is perfect for burgers, hence why every major fast food chain in the history of ever has used them as their main cheese. You really think they haven't tested every cheese on god's green earth to find the best?

All of them.

>every american fast food chain uses american 'cheese'
>it must be because it is the tastiest and best melting cheese
>nothing to do with the cost of real cheese and profit margins
utterly braindead user, if you unironically prefer american cheese over any of the numerous real cheeses that provide many different flavours, textures and melting properties(assuming you arent paying for it), you should get the fuck off this cooking board

sharp cheddar
colby jack
havarti
provolone
muenster
swiss
like fucking christ dude

And I guess you're gonna tell Anthony Bourdain to get off the board too, huh tough guy?

youtube.com/watch?v=R4J1seTHAMU

Your point doesn't make any sense, then. You're saying American cheese is bad. No one is disagreeing with you. But it's pretty good on burgers - stating a bunch of cheeses that no one uses just because they're better cheese isn't an argument.

Havarti
Butterkase
Young gouda

i just got some Roquefort, Mimolette, Pecorino Romano, Parmogiano Reggiano, Reypenaer from the grocery store for my 'good' cheeses.
i also got some shredded mexican blend and some sliced pepper jack and gouda.
i don't actually know any person or household that buys those kraft single things and i'm from MS.

Oh my god. Stop being such a pretentious cunt.
>Muh yurop cheese is better reeeee
It literally all tastes the same and if you are spending more money on cheese than necessary you are fucking retarded.

oh yeah. i got one of those store brand blocks of mozzarella that i'm going to cut into thick strips to make fried cheese sticks next weekend. i know it's not real mozz, but it will be fine for dipping in store bought pizza sauce for a movie night snack.

The reason they call it cheese food is because it doesn't meet the FDA's cheese to milk ratio that would qualify it as anything more. It's still basically just cheese and milk.

unironically fpbp

have you ever tried literally fucking anything else? just slice some actual goddamn cheddar into thin slices and put it on.

>seeing the difference between plastic and cheese is considered pretentious.
The sorry state of Veeky Forums

behold the king of cheese! 1% fat, no sugar, loads of protein, melts awesomely, tastes great!

I get them for burgers. They melt fast, and taste pretty good heated.

t.euro

No, pretending milk turns to plastic is the pretentious part, you stupid fuck.

fuck off

Yep, fuck that drug addict hack that relied on his Mexican line cooks to build his reputation

>It literally all tastes the same
lolwut

Smoked Gouda, and some arugula and fried tomatoes

>flyovers are responsible for everything bad associated with American cuisine

really makes me think

>countries I never think of or have ever heard of are obsessing over me as we speak

Their was never any milk in the first place fatmeristupid its litrally made from plastic ive seen the documentry's

>How
on burgers, almost exceedingly solely on burgers
Sometimes on Baked Mac n Cheese, but not often

>Why
Because it melts quickly, which helps because burgers cook fairly quickly

All cheese produced in the USA is objectively fucking shit.

That shit isn't actually cheese you stupid nigger
The argument that American is the best cheese for a burger is correct
American CHEESE, not processed plastic wrapped garbage

they are generally for making cheap sandwiches for children

>American CHEESE, not processed plastic wrapped garbage
Yep, american "cheese" is just processed plastic garbage.

May be plastic wrapped though, you 'meridumbs are absolutely obsessed with impregnating food with xenoestrogens by coating it in plastic, whenever you aren't eating that plastic.

the slices stick together without plastic in between,

Also, being afraid of scary chemical names is not a sign of intelligence

I think the confusion here is that both american cheese and the cheap american """"cheese""""" are packaged the same way

learn the difference euros