/beer/

a thread for all things beer

about to open pic related, how about you ?

Posted this in the last thread but it was too late

Had some of this on tap earlier today and it was awesome

I picked this up yesterday. Pretty nice, would be more enjoyable during the summer while BBQ'ing outside.

A momentar favorite

momentary. But i love a good porter

I've tried a few "Dunkel" style beers but didn't really care too much for em besides this. Anyone drink this style?

user from the last thread that posted about Shorts Batch 8000. I'm having it right now and oh lordy am I in for a night.

I can actually find this porter where i live unlike the Gnarly Barley

Have you had many goses/sour beers user?

Because there's much better than Green Zebra out there.

What I'm having tonight
A Saison from Unibroue in a sort of collab with Megadeath eloquently titled 'A Tout Le Monde"

I love dunkels. I've only ever had them fresh of the tap tho.

Nice! I love saisons and Unibroue are great. Is it delicious?

Lol fancy snobs

Spring is here, boys

Popped a Unibroue Terrible the other night. Top-notch quad in my books.

Anyone had pic related? Went to a bar that had it on their untappd list last night but it turns out they list "upcoming" beers for whatever reason.

bump

I found this at my shopette in germany after accepting that I would have to wait years to have it again. Obviously I love a German beer but this shit is summer in a bottle which i really need in this frozen wasteland.

I'm with you. All I've been drinking are crisp spring and summer lagers lately. Reminiscing about warmth.

This stuff is actually pretty good. Reminds me of spotted cow in the sense that it's super drinkable, but also has some complexity behind it if you're looking. Would buy again

I'm on day 3 with my CBS bottle. Can't bring myself to finish it quick enough. Regret buying it.

Dude that beer tastes like soap

>germans constantly go on about how they have the best beers in the world
>creams their pants over fucking longboard lager, which is basically macro tier by american standards

How? It has super light hops up front and some of that toasty lager aftertaste with a body like a hefe. You could bypass the taste entirely with how well/lightly carbonated it is as well

Red pill me on Three Floyds, Veeky Forums. A few of my friends want me to go to bumbfuck Indiana for some hipster festival they put on every year. Who the fuck travels 800 miles for some basic ass craft beer?

For a midwest brewery Three Floyds isn't terrible. I went to their taproom a few times when I was living in Chicago, but holy fuck I wouldn't drive 800 miles just to go there. Also, if meme food triggers you I'd recommend getting some taco bell before you arrive.

I've been drinking a 6 pack every day for a few months.

Lasko beer has been one of my favourites recently

>hipster festival
attendance was 10k people last year, you're just a pleb

3 Floyds is pretty good, they beer is overpriced but legitimately good. Their brewpub is overcrowded and they make you wait outside, but the food was really good the one time I was there, the beer pours were small and expensive though tasty

Zombie Dust is the one must try, it was kinda revolutionary when it was first made, now top tier APA/IPA like it is much more common (PseudoSue is better and more readily available in Chicago and especially Wisconsin), but it was a really important step on the path to modern better pale ales. Even now when I see it on tap at a bar I usually will grab a glass

Also, its not exactly bumfuck nowhere, its basically Chicago slumland adjacent. If you are making a beer road trip though there are a ton of excellent breweries not far to the north in Michigan, Chicago and Wisconsin. You could make a great beer trip just going from Grand Rapids through Three Floyds, Chicago, Milwaukee, Madison/New Glarus, and if feeling really ambitious out to Decorah Iowa for Toppling Goliath, the best brewery

>For a midwest brewery Three Floyds isn't terrible
What? the midwest is basically the best beer region in the country, at least the northern parts of it

Where can I find Asahi in New Jersey?

West Coast > East Coast > MidWest

Nobody gives a shit about the South; were you considering SoCal as not a northern region?

East Coast > Midwest > Socal > rest of the West Coast > South

Midwest would be number 1 if we didn't have to drive so fucking far to get some variety

literally anywhere

Even if you got rid of San Diego the West Coast would still be better than the East Coast and flyover land combined.

Is it literally macro, kona is owned by anhauser busch. Also I am American, I just live in germany.

My all time favorite beer.

Modern Times is pretty goat. Orderville is one of my go-to's.

how do i stop throwing up? after every swig i gotta lot of phlegm to remove

The West coast is just a giant hype machine. Very few actually good beers come out of California. Oregon is probably the best part of the West coast desu.

>very few actually good beers come out of California

Very few good beers come out of anywhere and have anything close to nationwide distribution. California gets a bad rap because it's mostly known for it's IPA's, which basically spoil if you try to ship them across the country.

>it's mostly known for it's IPA's, which basically spoil if you try to ship them across the country.
I guess millennials don't know what "IPA" stands for

Are you always this much of a fucking idiot?

>basically spoil if you try to ship them across the country.

This is complete bullshit. IPA's were created specifically to stay good during overseas shipment.

>straya once again reminds me that it's time to go to sleep

>being this bad at geography

>needing a fucking map to know that it's prime 'straya posting hours based solely on the extreme drop in quality

>durr we need flags
no, you just need to be better at context cues, /int/ scum
p.s. I'm the other american who is calling you a moron

>context cues
>doesn't know what a fucking ipa is

Yeah, my bad; you're totally an American.

I've been to California multiple times. It was just okay bro. You guys try too hard on a lot of your beer and seem to miss the point. A couple breweries there get it. Most don't, and instead of becoming actually good at brewing a style, they just jump in with over the top shit and never really learn how to make anything that's just good without relying on added flavors like fruit or coffee.
It's common in a lot of states, but most of those states don't jerk themselves off over it

>defensive californian doesn't know what an IPA is
>gets told
>waah no it is YOU who does not know what an IPA is
are you the same idiot raving about escaped slaves in the seafood thread? alcohol causes cancer, maybe you should ban it

I'm still awake and posting because I'm a bored alcoholic, and I'll admit that. But you're apparently here early as fuck in the morning just to troll? That's pretty pathetic.

I work at 3am normally so my days off I wake up around 5am

first of all it's 7:40 AM, for people who aren't out of control alcoholics that isn't really early as fuck. second, I woke up quite a bit earlier (around 3:30) because I'm jet lagged and on asia time and my sleep cycle is fucked.

How's stocking shelves working out for you?

>first of all it's 7:40 AM

Were you confused when you called me a Californian half a dozen times as though that was supposed to be an insult?

confused about what? I called you a californian once. america has three time zones. I think three. there might be a fourth one in there somewhere but no one actually cares about montana. anyway you're three hours behind me is the point.

Fine. I don't have a manager bothering me and can listen to music and podcasts all day

The USA has six time zones you ignorant shit.

>confused about what
>america has three time zones

Dude...

three that matter. really, two that matter, but chicago has some businesses probably due to the low cost of living so we have to acknowledge that. where are the other ones? you mean like guam and puerto rico?
I'm still not getting your point. you asked why I was up "early as fuck", I explained that 7:40 AM really isn't all that early. how much did you drink today?

>i'm still not getting your point

You already outed yourself as an idiot. There's obviously not really much of a point trying to explain things to you.

ok. sorry you're upset that no one cares about utah standard time.

>t. never been west of the mississippi and probably voted for trump

I fly over your time zone all the time. I just don’t adjust my watch

>flies over california all the time
>isn't aware that hawaii is another three hours behind

Well, at least you got the flyover part of your story right.

Listen buddy, Utah is fucking awesome. Do you think being a snob makes you sound smart or something?

oh, not utah?
hawaii ceased to be relevant when the 777ER came out, you’re not even flyover anymore
you were replaced by the north pole

>literally everything west of the mississipi is irrelevant

So where exactly are you from, user? If you say anywhere in the South I might just shit myself from laughter.

My god just stop.

>literally everything west of the mississipi is irrelevant
did I say that? no, I actually said three time zones count. there aren't three time zones east of the mississippi.

I'm originally from san francisco but I've lived in new york for the last few decades

>there aren't three time zones east of the mississippi
>east of the mississippi

>that reading comprehension

So you are from the South?

let me break it down for you since you evidently have alcohol-related brain damage:

you erroneously attributed the following claim to me:
"literally everything west of the mississipi is irrelevant"

I refuted this by mentioning that I had previously stated that three time zones count. since we are discussing an east-west axis here, the opposite of west is east. there cannot possibly be three time zones east of the mississippi. therefore, I cannot possibly have made the claim you falsely attributed to me.

btw, vitamin B complex will help slow the damage although what's done is done.

Never mind, that was my fuck up reading your nonsense.

The smarminess and lack of self awareness makes me think he's a college sophomore spending a semester abroad

chugged two steele reserve 24oz cans last night. I only drink quality beer for refined negros like myself. was pretty dank muh nigga

Imagine being such a privileged bitch that flies direct from NYC to Tokyo yet still needs to whine on Veeky Forums first thing in the morning.

not to be too pedantic but the word you want is "nonstop"

a direct flight can still land and take off along the way

Yeah almost like he's just making shit up or something. But of course no one lies on the internet.

>Americans so dumb they can’t tell the time in their own fucking country

Some of (((us))) are literal flyovers without passports. Same people who elected the orange in chief. Don't judge us based on them, or sip fags, or our fast food.

>talking shit about trump on fucking Veeky Forums

Also what the fuck is a sip fag?

Welp, he finally outs himself as a TD transplant /pol/ newfag who's just shitting all over the other boards without even making an attempt at lurking. Fuck off.

"But trump" is the default insult when you can't think of anything else bad to say. There were like 3 trump voters on the entire island, but apparently not knowing what time it is in Babyjesusville Flyoverland makes you a trump supporter now.

I am not that guy and I definitely do not like trump. I just know better than to talk about politics here because I'll get yelled at.

You literally brought up Trump and acted as though every board was /pol/.

Why are you so obsessed with calling places flyover? I've never in my entire life met a well travelled adult who unironically used that term.

>I've never in my entire life met a well travelled adult who unironically used that term

Probably because you're not well travelled [sic].

Just basing off the fact that Veeky Forums is hostile to women and obsessed with the soy meme, it doesn't seen unreasonable to me to think that most people here lean right.

I'm not, it's just that the out of control alcoholic was flailing around looking for reasons to discredit my gentle correction about his misconceptions about IPA, and turned this into a regional shit flinging contest. first he decided I must be from australia, then I was a black man from the south, then I was a TD transplant /pol/ newfag who voted for Trump and had never been west of the mississippi. and due to alcohol related brain damage he started getting his arguments confused and couldn't even figure out east vs. west or nonstop vs direct.

I just came to talk about beer, sorry if others can't behave

trying to salvage this thread now, anyone tried this stuff yet? I had some earlier this month, it was pretty good. taiwan has a better alcohol scene than most people would assume.

Veeky Forums is full of women and the soy meme is just crossboarders trolling Veeky Forums.

>completely shits up a thread and then pretends to be the civil, on-topic one

Typical.

How funny that you decided to correct my spelling, because "travelled" is used in the UK whereas "traveled" is used in the us. Kind of like flavoured vs. flavored. Seems like someone who travels a lot should know that but whatever, London is flyover territory amirite?

Anyway I honestly have better shit to do than argue with some smug teenager masquerading as a world traveler.

Whatever you say.

>I'm an important man with things to do, like play high horsies on an anonymous atayal ear-shooting forum

I think it's time to leave Veeky Forums forever.

See you tomorrow!

There are still some ok boards. Some are now unusable though for sure. Veeky Forums, /diy/ and Veeky Forums are still alive albeit on life-support.

Some of (((us))) are literal coastal cuckolds. Same people who voted the Sea Hag. Don't judge us based on them, or sip fags, or our fast food.

the IPA style was created to last the trip from england to india, you fucking mong. if the "IPAs" from california spoil if they're shipped farther than 20 miles, there is something seriously flawed with them.

How do I like beer?
I used to love beer, but nowadays I just struggle to find beers I really enjoy.
Is there any sort of method to sifting through the abundance of options to find the good shit?