Why is Brooklyn Barbecue Taking Over the World?

munchies.vice.com/en_us/article/d75jza/why-is-brooklyn-barbecue-taking-over-the-world

That picture looks pathetic and I'm not giving vice any clicks. Fuck off nigger

>flyovers BTFO in their own specialty

literally just kill yourselves

seconded

vice is based in ny and its literred with NYU arts majors who shill their crap

Wtf is this, minimalist BBQ? God I hate liberals

>This.
>Is "taking over the world"
I guess liberalism is a mental disorder.

It is?

Yankees can keep their precious fucking pizza but how dare they claim to make good barbecue. They don't know shit about it.

>Vice
That's like First We Feast talking about how a chopped cheese is so "super amazing only available in new york!"
Literally nobody but yanks think new york has good food because everybody in new york has fucking stockholm syndrome and has convinced themselves NYC has the best of everything no matter what "Because its NYC"

Shut up, Cletus

Sounds like Californians.

Tell more about how different the burrows are, like anyone outside that yankee shithole gives a fuck.

Yeah, ever noticed how everything “California style” just means it has avocado and bacon? They’re food culture is a literal meme

>burrows

>burrows
>boroughs
>barrows
>burritos
>buruhs
>literally no one gives a fuck

Yeah, you go and take pride in that ignorance son.

Looks like prison food, that must be why it's called "Brooklyn bbq"

rate my Brooklyn breakfast

I have no particular opinion about "Brooklyn bbq" and dislike Vice, but serving bbq as meat on butcher paper with pretty rudimentary sides (sliced onion, sliced pickle, saltines, squishy white bread) and no sauce is an honorable Texas tradition, and only a Carolinafag who can't cook meat well enough to serve it without drowning it in ketchup and vinegar would think it improper.

>Why is Brooklyn pizza taking over the world?

what's for lunch?

>*Ey, I'm doggin' heye!*

Places like these have been great for me. After seeing how much they overcharge for smoked meats it finally pushed me enough to buy my own weber and smoke my own.

that looks like total dogshit

>that serving size
wow i wish i was 8 again so I could consider that a meal

This guy gets it. You laugh and say we take pride in ignorance, whilst you take pride in your pretentiousness and shitty industrial suburbanite culture. I bet dont get to see stars at night, because even your fucking light is polluted. Ill take my trees and clean ass unpolluted crisp tapwater.
PNW MASTER RACE

for me, it's sweet lucy's

How dare you compare OP pic to Texas bbq. You must be from oklahoma

What's the greens there?

bbq takeout generally misses the mark for me just because of the logistics. the meat must be prepared in advanced, stored and reheated. bbq is meant to be an all day affair, and the meat enjoyed after a brief rest off the grill.

creamed spinach

Did, did your biceps grow huge?

>southerners think that throwing a hunk of meat in a smoker for 10 hours is somehow a difficult art form not easily reproduced anywhere with the basic tools and half a brain

This. Even if you've never smoked meat before it doesn't hurt to give it a shot with your friends and family.

>Taking over the world
I've literally never heard of it.

that cornbread looks like it is a sin against humanity. please burn down their establishment.

Oh shit, that was cornbread?
I didn't recognize it without the actual corn in it.

miss me with that meme shit
Syracuse barbecue is the strongest in NY

>east coast bbq
>good

How hard would it be to surround ny city and starve them fagggots to death?

NYC and LA are the only cities that managed to completely turn me off from ever going back. They're pretty much the same city too
>anyone in a car is retarded so traffic is a nightmare
>niggers and spics everywhere being rude
>the omnipresent pervasive smell of urine
>fucking cyclists darting through sidewalks and intersections

LA and NYC are so different it's insane.

This sounds like a good idea to me.

BBQ made by people who actually know how to cook. As opposed to southerners.

Unfortunately they are the same in all the shitty ways.

Dinosaur BBQ is the best BBQ in Brooklyn, fwiw.

> that'll be 27.50 + tip :^)

depends on the neighborhood. sounds like is talking about downtown NY = dt LA.
i would say there are many nice, comfy places still in LA that only the locals know about, these are typically areas away from the shitkskins. plus it's warmer here vs. NYC. i've been to NYC (manhattan & jamaica queens) during the winter and yes, it was dirty and disgusting and filled with nigs/spics.

nyc is known for having great tap water. so you see what I mean? ignorance. if you're gonna talk shit just come correct, that's all.

not to hard if you have enough lads to cut off all or most of the infrastructure leading to the city for a couple of months

I'd have clicked on the link if it was an archive, but as it is I'd rather just shitpost

having great tap water is like having the highest grade in special ed.

TEXANS BTFO
SOUTHERNERS BTFO
HOW WILL THEY EVER RECOVER?

>nyc is known for having great tap water

I've never understood this. I lived in Manhattan for 2 years and had to use a brita because I literally couldn't stand the straight tap water.

as I said

So a couple tri-tip slices made for a children's meal, a few pickles, and rolls they bought at Costco. Hipster foodies are as fucking stupid as they are insufferable

>a reasonable meal for a non-obese adult

This triggers the red staters.

San Francisco has added feces to the mix

I come from a land where men are men.

And yet you give Veeky Forums clicks.

Your priorities are bizarre.

More like a where men are three or four men who eat shit steak.

>Brooklyn barbecue
>taking over anything
Sorry kiddo, but some hipster joint in Williamsburg just isn't coming on the same level as Memphis, the Carolinas, Texas, and Kansas City.

>Brooklyn Barbecue
Never heard of it.
>posts a vice link
Pure cancer.

Back to /reddit/ you go, OP.

this basket is 1/4 the size of the platter in OP and has twice the amount of food

It's endemic of containment centers I think. Every major hub has some compulsive need to assert that *their* style is better than everybody elses.

Barbecue gives you cancer.

Looks like the shit that I throw out of the griddle catch-tray every night at work.

>PNW MASTER RACE
Washington and Oregon are shitholes, flyovers are literally better in every way when you're fucking off from the city.

It's not "great tap water", it's just got a particular mineral quality to it because of where it's sourced. This makes all the baked products in NYC have a supposedly "unique" taste, to the point where pretentious idiots literally import the tap water across the country to make "le authentic new york 'za xDDD"

you must work at geranium

It means they give you a small amount of food, for an expensive price.

Washington and Oregon have the best BBQ though.

Is there a way to get into smoking meat without having to buy some expensive ass equipment?

Go back to cali, transplanter

Weber Smokey Mountain. Buy the smallest one. If you look for sales at Lowes or Home Depot. I've seen folks out in the suburbs get them for as low as $99 for the smallest one during a sale.

That brisket looks pretty insipid - poor bark development and no smoke ring. I can understand them not being capable of doing TX style, aka brisket, but it's strange really that NY can't do southern pork BBQ since they had a large number of blacks migrate there from the south. Just another reason to shake your head and laugh at that sewer hell hole.

The WA/OR disinfo is being posted by natives in hopes that you wont move there. Don't listen to them.

Wew. Even $100 is more than I can do right now. I was hoping there might be some workaround trick.
Do you know if that DIY terracotta flower pot smoker is any good?

>disinfo
Name one redeeming quality of Portland or Seattle.
Name one place east of those cities that isnt a desert shithole.
Hint: You can't

I'd a hell of a lot rather support Veeky Forums than vice, yes.

Yes, there are tons of tutorials on youtube on DIY smokers.

>no sauce
They didnt put bbq sauce on it? Christ.

If it ain't from Memphis, it ain't BBQ

>t. Calicuck

>Name one redeeming quality of Portland or Seattle

PDX is the best food city in the country.

>Name one place east of those cities that isnt a desert shithole

So you're basically admitting that California is the only worthwhile place in the country outside of the PNW? I'm not sure I'd go quite that far, user.

>can't cook sides
>give you a slice of Wonderbread, some crackers, and a raw onion
>can't cook or use sauces correctly
>"b-but we're the best bbq cooks because we use the same smoking process as everyone else that does barbecue!"
lol the state of Texasfag egocentrism. You guys are so insecure, it's transparent.

>PDX is the best food city in the country.
lmao
>California is the only worthwhile place in the country outside of the PNW?
Inside the state, you pedantic dipshit. One place east of those cities inside those god forsaken states.

No sauce on my BBQ is the only way to eat. Anyone who slaughters sauce on BBQ needs to be hanged from the tallest walnut tree available.

>BBQ requires sauce
Do you think good steak needs A1, too?
Properly made BBQ with a wet rub doesn't need to be served with sauce, and it's borderline insulting to ask for it unless it's provided.

Why is Brooklyn Barbecue Taking Over the World?

>going to some left wing, leaning, stinking, pinko, cuck hut and not a real BBQ restaurant

Do you even America?

what prison is that food from?

>Brooklyn BBQ
Should just call it northern BBQ, these types of restaurants picking the best parts of various regional southern BBQs are all over Northeastern and Midwestern cities

Yankees have terrible food. New York and Chicago pizza is just a shitty version of Italian Pizza.
Southern food shits on them

>People looking at the TVs instead of the actual fucking flag
Disgusting

Because people from Brooklyn are loud and have no taste

except pizza is way more American than italian. New York pizza is just American pizza, it has little to do with the city

Holy fuck west coasters think they have the best food in the country im fucking dying over here

If you have access to a unlined 55gallon barrel you can make one for like $20. look up "ugly drum smoker" plans. You can also use a regular weber kettle but its more hassle to feed it charcoal. Craigslist has tons of great deals on 22" weber kettle

fug. God bless America

Yeah we have American Barbecue places in Germany that have Carolina, Texas, KC barbecue
But I think the point is that it originated in Texas, Carolinas, Memphis, Missouri etc... and they have it at gatherings and shit

this is what a BBQ joint should look like