So I had a frying pan fire and it freaked me out...

So I had a frying pan fire and it freaked me out. Thankfully it went away when I turned the hob off but what should I do if it didn't go away?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9WAQcQuARU8
i.4cdn.org/wsg/1520319102524.webm
youtube.com/watch?v=eF-fyn-WfIs
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Assuming this isn't bait and you've never actually taken a home ec class or had fire safety instruction in elementary school or parents who loved you, here's what you do: remove from heat, cover to cut off the oxygen, and never, ever put water on it. If none of those work, use the fire extinguisher you have near your stove/oven(if you don't have one, go out and buy one right now), but keep in mind that it's going to make a huge fucking mess so save it as a last resort. Cleaning up fire extinguisher gunk is better than losing everything in a fire, but try to avoid both if you can.

>10242491
Hi there!

You seem to have made a bit of a mistake in your post. Luckily, the users of Veeky Forums are always willing to help you clear this problem right up! You appear to have used a tripcode when posting, but your identity has nothing at all to do with the conversation! Whoops! You should always remember to stop using your tripcode when the thread it was used for is gone, unless another one is started! Posting with a tripcode when it isn't necessary is poor form. You should always try to post anonymously, unless your identity is absolutely vital to the post that you're making!

Now, theres no need to thank me - I'm just doing my bit to help you get used to the anonymous image-board culture!

Thanks.

I ended up at hospital with 2nd degree burning wound from oil because i didnt knew what to do

Turn off heat, cover with something non-flamable, if necessary with something flamable but wet.

Also, shit like this is the reason why you should always know where the extinguisher is in your kitchen and have easy access to it.

Water. Just tons of water. Keep throwing water on it unti it goes out. Don't worry about a little flare-up, just keep chucking water on it.

It going to explode and burn your house dont listen to him

no water puts out fire duh

my dipshit wife set a saucepan full of melted wax on fire and i threw a blanket on it and it was fine
except the ceiling and pan though, those were a loss. blanket too.

When it happened to me, I put a pot on top of it. That didn't work though, so I pulled out my automatic ice bin (it's like 2 gallons) and just dropped it on the grease. Fire was out quick.

Pick it up by the handle, drop it in the toilet, close the toilet lid, flush.

>water
>explodes

get induction if you are such a pussy.

Is it your day off or something? You are in every thread my dude

Dousing in baking soda or salt works well in a pinch.

>10242491
Hi there!

You seem to have made a bit of a mistake in your post. Luckily, the users of Veeky Forums are always willing to help you clear this problem right up! You appear to have used a tripcode when posting, but your identity has nothing at all to do with the conversation! Whoops! You should always remember to stop using your tripcode when the thread it was used for is gone, unless another one is started! Posting with a tripcode when it isn't necessary is poor form. You should always try to post anonymously, unless your identity is absolutely vital to the post that you're making!

Now, theres no need to thank me - I'm just doing my bit to help you get used to the anonymous image-board culture!

don't listen to these trolls, they just want to burn your house down. Like seriously, throw something to feed the fire? Quality advise.

Here's what you do though, is to plug your sink, fill it with cold water, and just dump it in as fast as possible. The rapid change of temperature will completely eliminate the fire if it gets fully submerged, so make sure there's a lot of water. Because you know, water puts fire out, not fucking meme garbage. You realize firemen use water too btw? Think about it.

throw flour or baking soda on the fire. water will just disperse the fire and cause more problems

that is stupid fucking advice as well. use something like flour or baking soda

SAND
OR
FIRE EXTINGUISHER
OR
GRAB THE PAN AND RUN THE FUCK

As retarded as this advice is, burning oil into water is different than water into burning oil. The flare up is less pronounced because the particles get put out by the water rather than reignited. I've done this a few times. Obviously the smart thing to do is snuff it out.

Just use a microwave next time, we're not in the stone age anymore.

put a lid on the pan. no air, no fire.

Put the lid on

youtube.com/watch?v=9WAQcQuARU8

Put a lid on it bro.

I mean this:
i.4cdn.org/wsg/1520319102524.webm

throw a bunch of water on it

obviously pour some water on it, water kill fire

Thanks for subscribing to my channel! XD

>that fucking outfit

top fucking kek

did he died

a bag of ice cubes into hot oil can bring the temperature down quickly if it's on the verge of catching fire

Don't cover up the fire, the heat being condensed creates mustard gas
What you should do is get a bucket of water and just splash it on. Water can't burn so it will kill the fire, it'll flare up a little but that's just the fire getting angry at being killed, it'll die down with enough water.

youtube.com/watch?v=eF-fyn-WfIs

I put everything bad down the toilet. Hasn't failed me yet