QTDDTOT

There are a lot of dumb questions on Veeky Forums that don't get 5 replies and die because they don't deserve their own thread. So I propose:
/QTDDTOT/ Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread - Chicken Edition

>ctrl+f "question"
>no qtddtot

this is perfect for my dumb question,
very new to deep fried chicken here, how the fuck is deep fried chicken made to look like pic related? i've followed some "kfc recipe" standard shit for but the fried chicken doesn't get this bready soft crust, instead it's hard and crunchy, still very tasty though.

1. Double batter
2. Fry at low temp for most of cooking process, then flash on a higher temp for max crisp

thanks!

It is a bit vague, but you're welcome all the same!
Obviously your cooking times vary quite a bit depending on the thiccness, but being attentive and having a meat thermometer will help quite a bit.

i cover chicken thighs with foil and roast them at 400F for 50 minutes and they come out nice and juicy

if i throw chicken breasts in with them, will they come out dry or will they absorb the juices/steam from the thighs?

Why won’t my dad take action to cure his diabetes?

>brine
>flour
>egg
>flour
>really fuckin hot oil
>also a lot of oil
>i mean that you need a lot of oil to cook this bitch
>seriously you gotta cook both sides at the same time and all the way through

what i can use garam masala for beside tika masala?

>There are a lot of dumb questions on Veeky Forums that don't get 5 replies and die because they don't deserve their own thread
If people would do any amount of research they wouldn't happen.

good lord that looks awful!!!

My gnocchis are awful. How do you do them?

i add a little to rice any time i do turmeric rice just so it has an aroma and a slight flavor.

begin frying 2 sliced onions then chuck in

2 x tsp garam masala
1 x tsp tumeric
1 x tsp coriander

let it all congeal for a bit and then add the cream of the top of a tin of coconut milk and you can make some delicious curries with almost any meat / veg

I got a question that really doesn't deserve it's own thread.

I'm trying to cut down on my cooking costs and I have the sous vide meme at my disposal. I've been cheating for the last year by only making beef/lamb which I usually season the same but pork and chicken are much cheaper
What spices/marinades should I try for cheap stuff such as legs/thighs/belly/chops? I know Paprika is supposed to be good but I'm looking to up my game from the usual salt and pepper.

What do I eat to make the diarrhea stop?

I recently moved to a country where beef is ridiculously expensive, as is lamb. Chicken can be had whole for ok prices, whilst fillets really only merit buying at a discount - so I feel ya.

What I do now is look for mince beef at a discount in bulk, say 2.5kg, then use half to make chili and half to make burger patties. Freeze all of the prepared-yet-raw patties and half the done chili.

Something I've come to quite enjoy is slow roasting chicken. I usually rub it in a mix of lemon juice, olive oil, black pepper, salt and thyme - then pop it in the oven, covered in foil, at 120C for about 5-6 hours, turning and glazing with the juices in every hour or so.

Usually makes for a nice dinner for two and I then debone the cooled entire chicken and pluck it into useable bits. This then makes for about 4 meals worth for either stir fry or sandwiches. Costs are at a minimum and it's really quite delicious.

This can't be real....Before I read it I thought i

I know, it's almost like i

Imodium AD until the symptoms pass.

Fat people are generally stupid

He's so ashamed to have sired such a pathetic little faggot, he'd rather just end it.

shiet forgot to add on the rest as I was laying the cash show game lol

You need to age them in the attic.

I feel lazy as shit. What's a quick way to prepare chicken? I've tried baking but it tasted like shit for some reason.

What's the best way to cook sous vide steak? Already making the best steaks of my life using a newly acquired sous vide machine but know it can be even better. Any good recipes for chicken or pork using sous vide?

Microwave for 15 minutes. Have ketchup on hand.

Should chage the thread name to stupid questions /sqt, like in /g/, Is much more straightfoward and shorter

How quick do you mean by quick?
Quick cooking time or quick preparation?
Breastso?

Quick prep. And it's thighs.

kfc is pressure deep fried so you'll have a hard time achieving that style without a pressure fryer

Can you cook thin steaks in a cast iron pan or is not worth it?

Who that boy, who him is?

Canada is banning raw milk so now trump supporters are drinking it to trigger libtards.

Question: why would anyone willingly drink this, the thought makes me puke.

Throw that shit out. We're doing this live!

Slather mayo on chicken, put parmesan on that, then bake until done

qtddtot is from Veeky Forums, which I copied the idea from

I think you're gonna have to experiment this one. Personally I doubt that a properly marinated chicken breast would dry out or absorb the thighs juices under those conditions.

what if I don't marinate? I'm usually too lazy to do that with the thighs so I just season them and pop them in the oven

I like that other guys rice idea. Could make for an interesting dry rub for say skin on chicken thighs done low and slow.

its the opposite here in San Francisco. hippies are drinking raw milk. my friend tried it for a while, sourced from his local farmer's market, but when I last saw him he told me he was vomiting all weekend and that raw milk wasnt safe.

i think milk by itself is gross anyways but why do they drink it raw? is it supposed to taste better?

more natural, less "chemicals" more authentic taste. its sort of like the cane sugar vs fructose sugar debate but obviously more risky and dangerous.

I think a dry rub is kinda wasted on a sous vide. So I suggest marinades. Add spices and aromatics to an acid, alcohol, or yogurt. Marinate in that. Vacuum seal it for 20 to let the marinade soak in hyper fast then drain the marinade and reseal, sous vide. Sear afterwards. Put on a plate with a grain/starch side, and a veggie side. Garnish.

Imodium. Don't take to much or you won't shit for a week. Stop drinking. Eat more soluble and non-soluble fiber. Get some wet wipes in the mean time.

of course you can

if Canada is banning raw milk does that mean Quebec is going to stop making unpasteurized cheese? Because that is going to piss me the hell off

Properly marinate it for a significant period of time then bake it at 425 till the juices run clear. Add an herb butter or mustard glaze if you want. Fuck you can just baste it in BBQ sauce the entire time it cooks and end up with a thick glaze of BBQ on it.

It tastes better but imo if you can get your hands on high end pasteurized milk you're not sacrificing taste and you are paying about the same for a safer product see Oberweis dairy

Your chicken breast is going to be dry and flavorless if you don't marinate it. Just put some white wine, or lemon juice, or apple cider vinegar in a ziploc with spices and aromatics for 30 minutes with the chicken breasts and it will taste way better.

Pasteurization doesn't add any "chemicals", you little cunt (sorry, i'm new to this)

>cane sugar vs fructose sugar
Where does fructose come from?

I'm thinking (hoping) he means corn sugar (hfcs)

I think he's saying hippies who are afraid of things like GMOs and fancy words like DNA and HFCS and chemicals prefer things to be "natural" and "organic" and raw milk seems more natural and safe/healthy to them because it is less processed ie unpasteurized and unhomogenized

in short hippies are alarmist morons

Had someone argue that the sugar in fruit is healthier than "refined sugar" (table sugar, not hfcs). He wouldn't accept that the so-called "refined" sugar was literally the same exact chemical composition found inside fruits.

Did you move to Asia, m8?

lots of cayenne pepper + garam masala + potato wedges

best damn wedges I've ever had

It is, but your body tries to break all sugars down into glucose. Some sugars like fructose can take longer to break down than sucrose. What the guy was shittily saying is that he thinks eating more complex sugars means you'll lose weight. There is no conclusive proof of this other than saying "Huh it takes like two extra steps to turn into glucose, must be way healthier"

ps. btw this is kind of a stupid idea because table sugar is sucrose from beets and cane and still needs to be broken down into glucose by the liver. Fructose which is a common mono-saccharide in fruits and vegetables is basically the same more or less. Also glucose is a naturally appearing sugar along with all the others in food so I don't know what the fuck that guy was talking about in retrospect. Having a different metabolic pathway for a sugar doesn't mean the sugar still isn't metabolized.

You don't get a crust like that with batter only breading.

That has nothing to do with the crust he is talking about

Close. After the brine and before you start breading you need to sprinkle some of your seasoned eggwash into your seasoned flour mixture. This creates all of those little crags and crunchies on the outside of the chicken instead of an breading of even thickness. It is best to pat your chicken dry before starting breading and letting them sit after breading before frying is also beneficial as well.

You also do not want your oil too hot especially with bone in chicken and even more so with larger cuts like bone in breast. You don't want to burn your breading before your chicken is done.

Gnocchi is very simple to make.

Make a simple choux paste

rice potatoes

fold into choux paste with seasoning and what not

don't over mix

Parboil

pan fry in butter.

You can pan fry a chicken thigh in less than 5 minutes.

i'm not aboard the alarmist anti-refined sugar train, but i will point out that context can matter, in terms of digestion and glycemic index. even if the HFCS in, say, a can of soda is the same as (or similar to) chemical molecules in an orange, there is fiber and vitamins in the fruit and you body will react differently to it. i think the biggest "danger" of refined sugars is how they are added to everything, so you end up eating more sugar than you normally should get from bread/pasta sauce/canned fruits and vegetables/whatever. not inherently bad, but bad when overused (like many things in the nutrition world).

Heroin

How do I learn to make bomb tacos?
How do I serve them to people in Canada?
How to do this with no money?

If I leave a Crunchwrap Supreme on my desk for 12 hours, will it be unhealthy to eat later?

It's not healthy to eat it in general. But I doubt it would make you sick.

I wold advise against it. Canadians generally hate spicy food and associate Mexican good with flaming hot mouth on fire. They think the taco bell hot sauce is too hot. The only places that get away with spicy food are curry places because of the huge amount of Indians that immigrated here this century

There's 1 place in my city that serves them. A little hipster place but fuck are they ever good. I realized no one is doing it??? but yeah I guess I'll just serve poutine and hang my self

Thems that breaks. Canada mostly sucks for restaurants. Toronto is ok but I hate that city hahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahah

how do i stop myself from devouring the entire pan of brownies after i make them?

My friend shot a bunch of geese and now has a ton of goose breast, and we want to cook it up. She said that some kind of goose with tomato sauce and cheese was good, which im slightly skeptical of, and online I can't find a lot of decent dishes that aren't "roast it with apples" or something similar

Anyone have any recipes for goose? Not a whole goose, just the breasts

I had a Spanish friend as a kid and his mum used to make this fried beefthing with rice that was delicious and she always gave me some when she made it because she knew I loved it. What was this dish?

make goose parmesean

is goose really fatty like duck?

Diarrhea is the result of whatever you're currently eating.

femanons, what are some meals that would impress you?

a big, meaty cock

anything that is seasoned well, cooked precisely, and not drowning in grease

yes that's what I meant. I meant to type fructose syrup to be more clear.

you have to get the patooto through a sieve, only then is it mashed enough for the gnocchi

roast the potatoes for an hour at 500 then refrigerate overnight.
potato thru a ricer or mashed through whatever strainer/fine cheese grater you have. mix the potatoes and flour completely and break down any large chunked before you mix the eggs.
1 cup 00 flour to 3 potatoes to 1-2eggs

when you roll and cut them (and thoughout the whole process) the amount of pressure you put on the dough will etermine the bite of the gnocchi. i like mine more al dente so i work the dough a lot. some people like it fluffy or mushy so will use more flour and barely work it or use more egg and barely work it respectively

Why doesn't my chicken brown nicely?

whats the secret?

I've already tried the 450 degrees for 15 minutes then lower the 350 trick

what gives?

Its gunna be my first time at taco bell tonight. Can someone recommend me some good shit?

Double decker is my fave

What do I cook if I'm bored of everything

ill be sure to try it, if you or anyone thinks of anything else lmk

ricin

Why is chiken so gross raw but beef steak is ok

Chicken isn't gross raw if you are using quality ingredients and its prepared properly. I've had a couple different chicken tartares that were great.

Pretty much any meat can be consumed raw or rare/medium rare and be delicious if you have the right preparation and the product is of good quality.

Many game birds are cooked mid-rare. Mett is a popular dish and is raw ground pork. Rabbit, lamb, venison, are all good as well and then you have the obvious fish and seafood.

Also you're going to get food poisoning from raw chicken.

No, chicken is just more prone to developing salmonella than beef.
Really fresh butchered chicken you can eat raw just fine.

Thing is with you amerifucks is that all your meat are subpar chemical ridden shitshows.(most of the time)

too moist probably. at least the skin is. do your normal prep with marinades or whatever. Then when you're going to season the skin, dry it throughly, mix in some baking powder with your spices, applying it to the skin will cause it to dry out in the oven, making it nice and brown.

Yeah, I'm sure you eat your chicken immediately after it's butchered in front of you instead of buying it from the supermarket like normal people.

Anyone have any good salmon recipes? There's only so many times I can do some sort of honey glazed thing or just salt and pepper before I get bored.

Is there a way to make my coil stovetop even and less wobbly?

I would assume goose is similar to duck, so follow some duck recipes

Hollandaise sauce

you can replace the coils if they're really bad. they're usually around $10

When making cookies, should I leave the dough overnight to chill or use after a short chill? Making chocolate chip cookies for the first time (for a friend) and apparently the longer you leave the dough the better they taste or something?

Do half and half and see which comes out better.

I don't find there's a difference.