Canned Soup

>always on the look-out for soup sales
>see Progresso soups on sale 3 for $3 at CVS
>go in and buy 21 cans
>go to regular grocery store and buy celery, carrots, onions, garlic, canned black beans, other supplements
>every day open a can of soup and doctor it up with fresh ingredients and a little more spices then let simmer for a while until vegetables are tender
>started to lose some weight, feel pretty good after each meal

Have I actually stumbled onto something? I don't see any downsides to doing this.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=amJ-ev8Ial8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Nah you must be fat or unhealthy af to begin with. If you're already fit or close to being fit, shit won't last long. Too much sodium and preservatives. What you're feeling is the vegetables that you are adding in. But hell I ain't trying to kill your vibe, do yo thang girl.

All that salt can't be good for you.

It might not be but I would probably eat a lot more than that if I ate my usual diet.

I think what they're trying to get at it, this isn't a healthy, long-term (or even short) solution for a poor diet, already high in sodium. You're doing well with the fresh produce, so why not by a lower sodium broth from the store and put that in a crock pot with your fresh veggies? It's better than any soup you'll find in a can and you can salt/flavor it to taste.

>all these people getting worked up over salt
you're doing better than you were before op

It's a good step but don't stop there. There's gold at the top of the stairs.

i just add rice to them

>muh salt

youtube.com/watch?v=amJ-ev8Ial8

>Have I actually stumbled onto something? I don't see any downsides to doing this.
There is none, other than that you could easily make your own soup, healthier, at a lower price, and have more of it.

>he gets his dietary advice from some random nobody youtuber

Calories in calories out is all that matters for weight loss.

You tell that to OP.

Progresso soup cans have like 220 calories. Add some veggies and its still small. The guy said he had one a day. Maybe hes adding water too to make it last two meals.

At that point why don't you just buy noodles, rice and stock or bouillon cubes and just make your own soup in larger batches?

Dude you don't even understand what you're talking about in relations with OP's story. I can conclude that OP wants to feel good. If thats the case, sodium is not a contributing factor hence my comment.

I don't think you understand. OP wanting his food to taste good means he cant possibly keep losing weight?

You're delirious. Go back and read OP's thread and take some analytical reading courses.

Just admit defeat. You're making no sense anymore.

You haven't gotten yours from anywhere better if you think salt is bad. Just drink more water faggot.

If you're salting your soup with less than the recommended daily allowance then it is bland soup.

why don't u do the same but with vegetable stock or billion cubes?

Love it. I used to do this too, but I eventually started making my own soups from scratch. This is a great way to keep your calorie count low with no effort. A can of Progresso soup is about 320 calories--if you just had 1 can for every meal, you'd clock under 1000 cal/day, assuming you're only drinking water. I'd switch to a lower-sodium soup though. Progresso makes a couple of them, but I prefer pic related.

>mix can of soup with water, spices, pasta/rice, whatever miscellaneous ingredients you have left over at the end of the week
>toss into a rice cooker, set to 'cook'
>cooker keeps soup hot, all meals taken care of for the entire day

You can't lose

Wtf, if you're buying celery carrots, onions, and garlic just make your own soup. That's like the base of most soups right there to begin with

Pro tip to the people trying to lose weight. Yes of course everyone knows to eat less calories. But the bright people also know to increase salt! You are more likely to stay on the diet and will feel less tired, especially if the calorie cut is extreme.

I add a little bit of water if I think it needs more liquid to get everything covered when simmering, but I eat the whole batch in one go.

Well, I'm getting there.