Fried Cabbage Dishes

I've been having a strong craving for fried cabbage dishes lately, not sure why.

Anyone got a good fried cabbage recipe they cook?

Other urls found in this thread:

goodtoknow.co.uk/recipes/299134/Bubble-and-squeak-breakfast
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Fried cabbage with carrots

Bubble and squeak with some nice sausages.

goodtoknow.co.uk/recipes/299134/Bubble-and-squeak-breakfast

I usually fry cabbage for my potatoes colcannon. It's just mashed potatoes with some cabbage, onion, and bacon.

I've been literally just stir-frying cabbage with a little olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic, some cayenne if I happen to have some lying around. cover the pan and stir occasionally until soft. not bad. I tried adding some fish sauce at one point, tasted pretty good but also stank up the (shared) kitchen so proceed with caution.

Fried cabbage with salt

Sautéed cabbage with garlic, soy sauce, and pic related. Don’t be afraid to crank the heat.

cabbage, onions, kielbasa, garlic

My best advise is to get some color on the cabbage. Roast it or fry at high heat.

you oven fry chicken gizzards over onions and once it's done add shredded cabbage. It smells great and goes well with gray/black bread.

I like mine with a little soy sauce, wasabi, and pickled ginger.

Just got back from Fred Herbert's restaurant. The guy at the front named John read the receipt wrong. The cabbage dish was great, but I am 72 and fucked up every relationship I have eer been in.

Since I'm nice today for it is thy sabbath
>>cabbage head chopped in half and then by fingerlings straight down into strips
>fry bacon slices in pan(amount to your liking; I go with 5-6 per head)
You can leave this part out but it is what my taste buds have taught me
>peel apple and slice into chunks(not fucking delicious red)
>fry apple on high in bacon grease and a tbsp of oil for a min
>add cabbage and cover with lid for 5-7 mins
>season only with salt and fresh ground black pepper and be generous on the pepper as it brings it together

garic ginger chilli onion.

add whatever herbs you want or a little liquid - chicken stock, milk, soy sauce, mirin etc.

it's good with with szechuan peppercorns and chillies

Poor user.I hope this isn't real.

hard sour apple goes well with cabbage rolls while stewing them, adds greatly to the juice over the rolls

Cabbage is one of my favorite foods, but I never know what to do with it. I usually just steam it and eat it plain or add it to ramen.

Help.

The apple goes well with the pork but you cannot let the apple get mushy, just cook it enough to where it's soft yet still has a bite to it. That's what I've observed as I cook.

try filled cabbage rolls

Bacon feels like cheating, though.

I've only ever had these once, and they were fucking amazing. Like top three favorite meals of all time.

Take bacon out and use olive oil and butter. Don't add the apples if you were planning to.

Sauerkraut?

ATTN: cabbage experts

Would this be decent?

1.) Parch cabbage, remove and let cool.
2.) Remove bratwurst from casing and cut in half.
3.) Add 1/2 bratwurst to cabbage and roll it up. Repeat for remainder of bratwurst.
4.) Smother in tomato sauce.
5.) Bake.

Lazy man's cabbage rolls, basically.

do you want it to be healthy or nah?

i want it to be comfy so nah

okonomiyaki

Sounds a bit too complicated for a beginner.

google Polish-American haluski recipes

Generally it involves frying a head of cabbage in 2 sticks of butter with a couple onions, then mixing in some cooked egg noodles, salt and pepper. Sometimes there is bacon and caraway seeds. It's poverty food

I'll try this tomorrow, I have a head of cabbage that I need to start using.

This tbqhf.

is this an okonomiyaki for ants

then u good senpai. The recipe you had listed sounds tasty but too hearty for my liking with the sausage grounds.

Depending on your liking for the bacon, you can either leave it in the pan while cooking the cabbage or take it out and throw it in at the end for a min or so to infuse the flavor into the cabbage. I like the bacon "meatier" than crispy so I toss everything in pretty early so that the steam will stop making the bacon crispy as the cabbage steams with the lid on.

Very tasty stuff, and super simple and easy to make. That's a crazy amount of butter though, unless you're looking to feed a whole church or something.

Had everything on hand and made this tonight.

Much poverty. Would recommend.

Fug, now I want some cabbage.