Potato Thread

What is the best way to prepare pic related?

I like sliced baked potatoes.
> Slice
> Melt butter, mix with garlic powder
> Salt and pepper potato, ensuring salt and pepper gets into every slice
> Drizzle butter mixture
> Bake at 450° for 50 mins
> Drizzle rest of butter mixture on potato every ~15 mins

there's no wrong way to enjoy potatoes
>tfw feel like a pleb because i'm not a giant fan of mashed potatoes

I eat that shit boiled with chicken... Aint nobody got time to fry it and then clean the mess up. I'm a one stop pot.

Bake in the oven then mash non thoroughly leaving the peels, then add coconut oil, minced garlic, chopped scallion greens, salt and fresh black pepper

Blend on high in a vitamix for half an hour. Add 1/4 cup baking powder and serve in ramekins.

Don't like the texture or what? If it's the flavor, salt and butter heavily. The type of potato also matters.

Fucken fries my nigga
Here's my way:
>too lazy to peel so I just chop em up
>use that one saucepan that's as tall as it is wide
>dump fries in and cover in oil
>keep them shits on high heat at all times
>don't have an exact time but when they don't break up when you stir them they should be perfect
>bring em out of the oil and enjoy once they cool down

whipped potatoes put me off a little, but i don't hate chunky red garlic mashed potatoes. regular idahos always remind me of bland holiday meals that no amount of milk, butter, or salt could fix
i'll eat it but i won't cook it myself

>peel and shred taters
>mix in egg flour paprika salt pepper garlic and cheddar
>form into patties on parchment paper
>bake for 40 mins at 400
>brush with egg wash
>5 more mins in oven
>done

i do this every weekend

>don't have an exact time but when they don't break up when you stir them they should be perfect
What? Why would they break? I want to try but I don't get this part

>coconut oil
What the hell is wrong with you

Dolphin nose potatoes is my favourite.
I like mashed.
I like baked.
Jacket.
Roast.
But dauphinoise potato is just so fucking tasty.
So good.

they're really soft when all the water is boiling out and if you stir it a bitt they break up

>dolphin nose

you mean daw-finesse-wa

Nigga have you never heard of tartiflette? It's dauphinoise but with added bacon and reblochon cheese, shit is so goddamn good

Try cooking frozen corn and chopped onions in a frying pan until it's all nice and caramel colored and then melt a ton of butter with thyme into it and use it as a potato topping

Mashed, topping a bubbling mixture of cream, fish and vegetables.

>Not peel them
>Just put them in the pot and boil
>then peel them and enjoy your vitamins to some fish

I bake a whole potato. sometimes I bake potato wedges. I don't really like the texture of mashed potatoes so I don't eat those.

Same here. When cooking for gf if she wants mashed potatoes I'll load hers up with everything and just have the plain cooked potatoes with some hot sauce myself.

Roasted. Peel or no peel. Scrub if no. Cut into bite sized cubes. Soak in water changing every so often. Drain and dry well. Toss them in a touch of oil, herbs, and seasonings to coat. Roast at 400 for 20 minutes, flip, roast another 20 minutes. Don't skip soaking, drying, or flipping because even crisping is key.

not mine, but i saw this on a potato thread a long time ago and thought it was pretty good
Cut the potato into French fry shapes, as you see in the picture no thicker than the width of a finger nail. Then soak them in a pot of water for 20 minutes. This ensures that the potato gets crispy on the outside will maintaining at softness on the inside. Then dry potatoes on a washcloth.Then season them with the appropriate spices, I do salt little bit of pepper and the Cajun seasoning spice, if you don't have that just use and paprica. Also make sure to put all of oil on it as well, just grease your hands up with it and rub it all over the fries.
bake at temperature 400 degrees F for 15 to 20 minutes and then bring the temperature up to 425 for an additional 10 to 15 minutes.

I dont have the picture, but yeah

Whipped is what they love where I live out here in Ohio, but I grew up eating them chunky with the skin on. If you can suck them through a straw, I don't care for them. But I'll eat them.