What does /ck think about Ugly Delicious?

Fuck drumpf

i hate getting political on this board but im not gonna watch a bunch of colored clowns

elaborate

but the cooking?

no steak and ketchup, I promise you.

>/ck
Leave.

I want to see a beautiful girl eating in front of a camera, not a guy. I never clicked on any youtube eating video with a male host.

but the fucking cooking!?

It was a bunch of hypocritical SJW bullshit. Literally talking about how racist whites are while in the next sentence talking about how whitey don’t eat this food. David Chang can fuck right off with his overpriced pork buns.

yeah, the fried chicken episode was too much. but there was some good looking ideas there.

>wah white Americans are so wacist they no eat el autèntico foreign cuisine
Yeah cause China is just littered with authentic southern food restaurants, right?

shit, sorry guys. Watching the Chinese food episode and it devolved into a /pol thread. apologies for the thread.

I liked Chang before this. And now I hate him with passion. Smug, hypocritical and racist pos.

I don't like chang, and I've seen him on alot of shows

something about him just rubs me the wrong way, like he beats women or something and just goes back to work

>I want to see a beautiful girl eating in front of a camera
Girls don't actually like food though.

His wife. His food critic shill. He doesn't beat anyone. What about the cooking you fucks?

The entire rice episode had two bowls of rice. The rest of the time they were waffling on about MSG and racis wypipol. The guy just couldn’t step off his fucking soapbox.

I've watched 6 episodes and I just realized I have no idea what it is about. That is other than offering a platform for David Chang to pontificate and wax poetic about things he has not put much thought into. Also:

>wow mr japan man your traditional yakitori so good much perfection
>shame on you new orleans crawfish people for sticking to tradition

He's a douchebag

Yeah, I’d seen him on shows for years, heard him on podcasts. He seemed like a dude I’d like to chill and drink beer and eat food with.
Not any more, fuck his smug, “I can’t be racist because I’m not white” overrated ass.

>Americans won't eat Chinese food because they are too white
>goes to china and won't eat the food
Alright Chang thanks for the pep talk

Changy boy is annoying as fuck and panders to any person he is talking to about food.
He's the new Bourdain. Or they're trying to make him it. This show screams of sjw crap that really doesn't need to be there. ITS FOOD EAT IT AND STFU.

watch the rice episode if you wanna rage

Watch the taco episode and hear the jew boast about putting people in jail.

Your enlightened mind has shone its light on me. please continue.

It has made me loathe Chang even more than I already did. He's such a weasely little fuckface.

I think I missed that part

I've seen him here and there on PBS cooking show adventures a couple years back. Seems like an okay guy who gets a lot his knowledge from the internet rather than having the natural gifts of cooking. I could be wrong but that's how he presented himself then.

>there's no such thing as authentic anything
>goes to japan
>this is the most authentic pizza ever
>eats north american chinese food
>this isn't authentic
>goes to china
>eats authentic chinese food
>recommended by white expert on authentic chinese food

Are you fucking kidding me?

Get the fuck out nigger

It sucks. A lot. Honestly I would rather watch Paw Patrol with my son than this garbage.

Drumpf with a side of decent documentary. He's easily the worst part of the show, the other korean in op's pic was actually pretty interesting.

don't forget, he hated the authentic chinese stuff while also ragging on whitey for not eating it
Does he not realize he comes off as a twat?

Yeah, I should have written it as "eats".

Remember kids, all food is racist and will solve racism.

>Ugly Delicious
>show on Netflix

so another Leftist political statement disguised as a "food show" by the asshole gook everyone seems to know and sorta love? HARD PASS

Don't you get it ? Chang is not a whitey and cannot be a twat/racist.

Niggers.

Why does the Asian guy always have to say something difficult? He gets shipped around the world to have all these famous chefs personally cook for him as he always has to say something like 'oh yeah well this kind of pizza would be unacceptable in this place' or say anything except comment on the quality of the food. It's weird, he seems ungrateful and more concerned with coming up with a comment than he is enjoying the food.

"white people shouldn't be allowed food" - the series.

Nah it's pretty bad.

>waah they only call me racist because I'm white
Nope
Probably because watching a TV show of some guy going "mm that tastes pretty good" would be boring? But I don't own a television so I have no idea what this show is

I saw like 10 seconds of it and immediately was able to tell I wouldn't be able to stand those soyboy hosts.

>Probably because watching a TV show of some guy going "mm that tastes pretty good
The Food Network is entirely people tasting other people's food and explaining it, some extremely popular shows like diners drive ins and dives are just a man eating saucy food in a other people's kitchens, it's great and people love it. There are also shows about recipes and how to cook. Ugly Delicious is just a guy who doesn't know what he's talking about fishing around in his head for something divisive or racial to say while chewing on something he'd rather forget. Seriously every bite of good thing guy takes is wasted with him mulling over some argument or declaration he can make about society and how he guesses different races would react to it, it's barely anything to do with the food and I don't know why the guy thinks he has anything to say about food when he obviously only uses food as a vessel to talk about race.

Also why is the show called Ugly Delicious? It's just a guy traveling to fusion restaraunts. What's sarcastically ugly about it?

I'm glad I don't know this much about Food Network
Maybe because the guy is ugly?

No big deal, but we can tell dude. You came into a thread about a show you've never seen just to throw in with the host's racial prejudices and imply it's weird to know some tv shows. You don't know anything about what's being discussed but you saw a chance to mock people, didn't you?

>just to throw in with the host's racial prejudices
How could I possibly do that when I don't even know what they are?

This
Is you isn't it?
user was making a comment on how the host is highly preoccupied with racial prejudices, such as feeling the need to comment on white people if he tastes foreign cuisine or something spicy, then you eagerly hopped in and decided that was enough to call user a racist. That plus bragging you don't own a television or know anything about cooking shows in a thread about cooking shows kind of reveals you showed up just to shit on people, without enough information to really know what you're talking about.

Good one.

>you eagerly hopped in and decided that was enough to call user a racist
No, what was enough to call user a racist was his "non-whites can't be called a twat/racist" comment, which is racist for "I don't understand what racism is"

It was a remark about user's racism, nothing to do with "Chang" whoever the fuck that is (David Chang, the chef? a ham-fisted slur for "Asian looking people in general"? the character from Samurai Shodown?)

user was being sarcrastic. He was specifically mocking an individual named Chang and his lack of self-awareness regarding race relations.

I understand he was being sarcastic. What's your point? Are you also one of those people who thinks part of being white is being called racist all the time? It's you buddy. Not your skin. But I know you're too oblivious to get it, so, enjoy your delusions.

Or maybe if you had actually watched the show you'd know that David Chang and several of his guests made very broad and mostly pejorative generalisations of "whiteys". As, you know, a racist would do. And Netflix was apparently okay with it. Becaaause? You guessed it -- people of colour are unable to be racist.

>pejorative
A likely story.

I've lurked Veeky Forums enough to know "in my experience some white people don't seem to enjoy my traditional Okinawan fermented eel lungs" is considered basically equivalent to a KKK lynching.

We're talking about Chang's eagerness to use the blanket phrase 'white people' as a group to complain about any time he tastes something spicy.
This whole 'people call you a racist not because of your race, it's because you're actually a racist' thing is all you man, it wasn't even slightly invoked and doesn't apply to this situation at all, nobody has said they've been labeled racist or are trying to shake the label. The only thing that was brought up is Chang's hypocritical racial prejudice regarding food. You're the one who comes in swinging calling people racist and standing by to coyly snark at people for owning a television. You just came here to shit on people without any information.

Have you watched the show? Or are you just squatting in the thread taking pot shots at random people for your own half-assed gratification of not having seen a show they have?

Tastes vary per culture. Go drink a can of bear spray if your masculinity was undermined by a flippant remark about spicy food.
The latter. You want to fight about it?

Hey, I just turned off the first episode because it sucked and saw a thread about why. I didn't even get too much of the racial stuff, stopped watching before then. It's a fact that there are uneducated loudmouths who can't keep focus due to their politics, and if you think the poor boy's too precious to be called out for race bitching and politicizing what's supposed to be a cooking show, then you can stick to making bad guesses about shit you haven't seen from behind your kale soy latte like it fuckin matters.

Jesus fucking Christ /pol/tards literally cry about everything 24/7.

This is a thread about people who turned off a show because the host kept talking about race instead of the food, and one guy who hasn't seen it mistakenly detecting a turf war because he can't believe people were annoyed he doesn't talk about the food. You missed your mark my dude.

>your kale soy latte
It's zhong shu hu alishan oolong. Both green and have caffeine, so, good guess I suppose.

I've eaten at several David Chang restaurants so that makes me more of an expert than you, in any case.

OK! Go to sleep, David.

Okay Mister 'Chang? What is that, a racial slur???'
Good luck with interrupting conversations you don't understand to blindly accuse people of racism. I know one day all your hopes and dreams will come true, just gotta keep shitting up anything that hits your ear the wrong way before thinking about it for two seconds. You're gonna make it.

I would like that as I'm pretty jet lagged at the moment, but I need to power through this, hence the tea. I'll have a second cup of coffee (malacara B red bourbon) in a few hours.

I would also like to take this opportunity to mention that I do not own a microwave.

Those coal mines will reopen any day now. There's no factual evidence supporting this belief, but I can feel it with my feelings and feelings are more important than facts.

Please don't confuse me with your imaginary friends and political enemies. No really, somewhere out there a white trash conservative is running around completely free from your searing judgement. Go make sure he doesn't get away with that instead of schizophrenically attacking the wrong people for wondering why a food show host kept talking about race after every first bite of world-class cuisine.

that's david choe, he used to have a show on vice that was fucking hilarious. how to hitchike or something like that