Homemade pizza

Just made a first homemade pizza with baking steel.
The final result tastes better than I expected

overdid it on the basil my friend

Looks really good for your first time. For me personally I'd add fresh basil leaves on top right after it comes out of the oven and just let the heat from the pizza warm it up a little but to each their own.

Thanks for the feedback. You are right about the basil. I didnt really think about it. I will top it fresh after next time.

I'm no authority on pizza but that looks terrific, and I'm sure the base alone would be tasty.
You should also be commended for keeping it fairly simply and not complicating it too many toppings. Would be a great garlic bread side to any tomato based pasta dish.
Bravo.

looks like SHIT

thanks user. Appreciate it

Great job mate. Glad to see people on this board actually cooking

Been cranking out these pan pizzas at home for a while now. I do it in this huge cast iron pan that I coat in butter, between that and letting my dough rise twice I get this perfect chewy crust with a crispy exterior. Normally do a 50/50 blend of mozzarella/cheddar, use my standard red sauce (always freeze up an ice cube tray whenever I make red sauce just for pizza). I'm really liking bacon as a topping lately. If I had it id finish it with parmesan romano grated on it as soon as it got out of the oven.

The banana peppers really just are the icing on the cake, like to put em on a hot pizza while they are cold, get a nice contrast in texture and temperature that way.

You're a fucking liar and I don't believe you.

That's not a first timers pizza. It looks too good for a first try.

>reading comprehension
I believe it's OP's first use of his brand spanking new 'baking steel'.

It was my first attempt with steel that I bought in a local steel shop. You are partially right, though. I have tried to bake pizza few times before - only pan sheet pizzas with mixed results. This one end up far better than the previous ones for sure.

>tomato covering maybe 1/3 of the surface, excluding the crust, everything else is oiled bread
>a couple of mozzarella cumstains, maybe 5 grams total
>3 leaves
Nice """""Pizza""""" you got there Neapelfag

>u/gintonicplz

Picture of the crumb

quite nice, especially for a normal oven

After I broke 2 pizza stones I got a circular iron griddle that I use and think the results are superior to a stone.

where'd you get the steel? I've been meaning to find a local metal supplier to cut me some A-36

local steel shop in my country. I live in Europe so I had to ask for A36 equivalent which turn out to be steel "S235J2G4". In the end, it cost me like a third of the price of original Baking steels that you can buy via amazon. Definitely recommend to obtain it this way. cheers

Whats the point of a baking steel or stone for pizza? Is it just a meme or does it actually serve a purpose?

okay but that looks bad

looks good, user.

Very nice

stop asking for cp you fucking pedo

what's your dough recipe?

It was good, thin and outer part crispy yet a chewy interior and had some air pockets.

No, you didn't, you lying, larping pos.

did you pick the cockroaches off before you ate it?